Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

Lane Kiffen.  I've really enjoyed watching his offense today.  Defense looks solid and I also like that he was born in Lincoln.  He is only 46 years old with plenty of long term upside.  He is apart of the Saban coaching tree.  He also has been apart of a few championship teams in some capacity.  Overall I'd say he would be a solid hire and could get us bowl eligible quickly with a shot at higher level success.

• Plus1 2

44 minutes ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

Lane Kiffen.  I've really enjoyed watching his offense today.  Defense looks solid and I also like that he was born in Lincoln.  He is only 46 years old with plenty of long term upside.  He is apart of the Saban coaching tree.  He also has been apart of a few championship teams in some capacity.  Overall I'd say he would be a solid hire and could get us bowl eligible quickly with a shot at higher level success.

Not sure of Alberts would consider him, and he's a bit of a character, but I'd throw whatever I could at him....Should there be a decision to move on of course. He'd be a really good hire imo. He'd spare no expense recruiting the best talent he can get, has a nice offensive scheme proving to be a very good offensive mind while having gone up against some of the beat coaches in CFB. Most years he will be out of the division race before it even begins at Ole Miss. At Nebraska, he'll have his chances more often than not. All said, it's not up to me obviously. Time will tell.

• Plus1 3
11 minutes ago, Decked said:

Some of you guys are so insane it’s crazy. Lane Kiffin, Matt Campbell, or any established name that wasn’t a former player here is not coming to a program who has been down in the dumps for this long. 

Campbell is within reach.  Money talks and prestige talks.  The Big 12 is becoming less relevant.  He must be thinking next move as he’s taken ISU as about as far as they can go.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Campbell is within reach.  Money talks and prestige talks.  The Big 12 is becoming less relevant.  He must be thinking next move as he’s taken ISU as about as far as they can go.

He would not leave ISU for N. He has already been/being contacted by better schools. He is gonna go big or stay there. 

24 minutes ago, Decked said:

Some of you guys are so insane it’s crazy. Lane Kiffin, Matt Campbell, or any established name that wasn’t a former player here is not coming to a program who has been down in the dumps for this long. 

I think Stoops and Urban are crazy names to throw out, but to me Kiffin or Campbell are in reach.  

1.  For Kiffin, he is a Lincoln native and would move to a division that could be won every year. The BIG West is not as tough as either SEC division or the BIG East.  I think LSU gets Kiffin though.

2.  Campbell is playing in a conference on the decline and that appears to be left out of the "Alliance."  He could upgrade conferences and still be in an easier BIG West division to get a shot at the CCG.

3. Outside of those two I would go after Billy Napier. He has learned under both Saban and Dabo and seems to have his stuff together.

I still want to see if Frost can turn the season around, but if we end up at 5-7 or worse it will be time to move on.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I think Stoops and Urban are crazy names to throw out, but to me Kiffin or Campbell are in reach.  

1.  For Kiffin, he is a Lincoln native and would move to a division that could be won every year. The BIG West is not as tough as either SEC division or the BIG East.  I think LSU gets Kiffin though.

2.  Campbell is playing in a conference on the decline and that appears to be left out of the "Alliance."  He could upgrade conferences and still be in an easier BIG West division to get a shot at the CCG.

3. Outside of those two I would go after Billy Napier. He has learned under both Saban and Dabo and seems to have his stuff together.

I still want to see if Frost can turn the season around, but if we end up at 5-7 or worse it will be time to move on.

Well buckle up because this team is dead.

• Oh Yeah! 1
9 minutes ago, Decked said:

He would not leave ISU for N. He has already been/being contacted by better schools. He is gonna go big or stay there. 

Yeah if Trev makes a change it probably won’t be the immediate home run people are hoping for. It won’t be a Riley level turd either. It’ll be a coach with a nice resume that checks Trev’s boxes. The last AD that knew what qualities it took to win at Nebraska was TO. So if a change is needed I’m optimistic. 

Might surprise our selves who we could get. If we tried.  How in demand was Frost when we got hom?  Other than the rumors of UF was anyone really after him?  With his record, maybe less emotionally attached places punted after doing some due diligence.  

We haven't been bowling what could be 5 years.  We are in the B1G West (easier than East), a rabid fan base (good/bad), building a new multi million dollar facility and have shown great patience with Frost.  I think we swing for the fences and we could get a home run hire.  The good ones always have an ego.  Appeal to that. If you are really that good, come here and prove it. Money talks.  

Hate to say it, IMHO, home run or the Solich plan if Frost stays.  And if we go bowling?  I'm all in on Frost because he straight up pulled some stuff outta his a$$ to get 3 of the last 4. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, RichardHangslow said:

Patt narduzi would be a upgrade had success in the big 10. Wont be a splash hirs though. We need someone that can recruit here. 

I bet he can get much more out of our talent than Frostie. His team competes and has beaten ranked teams. He is not my first choice but definitely an upgrade from where we are right now.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Decked said:

Who do you think would be within reach?  Would a coach with a Mike Riley type of record be the only person willing to come to our sad sack of a program?  I don't understand this thinking.  I feel like we have alot to offer as a program.  We haven't had issues with recruiting top 25 talent.  Any other coach worth his salt could recruit into the top 25 coaching here.  We have the fan base, seems like the facilities are getting better.  Along with the new facilities.  To be honest even a new coach getting us to a bowl game would earn alot of respect from the fans at this point.  Kiffen makes 4.5 million a year at Ole Miss though so unless we are paying top dollar (which we would) he probably won't leave a comfortable spot.  I'd also point out though that our division might be the easiest for a path to the college football playoff.  All the more reason to come to a prestigious program that gives it's coaches every means including this wonderful fan base of ours to win and potentially win big.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, lo country said:

Might surprise our selves who we could get. If we tried.  How in demand was Frost when we got hom?  Other than the rumors of UF was anyone really after him?  With his record, maybe less emotionally attached places punted after doing some due diligence.  

We haven't been bowling what could be 5 years.  We are in the B1G West (easier than East), a rabid fan base (good/bad), building a new multi million dollar facility and have shown great patience with Frost.  I think we swing for the fences and we could get a home run hire.  The good ones always have an ego.  Appeal to that. If you are really that good, come here and prove it. Money talks.  

Hate to say it, IMHO, home run or the Solich plan if Frost stays.  And if we go bowling?  I'm all in on Frost because he straight up pulled some stuff outta his a$$ to get 3 of the last 4. 

Not to mention if we go bowling he would accomplish that with a damn tough schedule.  I'm glad I'm not making the call on a situation like this.  I hope Frost gets this turned around.  I really really do.

1 minute ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

Who do you think would be within reach?  Would a coach with a Mike Riley type of record be the only person willing to come to our sad sack of a program?  I don't understand this thinking.  I feel like we have alot to offer as a program.  We haven't had issues with recruiting top 25 talent.  Any other coach worth his salt could recruit into the top 25 coaching here.  We have the fan base, seems like the facilities are getting better.  Along with the new facilities.  To be honest even a new coach getting us to a bowl game would earn alot of respect from the fans at this point.  Kiffen makes 4.5 million a year at Ole Miss though so unless we are paying top dollar (which we would) he probably won't leave a comfortable spot.  I'd also point out though that our division might be the easiest for a path to the college football playoff.  All the more reason to come to a prestigious program that gives it's coaches every means including this wonderful fan base of ours to win and potentially win big.  

Great post and I could not agree more. We are the only program in the West that has won multiple national titles and can sell out games even in down years. We also should be able to offer more with NIL than other division foes.

• Fire 1
1 minute ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

Not to mention if we go bowling he would accomplish that with a damn tough schedule.  I'm glad I'm not making the call on a situation like this.  I hope Frost gets this turned around.  I really really do.

And that's what's so bad.  It's not like Riley or Cally. I don't think anyone wants him to fail.  Or hopes he can't get us bowling.  I think it's time to part ways or shake up the staff, but I do not want him to fail.  Hope that makes sense

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic