Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

He kind of did win at Texas, just not enough.  

But I have no doubt that he would hire the best staff he could this time around.

He was fired for losing 3 games in a year.  

Has the recruiting connections in Texas(strongly in the Houston metroplex), will run the ball, and has the B1G background(probably wouldn't mind sticking it to OSU as well)

• Haha 1

I think we spend too much time as fans worry about the best, or popular,  choice.  I think, and hope, Trev makes the right choice.  HCSF was the best choice.  The choice that made the most people happy.  The choice we all thought was the right choice.  It was not the right choice.

Trev needs to spend the time, using all of his resources making the right choice.  It may in the short term not be what I like or what others like.  It may take time to know for sure.  It may be a choice that makes us say WTF.  I will be patient.  

I just hope Trev makes the right choice.

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Herman has WAAAAAY more HC experience than Aranda.  And again Herman knows what being at the top level in this conference takes

All that's true, but I think there might be too much being put into HC experience, because of Frost's lack of experience before taking the Nebraska job. It's a nice plus, but shouldn't be a prerequisite.

• Plus1 1

Be careful what you wish for.

Texas fired a winning coach.  They hired a hot commodity in Sarkisian.

Great hire by everyone who knows college football.

They 4-4 with him. 

Maybe he just needs time to get some texas recruits?  Maybe it's the culture.  Maybe they could end with a losing record? Maybe it's just so easy to to pull a hot coach prospect from somewhere, and instantly things are better??!!

Maybe there is no stability in a Texas Longhorns program?

(Or Miami Hurricanes, or FSU, or USC, or Tennessee, or Nebraska?)

<_<

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
37 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

All that's true, but I think there might be too much being put into HC experience, because of Frost's lack of experience before taking the Nebraska job. It's a nice plus, but shouldn't be a prerequisite.

This isn't a learn on the job place.  Frost brought a JV staff to the big boy table and the inexperience they've shown is a joke.  SO yes, a guy that has been a HC before should be a prerequisite.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

This isn't a learn on the job place.  Frost brought a JV staff to the big boy table and the inexperience they've shown is a joke.  SO yes, a guy that has been a HC before should be a prerequisite.

That was a Frost problem. I wouldn't turn away an impressive candidate because of that. It's unnecessarily limiting your options.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

That was a Frost problem. I wouldn't turn away an impressive candidate because of that. It's unnecessarily limiting your options.

I'm not saying it has to be a current HC, but someone with multiple years of HC experience.  Hell I keep mentioning a name of a current OC, but he has a bunch of HC experience.

• Thanks 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic