Minnesota: What Did We Learn?

17 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Ok clearly you don't know what you are talking about SMH. It's been years since we've put anything on the football field that even resembles a competitive football team. Martinez has tremendous talent heck he can even overcome a bad line all day long until crunch time and pressure goes up than he becomes a choke artist. Look are coaching staff is fine your just over reacting every time after we lose "it's fire the coach"

I don't know what's going on in your life man bad job, or you don't get along with your family, or you just hate your life. Stop freaking out after every lose man. We've been in every game against real good teams and we have other issues but whenever it gets close or we have a chance Adrian Martinez folds, it is what it is. Chill

I don’t know what I’m talking about? :lol:

You said it yourself “it’s been years since we’ve put anything on the football field that even resembles a competitive football team”. And you think that is only because Martinez folds? You aren’t worth the effort because you’re convinced you’re right and you are so wrong it’s laughable.

Explain exactly what earthly good it is to be in games against real good teams but lose every one of them and also to lose to teams like Minnesota and Illinois. This team has beaten Buffalo, Fordham and a terrible Northwestern. That’s it. And you’re naive enough to blame that solely on one player, the best offensive player on this team because he chokes and folds? Are you f#&%ing serious?

• Plus1 1

Same story. Too many errors. Too many missed opportunities. All this team does is try. Listen to the coaches you'll hear a lot of it too (try). Week in and week out. They don't yet know how to win. I think the potential is there. What seems so close proves to remain far away.  Scott's going to have some tough choices to make. 

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t know what I’m talking about? :lol:

You said it yourself “it’s been years since we’ve put anything on the football field that even resembles a competitive football team”. And you think that is only because Martinez folds? You aren’t worth the effort because you’re convinced you’re right and you are so wrong it’s laughable.

Explain exactly what earthly good it is to be in games against real good teams but lose every one of them and also to lose to teams like Minnesota and Illinois. This team has beaten Buffalo, Fordham and a terrible Northwestern. That’s it. And you’re naive enough to blame that solely on one player, the best offensive player on this team because he chokes and folds? Are you f#&%ing serious?

You act like I don't know what I'm talking about you are the one that missed the point!

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

JJ, ive known of you for a few years now.  Why, do you take things so personal.  Do you think really think it matters whos right or whose wrong.  Or who is shown in the end to be right or wrong.  If we were having a beer in a bar would the conversation be more civil, would you be this upset because someone had a different opinion.  If scott or adrian are gone tomorrow what does it really matter.  If its a rebuild or we keep doing this for the next 10 years does it matter.  I had a cardiac event a few years ago watching a game and honestly what a bunch of strangers have to say on a forum are the least of my problems.  Hell nebraska winning or losing are the least of my problems also.  If i die, nebraska football will go on and never know i was there.  But my family and friends will be affected,  maybe people have been a total d!(k to you on here and im sorry for that.  But it just seems every little nuance is a ear bending problem for you.  Sorry not trying to get on jjs list if infamy but i think its worth mentioning.  

It’s as simple as one poster has been on a bash Martinez crusade for weeks. This team has other and numerous problems. This one myopic take is just getting on my nerves. I’m not calling for Frost to be fired. Honestly I don’t care enough anymore if this team ever wins again. Keep him, fire him, whatever they do is fine with me. Nobody is going to consult me anyway.

And yes it triggers me when someone asks if I’m unhappy or if I hate my job or any of that other uncalled for bulls#!t he replied to me. So if I want to continue that discussion in the shed where I can say what I really want to say, why do you care?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Did you actually watch them play today? Pretty well earned “straight s#!tting” IMO.

3rd string RB. Made Tanner Morgan look like a Heisman candidate….the team that lost to Bowling Green….coinciding with a time we absolutely had to win and the team comes out flat?  Yup, expecting anything less would be lunacy.

I did, it was disappointing.  As I said though, fatigue set in and the close losses have taken their toll.  Frost made some very questionable calls as well.  But he was damned either way in the red zone in 3rd quarter.  Go for it, get hosed.  Try to kick, Culp misses.  The O Line was trash today.  Martinez tried.  Defense was gassed and got burnt a lot, still gave effort.

Loss sucks, probably cements another missed bowl season.

Still looking forward to next year.  For the first time in years.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

I did, it was disappointing.  As I said though, fatigue set in and thr close losses have taken their toll.  Frost made some very questionable calls as well.  But he was damned either way in the red zone in 3rd quarter.  Go for it, get hosed.  Try to kick, Culp misses.  The O Line was trash today.  Martinez tried.  Defense was gassed and got burnt a lot, still gave effort.

Loss sucks, probably cements another missed bowl season.

Still looking forward to next year.  For the first time in years.

Yup, it’s always something. At least it’s not always the same things. Well it is but they mix them up very well so we never know exactly what is going to cause another loss. We just know that it will be something.

12 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yup, it’s always something. At least it’s not always the same things. Well it is but they mix them up very well so we never know exactly what is going to cause another loss. We just know that it will be something.

It's always something for upwards of 120 teams

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

119 of those teams are not our concern.

Well maybe like 111 of them, we play a lot of them.  But the point is we aren't special.  Haven't been in a long time.  And if we ever wanna get back to being special hitting reset every 3-4yrs isn't going to get us there.  We have a lot of problems, but we're still playing good football but not notching wins.  If this year doesn't translate into wins next year, then we can collectively start panicking.

• Plus1 1