Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

27 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Bad GM but Hopkins was gonna hold out and was bringing his baby mamas to the practice facility. NFL players don’t tolerate complete control, but it works in college. He also won 4 division titles, and back to back division titles with Hoyer and Oswieler as his QBs. Being fired from the NFL means nothing about success at the college level. He has flaws but like I said checks many boxes. We will not have our pick of the litter.

If they hire O'Brien, Husker football will be officially dead. There is absolutely no excitement about replacing Frost with another NFL washout. Forget about the sellout streak; the stadium MIGHT be half full. Boring football, hovering around .500 most years. No thanks.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

If they hire O'Brien, Husker football will be officially dead. There is absolutely no excitement about replacing Frost with another NFL washout. Forget about the sellout streak; the stadium MIGHT be half full. Boring football, hovering around .500 most years. No thanks.

We will agree to disagree. Saban and Carrol were NFL “washouts”

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

We will agree to disagree. Saban and Carrol were NFL “washouts”

I could agree with that. Saban did have some success in the B1G before moving on from Michigan State, and Petey got out of LA before he was caught paying players and their families. 

1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

Jacksonville Jaguars are doing horrible so Urban Meyer will be available soon. He likes the Huskers. May be he can be persuaded to come to Lincoln given that the West division is easy to win. 

Hell yes and UNL can hand out bars of soap after the games  to get the slime off !  No way in hell is he coming here.

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I said it weeks ago and I’ll say it again. Bill O’Brien should get one of the first calls. He checks so many boxes. Won in the B1G. Won at a school on sanctions that experienced a mass exodus. Not a coach still learning the ropes. NFL connections that will help him recruit. Coaching connections that will allow him to build a competent staff. Not tied to a staff of beginners he feels the need to bring along. 

He's aiming for an SEC job.

41 minutes ago, M.A. said:

I'll add to my list Dave Doren, NC State

So, we are now taking former Wisconsin Assistants as our savior????  No F-ing way. He's a helluva coach, I agree, but hiring him is admission that we are their b-tch and that is a bridge way to far for this husker fan! Sorry. I just can't

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic