Minnesota: What Did We Learn?

16 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Seriously. Bowl eligibility on the line, team that has had your number, conf game, possibly your coaches job on the line…and you can’t get up for it? Jesus. 

Chance to prove all your doubters wrong. 
get a win for a coach that just lost his father. 
chance to prove you are as good as those top ten teams you just lost to. 

It’s amazing the team can’t get up. 

• Plus1 2

I'll keep this post to surface issues, because anything deeper is just too frustrating...

I learned that moral victories just become L's when you don't win winnable games...

I learned my optimism this team could reach 6 wins and go bowling is dead...

I think it's going to be very difficult for Frost to retain his job & I've finally accepted that!

Frost will never be successful in the Big 10. It looks like all the big ten coaches have him figured out and can easily predict his play calling. He sealed his fate when he challenged the big ten coaches by saying that they will have to adjust to him. Well, four years in, the coaches have definitely adjusted and can consistently beat him even with inferior talent.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It doesn’t matter what the play call is if the players don’t execute it. 

Yant should have a TD

should have 4 points on two easy kicks. 
WR gotta catch the ball when they get two hands on it. 

Do those simple things and we win this game.  None of those things failed because of a bad play call. 

We are 99th in red zone.  5-17 in 1 loss games.  A QB who leads (in bottom) of TO's........Our losing record.....All of this is a reflection of our play calling, development, coaching etc...That's all on coaching.  Why did we fire Riley>  Pelini?  Cally?  Solich?  Because their players failed to execute or the HC failed to execute......

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Savage Husker said:

Did anyone else think AM took 2 helmet to helmet shots? I dont think they were egregious…or the type that I would say were malicious intent, but I swear he took 2 shots high that should have been looked at. 

Not a complaint about why we lost, but we’ve seen reviews against us for less. 

I thought he took a helmet to helmet hit after he hit Betts for a 3rd down completion in the 4th quarter. Probably wouldn't have made a difference, but i thought it could have been called. 

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I thought he took a helmet to helmet hit after he hit Betts for a 3rd down completion in the 4th quarter. Probably wouldn't have made a difference, but i thought it could have been called. 

Yeah, I thought he took one earlier in the game too. I guess I am trying to understand why we don’t try to get those calls for our advantage since it’s part of the game now.

What we learned...we still make losing plays at winning time.  Its hard to watch,  but i can't say I'm ever surprised anymore when something bad happens.

I still love nebraska and that'll never change, but this isn't one person's fault.  It's everywhere...at all levels of every position group.  Coaches included.

One step forward, two steps back.  That's the new nebraska tradition...apparently. 

GBR, it's hard, but I gotta George Michael it....gotta have faith (it's getting more and more challenging)

Just now, JJ Husker said:

I’m learning that I only thought I had more tolerance and patience than most. Struggling to learn how anybody can be defending this s#!tshow after today.

There is absolutely no excuse for the way this game went or the Illinois game. None.

I was on the side that Illinois was an aberration, in a week 0 game, against a new coaching staff at Illinois. However, Frost can't afford 2 stinkers like that in the same season, and that happened today. 

• Plus1 1