Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

10 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I think this is a crazy take, if frost leaves hes taking his whole staff.  No way one of his guys stays here while he is forced to leave

Also I hate the mandate of "you need to keep these coaches if you want the job". I hated it when Osborne did that to Bo after the 2007 season. If you are hiring a head coach, you trust him to hire the right staff. 

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Also I hate the mandate of "you need to keep these coaches if you want the job". I hated it when Osborne did that to Bo after the 2007 season. If you are hiring a head coach, you trust him to hire the right staff. 

I guess i dont know about that but didnt bo know alot of those coaches because he was once a coach here.  And its not like he was a head coach when he was hired he could of had his pick of the litter.  

On a side note, the ticker is right next to me posting this.  There are so manny Ls its just mind numbing

3 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I guess i dont know about that but didnt bo know alot of those coaches because he was once a coach here.  And its not like he was a head coach when he was hired he could of had his pick of the litter.  

On a side note, the ticker is right next to me posting this.  There are so manny Ls its just mind numbing

Osborne recommended that Bo retain Shawn Watson and Gilmore, who were on Callahan's staff, and had no prior relationship to Bo. Bo filled out the rest of his staff with his guys, but there was an odd dichotomy for a couple years (especially 2009) when Bo's defense was making progress but the offense was struggling.

Either way, I think all head coaches should have the ability to fill out their coaching staff as they see fit. Keeping around former assistant coaches from the prior head coach usually doesn't work. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Stone Cold said:

I think this is a crazy take, if frost leaves hes taking his whole staff.  No way one of his guys stays here while he is forced to leave

Where is he going to take them? He'll be living off his buyout, be an assistant, or HC of some mid-level G5. These are professionals with careers to look out for, they likely aren't leaving a P5 program unless another P5 program wants them.  After FOUR LOSING SEASONS you think these guys won't get why Frost was canned and be all up in arms to where they would refuse to stay?  Hell if Frost isn't a total POS he tells those coaches no way they should leave unless they have another nice offer on the table. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Where is he going to take them? He'll be living off his buyout, be an assistant, or HC of some mid-level G5. These are professionals with careers to look out for, they likely aren't leaving a P5 program unless another P5 program wants them.  After FOUR LOSING SEASONS you think these guys won't get why Frost was canned and be all up in arms to where they would refuse to stay?  Hell if Frost isn't a total POS he tells those coaches no way they should leave unless they have another nice offer on the table. 

Huh?  You do realize that while those assistant coaches have a year left on their contract, that they will have their contracts terminated and paid out by the athletic department. The new head coach (if Frost is fired) won't have to take on the staff of Frost assistants.  

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Huh?  You do realize that while those assistant coaches have a year left on their contract, that they will have their contracts terminated and paid out by the athletic department. The new head coach (if Frost is fired) won't have to take on the staff of Frost assistants.  

I never implied a new HC has to keep the current assistants. Of course that isn't the case. Stone Cold said they would leave if we force Frost out and I said they wouldn't unless they had a better option on the table. If the new HC wants to keep them I don't see them leaving just because Frost got canned. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think Frost will get fired this year, because his schedule is really easy next year. The easiest he's had by far. That will be his final season if he doesn't win at least 6 games IMO, but if they're "close" as he keeps saying, it should be an 8 win season at the very least.

Honestly I'd hate to lose next season to Frost.  If you're not using a light schedule to run the table then you should be using it to break in a new coaching staff.

Using it to aim for 6 wins is a total waste.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Honestly I'd hate to lose next season to Frost.  If you're not using a light schedule to run the table then you should be using it to break in a new coaching staff.

Using it to aim for 6 wins is a total waste.

Next year's schedule should be our 10+ win season in year 5. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

It SHOULD be. It’s going to be awfully hard to talk me into believing even above .500 given this staffs history and we will be replacing half of our defensive starters, 2 TEs, our best WR, and the QB. 

I also believe that is how you feel as well. 

Correct, looking at the schedule I wouldn't be surprised with 5-7. I'd rather have it with a new staff