Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

11 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Isn't that where WE are??? With some breaks, we could make a bowl...honestly. Pelini took us to a bowl every year he was here. Granted he lost 4 and won 3, but WE WENT TO A BOWL. Went 1-1 under Riley. Sucks losing the lesser bowl games, have to be honest. The wins in those games aren't any better, but at least the kids get the experience. Frost has done squat. Zip. Nada. It's been awful. We ARE Indiana. I can't put Purdue in that sentence, because, frankly, they beat us and have some solid wins against great teams this season. Brohm has them moving up. While we plummet into new depths of mediocrity.

Year 5 for Brohm. Last 2 years he went 4-8 then 2-4

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

All those top 25 recruiting classes and 90k crowds I am surprised they have given him this long at a historical blue blood such as Purdue. 

Brohm also inherited a team which was winless in the Big Ten, went to bowl games his first 2 years, including a signature win against Ohio State.  There was tangible progress being made, until the struggling the past 2 years.  This year, he has had a nice bounce back year.

31 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not trying to make comparisons just pointing out that while Brohm did get a winning season and 2 bowl games his first 2 years no one would have said he had them in an upward trajectory after last season.

I wish Frost had taken us to 2 winning seasons and 2 bowl games his first 2 years. 

• Plus1 1

Welp, Steve Sarkisian is now 4-5 at Texas this year.  Remember, he's was a Broyles Award winner for OC of the year (at Alabama, under Nick Saban).

Texas did win under Herman (Urban Meyer coaching tree).  This season was not a rebuild.  Yet, they are 4-5 with Sark.  Fortunately they have Kansas next week to get them back on track.

The point is you just never know I guess. :dunno

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, admo said:

Welp, Steve Sarkisian is now 4-5 at Texas this year.  Remember, he's was a Broyles Award winner for OC of the year (at Alabama, under Nick Saban).

Texas did win under Herman (Urban Meyer coaching tree).  This season was not a rebuild.  Yet, they are 4-5 with Sark.  Fortunately they have Kansas next week to get them back on track.

Texas will be better going forward; Lord knows what'll happen in the $EC, but he's definitely underperforming, even in their first season. Pruitt failed pretty badly at Tennessee, too. Just because a guy coached under Saban *cough*O'Brien*cough*, he isn't granted some kind of magical coaching powers that absolutely lead to conference championships and the Playoff.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Texas will be better going forward; Lord knows what'll happen in the $EC, but he's definitely underperforming, even in their first season. Pruitt failed pretty badly at Tennessee, too. Just because a guy coached under Saban *cough*O'Brien*cough*, he isn't granted some kind of magical coaching powers that absolutely lead to conference championships and the Playoff.

Always has been and always will be a total crap shoot 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Always has been and always will be a total crap shoot 

Oh, I absolutely agree with that, and even though I don't totally agree, I see why you want Frost gone. But, I see a lot of people wanting certain coaches because they are part of the Saban coaching tree, like that guarantees anything.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, admo said:

Well Steve Sarkisian has hovered just above .500 his entire head coaching career so I am not surprised at the results this year at Texas.  Some guys are great coordinators but not great head coaches.  

• Thanks 1
Just now, Jeremy said:

Oh, I absolutely agree with that, and even though I don't totally agree, I see why you want Frost gone. But, I see a lot of people wanting certain coaches because they are part of the Saban coaching tree, like that guarantees anything.

Having coached with successful coaches are positives.  There are a number of former Saban assistants which have done great, just like there are a number of them who have not done well.  Part of why I liked Frost when he was hired is that he played under some amazing coaches and he was an assistant under Chip Kelly (at his peak).  

• Plus1 1