Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

34 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

That's literally what we are paying Frost right now.  We surely wouldn't lower the offer.  Give him $8 million a year.  Get serious about football, or don't UNL.

I'm usually the "pony the f#ck up if you want to win and stop pinching pennies" guy but even to me $8M a year seems rich for my blood. Guess we'll see.

1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

I mean, me personally? No. But they're a state employee so technically anybody that pays state taxes in Nebraska helps pay their salary.

Yes the coach is "technically" a state employee, but the head coach of Nebraska is paid completely by Athletic Department dollars, which receives zero tax payer funds. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

55 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

That's literally what we are paying Frost right now.  We surely wouldn't lower the offer.  Give him $8 million a year.  Get serious about football, or don't UNL.

We can’t offer anything that Ole Miss or LSU couldn’t match. This i what I mean when I say these guys like Kiffin and Meyer and Fickell can pick and choose. We don’t have anything to offer that they can’t find someplace else, in a place with much easier recruiting. 
https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/hogs-football/the-first-name-mentioned-at-the-biggest-coaching-vacancies-didnt-want-arkansas-and-might-not-be-keen-on-lsu?fbclid=IwAR1TUka9mu_8tVKcHegltSdmn7VDrLsGfnt1u7XBYmaXCAa4LF6tSd8GJEA

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Except not being in the same division as Alabama…

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

My only point was that I think what it would take to lure him out of $EC country would be too much. Then we'd be suffer the same Messiah complex we did with Frost because we'd be paying the head guy almost $10M...

3 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

My only point was that I think what it would take to lure him out of $EC country would be too much. Then we'd be suffer the same Messiah complex we did with Frost because we'd be paying the head guy almost $10M...

So NU should underpay the coach to avoid that coach getting a big head?  That's a new one. 

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

We can’t offer anything that Ole Miss or LSU couldn’t match. This i what I mean when I say these guys like Kiffin and Meyer and Fickell can pick and choose. We don’t have anything to offer that they can’t find someplace else, in a place with much easier recruiting. 
https://www.si.com/college/arkansas/hogs-football/the-first-name-mentioned-at-the-biggest-coaching-vacancies-didnt-want-arkansas-and-might-not-be-keen-on-lsu?fbclid=IwAR1TUka9mu_8tVKcHegltSdmn7VDrLsGfnt1u7XBYmaXCAa4LF6tSd8GJEA

The BIG West is the easiest division to navigate to get to the CFP.  That cannot be said for the SEC West or East or the BIG East.  A smart coach would consider the opportunities of being a BIG West coach.  

Is there just a solid football coach out there? Why do we have to have a 7-10 million dollar man to win 6 games?  We can’t hardly get 1/2 way there for 5. Let’s try cheaper 

I’ll take Billy Napier, which is against my “must have B10” experience” mantra. 

Is Tex Lasso a free agent yet? 

• Enhance locked and unlocked this topic