Serious List of New Head Coach

Ggodd002

9 hours ago, Nebhawk said:

Chadwell- NO  We hired Chadwell when we hired Frost.  Don't see any difference between the two. 

Bohl- might laugh at us now.

Orgeron-No . He can recruit, but can't really coach or retain his cordinators.

Stoops- wouldn't come here for any amount of money

Were stuck with Frost for the next 2 years.  If he would hire a new staff, minus Chins, we might have something.  For those who think that the Big 12 is dead are wrong.  Iowa St will have a chance most years now to contend or compete for conference title. 

I've watched a bunch of Coastal Carolina; though they run spread like Frost, it's quite different. They like a lot of pistol, triple option, quick game. His line blocks downhill, and his QB is very decisive. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Nebraska under Scott Frost is not fundamentally sound--especially on the offensive side of the football.  If Trev Alberts keeps Frost for another year (which is probable but by no means guaranteed), I think most of the offensive staff needs to go, starting with:

1.  Austin - OL coach    -- The OL has been a consistent problem for the entirety of Frost's tenure.  Austin was an inexperienced OL coach when he came to Nebraska and it shows.  His O-linemen, both as individual players and as a unit, are not fundamentally sound, and the line scheme is not effective.  While the OL has shown some improvement after personnel changes were made before the Michigan game, this unit is simply too critical the rest of the offense.  Without consistent quality OL play, nothing else will be enough.  (One need only look at what Minnesota's OL did yesterday to see how a good OL can make up for subpar skill players.)  Consistent subpar play over the entirety of Coach Frost's tenure makes Austin the first coach out the door.

2. Verduzco - QB coach -- Nebraska has had a couple great athletes play QB for Frost (Martinez and McCaffrey), but they have been inconsistent players, with big plays being matched by big mistakes.  If one is to be a soothsayer to QBs, one has to be able to prepare them both physically and mentally to play and help them keep their emotions in check when the game speeds up.  One also has to be able to recruit and have the stomach to go with the next man up when the starter isn't getting it done.  (see Oklahoma).  Not being inside the program, it's unclear how much of the blame for the QB woes goes to Frost, himself, but Verduzco cannot escape this ax.  it's time for a change.

3.  Dawson - Special Teams coach -- Nebraska has been inconsitent and suffered game-altering gaffes in nearly every phase of special teams this year.  Why they cannot get the right coach or coaches to cover Special Teams is stupefying, but change is required.  (Note, Dawson is also listed as Asst HC/Outside LBs.  I'll defer to others whether to keep him on as a defensive coach, but he's got to go as Special Teams Coordinator.)

4.  Held - RB coach -- The RB room has been a mystery from the outside looking in.  Held is also listed as recruting coordinator. While there is talent in the RB room, no one jumps off the film. Again, I think it's an issue of talent and preparation and gametime decisionmaking from a personnel standpoint.  

If FROST is retained, however, I would KEEP the OC/WR coach Matt Lubick.  The scheme appears creative.  It's the preparation has the position coach level that is lacking.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, NoVAHusker said:

Nebraska under Scott Frost is not fundamentally sound--especially on the offensive side of the football.  If Trev Alberts keeps Frost for another year (which is probable but by no means guaranteed), I think most of the offensive staff needs to go, starting with:

1.  Austin - OL coach    -- The OL has been a consistent problem for the entirety of Frost's tenure.  Austin was an inexperienced OL coach when he came to Nebraska and it shows.  His O-linemen, both as individual players and as a unit, are not fundamentally sound, and the line scheme is not effective.  While the OL has shown some improvement after personnel changes were made before the Michigan game, this unit is simply too critical the rest of the offense.  Without consistent quality OL play, nothing else will be enough.  (One need only look at what Minnesota's OL did yesterday to see how a good OL can make up for subpar skill players.)  Consistent subpar play over the entirety of Coach Frost's tenure makes Austin the first coach out the door.

2. Verduzco - QB coach -- Nebraska has had a couple great athletes play QB for Frost (Martinez and McCaffrey), but they have been inconsistent players, with big plays being matched by big mistakes.  If one is to be a soothsayer to QBs, one has to be able to prepare them both physically and mentally to play and help them keep their emotions in check when the game speeds up.  One also has to be able to recruit and have the stomach to go with the next man up when the starter isn't getting it done.  (see Oklahoma).  Not being inside the program, it's unclear how much of the blame for the QB woes goes to Frost, himself, but Verduzco cannot escape this ax.  it's time for a change.

3.  Dawson - Special Teams coach -- Nebraska has been inconsitent and suffered game-altering gaffes in nearly every phase of special teams this year.  Why they cannot get the right coach or coaches to cover Special Teams is stupefying, but change is required.  (Note, Dawson is also listed as Asst HC/Outside LBs.  I'll defer to others whether to keep him on as a defensive coach, but he's got to go as Special Teams Coordinator.)

4.  Held - RB coach -- The RB room has been a mystery from the outside looking in.  Held is also listed as recruting coordinator. While there is talent in the RB room, no one jumps off the film. Again, I think it's an issue of talent and preparation and gametime decisionmaking from a personnel standpoint.  

If FROST is retained, however, I would KEEP the OC/WR coach Matt Lubick.  The scheme appears creative.  It's the preparation has the position coach level that is lacking.

Couldn't Frost have made some decisions after a 3rd losing season last year to improve his staff? Shouldn't any CEO continually look to improve talent on their team in all aspects? Isn't that what successful people do? You either have "it" or you don't as a P5 HC. Frost doesn't have it at this point. Maybe he'll be rebound guy and in another decade it all comes together. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Guys I don't see taking the job but could always go through channels to gauge interest:

Fickell

Urban(sketch but if you want the best chance to win he's your guy)

Stoops

Peterson

Campbell(most likely of the group, depends on how he's feeling about the 12 shake-up)

Solid guys I could see taking the job:

Dave Clawson 

Hugh Freeze(has a past, we're probably too uptight to take him)

Jamey Chadwell. 

Bill O'Brien

Jeff Hafley

Bronco Mendenhall

Dave Aranda(probably the toughest get of this group)

Haven't put any research into it but my faves off the top of my head would be Chadwell, Clawson, and O'Brien. 

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Have you looked at Chadwells history? He's worked his way up level by level in football and had winning seasons at every stop. He's a program rebuilder with ample experience in that department. His offense is what I wish Frosts offense was. Chadwell runs what TO would be running if he was still our coach. 

Hedley.   That is LITERALLY frost the 2nd coming.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Hedley.   That is LITERALLY frost the 2nd coming.

Frost didn't "rebuild" UCF.  The guys he inherited were 12-1 and 9-4 prior to going 0-12......Chadwell's O is light years ahead of Frost's.  He has 12 years of HC experience.  Starting in Div II and moving up. Frost came here with 2.....I'd take a shot. We'd get him cheaper than a "bigger" name.  His O is solid.  He has done well at his previous stops save 1 year at Delta State in Mississippi.....

Charleston Southern-Not a great campus or facility-You do have Charleston down the road

Coastal- Same as Charleston Southern, you have Myrtle Beach (not a fan) and Conway, SC

Lincoln is light years better than the two above.  I have been to all 3.  Chadwell could pull a lot of kids to Lincoln.  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Frost didn't "rebuild" UCF.  The guys he inherited were 12-1 and 9-4 prior to going 0-12......Chadwell's O is light years ahead of Frost's.  He has 12 years of HC experience.  Starting in Div II and moving up. Frost came here with 2.....I'd take a shot. We'd get him cheaper than a "bigger" name.  His O is solid.  He has done well at his previous stops save 1 year at Delta State in Mississippi.....

Charleston Southern-Not a great campus or facility-You do have Charleston down the road

Coastal- Same as Charleston Southern, you have Myrtle Beach (not a fan) and Conway, SC

Lincoln is light years better than the two above.  I have been to all 3.  Chadwell could pull a lot of kids to Lincoln.  

Do you hear yourself, i mean seriously do you.  Im not making a crack or trying to be a d!(k.  We had this exact same excuse for Riley, We had the NFL guy excuse for Callahan, We had the turn around excuse Frost, I mean seriously when do we stop f#&%ing around.  

And im not saying that you or headly have said anything about this in the past.  Im saying the exact reasons you are giving for these coaches have been given for past coaches.  If we do this, its time to BUY someone.  Someone who will BUY wins, not someone who can work into them.  If you want a work in progress stick with frost.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Do you hear yourself, i mean seriously do you.  Im not making a crack or trying to be a d!(k.  We had this exact same excuse for Riley, We had the NFL guy excuse for Callahan, We had the turn around excuse Frost, I mean seriously when do we stop f#&%ing around.  

And im not saying that you or headly have said anything about this in the past.  Im saying the exact reasons you are giving for these coaches have been given for past coaches.  If we do this, its time to BUY someone.  Someone who will BUY wins, not someone who can work into them.  If you want a work in progress stick with frost.

Chadwell isnt a work in progress. He has literally rebuilt multiple programs at different levels. His formula has worked at every stop. He actually has an identity and builds to it consistently. Plus he currently has a mullet which gets you a win over PJ Fleck annually. 

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Chadwell isnt a work in progress. He has literally rebuilt multiple programs at different levels. His formula has worked at every stop. He actually has an identity and builds to it consistently. Plus he currently has a mullet which gets you a win over PJ Fleck annually. 

Listen ive been going to this highschool for 7 1/2 years............................Im no Dummy

• Haha 4
15 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

No worries.  I think Chadwell is the next big thing.  I love his O and watching them play.  My point about Conway and Coastal is those places are both rough.  Not near anything Lincoln has to offer.  Chadwell has been a winner at every spot.  12 years as a HC.  I think he would do very well at NU.  He would be what we thought/wanted Frost to be IMHO.   If we want to drop serious cash, I'd go after Herman, Fickle, Venables, Stoops........

2020 they had a 1st team and 3rd team AA on defense.

2020 2 Fresh AA's....

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Listen ive been going to this highschool for 7 1/2 years............................Im no Dummy

Last year hiring Josh Heupel is like hiring Frost. A coach with only a couple years of HC experience under their belt at the G5 level. I want a coach with HC experience that has either A. Shown they can rebuild a program and have done so consistently at multiple levels or B. Has won more than half their games at the P5 level. Either is a sure fire upgrade. 

• Plus1 1
  • Enhance locked and unlocked this topic