Frost Year 5 - 2022

A major portion of college football success is psychology.  Getting people motivated and in the right frame of mind to win.   The Frost regime seems to be not getting it done in that regard.   The team was not ready to play today, and needed to be coached to a higher motivational level, and that obviously didn't happen.

Another major are where things are not satisfactory is overall attention to detail.   Special teams, penalties, basic technique for blocking and tackling and ball security, etc.

For year 5,  I really hope that Trev and Scott can come up with a plan that successfully addresses these issues.   

I think that Coach Frost should not call offensive plays, so he can focus on overall team cohesiveness.  Scott loves offensive theory and so can still be a major influence to designing plays and whatnot but I think he is spread too thin.   Coach Frost needs a talented OC he can lean on.

Scott needs some "energy" assistants too to help fire up the troops, and he can do some of that himself as well.  The staff needs to coach the emotions of the players during the game, which is perhaps even important that the theory stuff.

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This is my only criteria for Frost not returning.  If he tries this AM experimenting again for a 5th year I’m done.

id be trying everything to get Rattler in Lincoln next year.

Short of paying him, I don't see why he'd come here. There are other teams in need of a QB with better offensive lines.

8 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

This is my only criteria for Frost not returning.  If he tries this AM experimenting again for a 5th year I’m done.

id be trying everything to get Rattler in Lincoln next year.

Trading one turnover machine for another?  Hard pass

Not to mention, rattler is a hideous gigantic douche

• Plus1 3

Here is my issue.  I am RB being recruited by NU.  I have no idea how they will use me, if they even will, what kind of offense do we actually run....WR/TE, Id have a lot of the same questions....Remember when Yant got pulled last week for going the wrong way?  How many guys got pulled today?  How many points has Culp left on the table all year?  4 more today.....Our HC is a head case.  Until he can figure out what he wants us to be, this is who we are.....Mistake prone, TO prone team that can't get out of its own way.  The best way to beat NU?  Keep the game close and we will beat ourselves.  It is becoming inevitable...

And as referenced above, Purdue beating Iowa 24-7....So how many more games will we win?  If Frost had not played here, not one person would be defending him or the record.  Or even entertaining he gets or needs another year or 2.......Riley was horrible.  But he still has more wins than Frost.....and more bowls.......

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, lo country said:

Here is my issue.  I am RB being recruited by NU.  I have no idea how they will use me, if they even will, what kind of offense do we actually run....WR/TE, Id have a lot of the same questions....Remember when Yant got pulled last week for going the wrong way?  How many guys got pulled today?  How many points has Culp left on the table all year?  4 more today.....Our HC is a head case.  Until he can figure out what he wants us to be, this is who we are.....Mistake prone, TO prone team that can't get out of its own way.  The best way to beat NU?  Keep the game close and we will beat ourselves.  It is becoming inevitable...

And as referenced above, Purdue beating Iowa 24-7....So how many more games will we win?  If Frost had not played here, not one person would be defending him or the record.  Or even entertaining he gets or needs another year or 2.......Riley was horrible.  But he still has more wins than Frost.....and more bowls.......

Yes, we have to cut the emotion out of it that Frost is one of us.  The facts are - Frost has had 1 winning season in all of HC years.  The fact is, we won't go bowling this year unless there is some kind of miracle that will not happen.  Very good chance we don't win another game.  I am over my 1 week kool aid drinking.  I had hope after Michigan that there is  a real change occurring.  Now I am very doubtful.  Realistically, we are a 3-4 win program until proven otherwise on the field.  We cannot say "on paper we should win 7-9 games"  That is an entitlement that we have not earned.  We cannot say we should win anything just because Nebraska had a great 40 year run.  If Frost wasn't one of us, he'd be gone by now..  If we end up wt 3 losses does he deserve that 5th year?  At this point I say no. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, TGHusker said:

Yes, we have to cut the emotion out of it that Frost is one of us.  The facts are - Frost has had 1 winning season in all of HC years.  The fact is, we won't go bowling this year unless there is some kind of miracle that will not happen.  Very good chance we don't win another game.  I am over my 1 week kool aid drinking.  I had hope after Michigan that there is  a real change occurring.  Now I am very doubtful.  Realistically, we are a 3-4 win program until proven otherwise on the field.  We cannot say "on paper we should win 7-9 games"  That is an entitlement that we have not earned.  We cannot say we should win anything just because Nebraska had a great 40 year run.  If Frost wasn't one of us, he'd be gone by now..  If we end up wt 3 losses does he deserve that 5th year?  At this point I say no. 

Thinking that and then reading it......truly, you are spot on.  That is who we have slowly become.  And I do not see it changing with Frost at the helm.  Had we beat Minnie today, I could see yes we are trending up,  Playing top teams close and beating ones we should.  Now watching Purdue dismantle Iowa.....At Iowa......Wow.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

He's been paid (roughly) $20 million dollars and produced 15 wins...$1.3 million per win. I was chugging right there with you.

Expensive Kool-aid.