Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Which is kind of hilarious.   I first noticed this weirdness back in 2018 when we started 0-6 and people were arguing, with flat sincerity, that Frost was doing better than Dan Mullen at Florida, who was 5-1 and had wins over #23 Mississippi State and #5 LSU.

It's gotten weirder.  It's way weirder now because these same people are desperate.

I loved Frost as a QB and as our hire.  I wish he had done better.  He hasn't. It's not personal.  It's professional. Other than "close losses" and "this close", how will/does that translate to wins next season.  Considering we are set to lose a substantial chunk of the thing that has kept us in games.  Our defense.  And if it is because the schedule is easier.....That's a cop out and lowering the standards.   

• Plus1 5

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

I loved Frost as a QB and as our hire.  I wish he had done better.  He hasn't. It's not personal.  It's professional. Other than "close losses" and "this close", how will/does that translate to wins next season.  Considering we are set to lose a substantial chunk of the thing that has kept us in games.  Our defense.  And if it is because the schedule is easier.....That's a cop out and lowering the standards.   

+1 I gave Frost the benefit of the doubt longer than many.  But, the way this team continues to find ways to lose isn't inspiring of confidence in the coaching.  And if he comes back next year and this team lays another egg in week 0 to Northwestern in Dublin, then what?  Dreams of bowl eligibility?

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I think trev will leave it up to frost and that will make or break him.  Either way, next year is frosts last chance, doesnt matter if he makes changes or not.  Either he goes above 500 or hes gone.

I'd be shocked if he did. "Ive done an excellent job in every area" kind of vibe......

2022 might look easier, but I see 4 wins.  And 8 dogfights.....And even Rutgers and Maryland I wouldn't look past.  And with a good chunk of our D gone.....

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Which is kind of hilarious.   I first noticed this weirdness back in 2018 when we started 0-6 and people were arguing, with flat sincerity, that Frost was doing better than Dan Mullen at Florida, who was 5-1 and had wins over #23 Mississippi State and #5 LSU.

It's gotten weirder.  It's way weirder now because these same people are desperate.

Weird is right. We fired a guy for 9 wins less than a decade ago and now we’re keeping a guy in hopes for 6 wins in year 5. 

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I think trev will leave it up to frost and that will make or break him.  Either way, next year is frosts last chance, doesnt matter if he makes changes or not.  Either he goes above 500 or hes gone.

Next years schedule is the easiest in over a decade. The bar to retain Frost (if he gets a 5th season) should be a minimum of 8-4. We have to stop babying the guy and lowering our expectations because he is a former player.

If we simply get to 6-6 or even 7-5 it will not be enough progress to keep the talent coming in as we head in 2023 where the schedule gets tougher and 2024 where its brutal.

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Next years schedule is the easiest in over a decade. The bar to retain Frost (if he gets a 5th season) should be a minimum of 8-4. We have to stop babying the guy and lowering our expectations because he is a former player.

If we simply get to 6-6 or even 7-5 it will not be enough progress to keep the talent coming in as we head in 2023 where the schedule gets tougher and 2024 where its brutal.

You saw how expectations morphed from 7-8 wins to 4 wins being a decent year, this season right? Same will be the case next year. Feels like we are watching our transition from blue blood to regular Joe play out in real time (see Minnesota Football). 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

You saw how expectations morphed from 7-8 wins to 4 wins being a decent year, this season right? Same will be the case next year. Feels like we are watching our transition from blue blood to regular Joe play out in real time (see Minnesota Football). 

Yes that is my fear that many fans do not care about being an elite program and are ok with hovering near .500. I can only imagine what Bo Pelini is thinking now especially knowing he did not have a supportive admin at the end.

5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Yes that is my fear that many fans do not care about being an elite program and are ok with hovering near .500. I can only imagine what Bo Pelini is thinking now especially knowing he did not have a supportive admin at the end.

Is what it is. I’ve been trying to get a pulse on where Husker fans stand. Feels like Frost being the coach is most important and hopefully he gets us to a bowl game next year. I had a buddy text me (he’s a season ticket holder) and say he’s done with Nebraska football if they fire Frost. If this is what a majority of Husker nation wants, I’ll stick with it and hope for the best. 

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Is what it is. I’ve been trying to get a pulse on where Husker fans stand. Feels like Frost being the coach is most important and hopefully he gets us to a bowl game next year. I had a buddy text me (he’s a season ticket holder) and say he’s done with Nebraska football if they fire Frost. If this is what a majority of Husker nation wants, I’ll stick with it and hope for the best. 

I think its a 2 way street as some fans have said they will turn in their tickets if we keep Frost. The problem for the admin is that the fan base is divided now and that is never a good position to be in. And unless Frost can make a huge turn next year and get us to competing for the division, it will remain divided.