Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

4 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

if they can't afford to fire him what's their leverage to force him to make staff changes. If Alberts says you have to make changes or else and Frost says no then what?

I asked the same question.  No idea.  I have no idea if it's true.  Saw another posted mentioned they had talked with the booster.  If you won't fire me, then I will hold the Admn hostage and do what I want.  Another board had a rumor that a staff member is leaving that will make everyone happy.  Maybe this is the person that will suffice. No idea who it might be. There are 3 others I'd like to choose to leave in addition to the mystery one....

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I asked the same question.  No idea.  I have no idea if it's true.  Saw another posted mentioned they had talked with the booster.  If you won't fire me, then I will hold the Admn hostage and do what I want.  Another board had a rumor that a staff member is leaving that will make everyone happy.  Maybe this is the person that will suffice. No idea who it might be. There are 3 others I'd like to choose to leave in addition to the mystery one....

Greg Austin 

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

The bar and excitement level would be so low for next season, like, if you were a PU fan or a Indiana fan "With some breaks we could make a bowl game!" type stuff.

Isn't that where WE are??? With some breaks, we could make a bowl...honestly. Pelini took us to a bowl every year he was here. Granted he lost 4 and won 3, but WE WENT TO A BOWL. Went 1-1 under Riley. Sucks losing the lesser bowl games, have to be honest. The wins in those games aren't any better, but at least the kids get the experience. Frost has done squat. Zip. Nada. It's been awful. We ARE Indiana. I can't put Purdue in that sentence, because, frankly, they beat us and have some solid wins against great teams this season. Brohm has them moving up. While we plummet into new depths of mediocrity.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Isn't that where WE are??? With some breaks, we could make a bowl...honestly. Pelini took us to a bowl every year he was here. Granted he lost 4 and won 3, but WE WENT TO A BOWL. Went 1-1 under Riley. Sucks losing the lesser bowl games, have to be honest. The wins in those games aren't any better, but at least the kids get the experience. Frost has done squat. Zip. Nada. It's been awful. We ARE Indiana. I can't put Purdue in that sentence, because, frankly, they beat us and have some solid wins against great teams this season. Brohm has them moving up. While we plummet into new depths of mediocrity.

Yeah, it is really close, really really close to NU beng Indiana or Minny.  

It doesn't take long for the fans that are young to forget "what it was like".  First the students stop showing up and just party instead...then the adults. 

8 hours ago, funhusker said:

The more I think about it, the more I believe it is more likely that Chinander leaves and Austin stays if Frost is given another year.

I can see Chin wanting to "cash in" and avoid a possibly sinking ship.  And I see a very proud Frost sticking to his "we are this close" narrative.

If Chin leaves for a DC position somewhere else, buckle up for a frustrating 2022!

Chinander is going to go somewhere and help someone win a conference championship. maybe even in the B1G.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

There was the rumor somewhere on this board that big $ donor said Frost is staying and $20 million buy out is too much, but he will have to change out some staff. If Frost is retained, he is here for at least 2 years regardless of record.....

Next season will be at least a new staff or 4....I am in the camp to get rid of them except Beckton.  Bring in a new OC and Frost gets the "CEO tag" and quits trying to be OC.  I don't think that will happen though.  So we go 4-8/5-7 next year.  (My way too early season pick em).  It will be blamed on new staff/scheme/technique etc.....Throw in the 80th ranked recruit class that I feel will be higher (worse) in 2023 if we continue to lose and that plays into it as well.  Giving him one more year doesn't save a lot of many.  Giving him two will.......So then as @Hedley Lamarr pointed out, he goes 6-6/7-5 in year 2 (he will get a timeline reset as he is the chosen one) do you now fire a continually under performing coach with a now "winning record".......

the only issue with this is that Frost just doesn't have what it takes to be CEO.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, lo country said:

Then back to the real question.  Why would we keep him?

One can only hope Trev Alberts can put the sentimentality aside and be pragmatic.

The true solution to this to keep everyone happy, in my opinion, is to bring another head coach with playoff or major bowl experience, demote frost to either assistant hc or analyst to understudy the new coach, while keeping the defence and Sean beckton intact in order not to lose some of that momentum.

next best thing to to just clean house. you're losing most of your difference makers on defense, and your underutilized offensive talent will likely look to transfer anyway. plus recruiting and development is trash under frost.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, thatguy said:

One can only hope Trev Alberts can put the sentimentality aside and be pragmatic.

The true solution to this to keep everyone happy, in my opinion, is to bring another head coach with playoff or major bowl experience, demote frost to either assistant hc or analyst to understudy the new coach, while keeping the defence and Sean beckton intact in order not to lose some of that momentum.

next best thing to to just clean house. you're losing most of your difference makers on defense, and your underutilized offensive talent will likely look to transfer anyway. plus recruiting and development is trash under frost.

I don't think Frost would take a demotion.  If he were kept, I'd like to see us bring on a legit OC who has B1G experience OR is a run oriented guy. Tom Herman comes to mind.  I still like Chadwell or Napier, but as some have mentioned, why (or) would they leave their current school to become OC at NU and longevity depends on your HC....

I can't disagree with anything else.  Development on the offensive side have been non-existent save TE's....QB/OL/RB please....And WR?  Toure came here as a dude.  Betts and Manning still having issues.  I also don't like we have 3-4 guys who are legit and they rotate with guys who are not as talented.  Almost like all of our receivers are CO #1 at their respective spots....Our play calling only confuses our players and allows teams to hang around until we mess up.  

Keeping Frost would hopefully keep Chin and the D staff.  Watching the pressers all year, the D gets it.  Ironically they have the culture that Frost wants....Maybe they pick up from his NFL DB career more than his QB career.  The D has improved across the board.  Lacking an edge rusher, but unsure that is coached or a guy simply is or isn't....

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, lo country said:

The guy stepping away?  Huge start for sure.  Any idea on replacement?

Frost and Austin haven't been very friendly and have gotten into it a couple times. I know of 2 events at the country club and obviously after one of the games earlier this year. No clue on who Frost is thinking for a replacement. Honestly if you want to keep a trend of "Nebraska guys" John Garrison is a better OL coach than Greg Austin. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Frost and Austin haven't been very friendly and have gotten into it a couple times. I know of 2 events at the country club and obviously after one of the games earlier this year. No clue on who Frost is thinking for a replacement. Honestly if you want to keep a trend of "Nebraska guys" John Garrison is a better OL coach than Greg Austin. 

I have made my opinion clear regarding the O staff.  If he is gone that is a step in the right direction for sure.   So long as the replacement is better, we should see improvements across the board in how the offense does.  I'd still like to see Held and Verduzco head on down the road.  Still wonder if better OL play would result in  more thought out play calling....  

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Lol did it involve booze