Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

So NU should underpay the coach to avoid that coach getting a big head?  That's a new one. 

No, not for just for the sake of underpaying. 

I am skeptical Kiffin would want to leave his current gig for here but if I was Trev I would definitely gauge his potential interest.

Of all the available options, I'd think overpaying for Kiffin would not be as attractive to Trev.

25 minutes ago, Poseur said:

What credible coach in his right mind would want to step into this mess?

Lots, you think the pressure at schools like USC and LSU are any easier? Each of the open positions have pro’s and con’s.  Win here and you are a legend. The bar has never been lower. Win 6 games and go to a bowl and you are a hero!  At USC and LSU if you don’t make the conference championship you may not get the plane ride home!  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Are there ever any head coaching contracts that have stipulations regarding buyout? Like if you lose 60% of your games we don't have to pay you a buyout if we fire you? 

We need one of those hahah. 

Also I don't know who to hire. Frost was the national coach of the year before we hired him right? and look how that has turned out. Anytime a coach goes somewhere else it is a risk that things won't work out. 

But yeah, if you win 6 games here now and go win a bowl game you would be a hero hahaha. 

Frost and Alberts have meetings every Sunday according to them. Trev has to be saying: "Dude you gotta give me SOMETHING here." I want Frost to be the guys so much, but it just seems like he is in over his head. Very sad times.

We can discuss the likelihood of these all day, but if you're Trev you have to make them say no: Chris Petersen and Bob Stoops.

Once they say no, I would go hard after Fickell, Campbell, and Clawson at WF. Clawson has been doing great things in a perennial bottom feeder program. I'm also very intrigued by Lanning at UGA and Freeman at ND. Both midwest guys who can seemingly recruit their tails off. 

• Plus1 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic