I've seen enough.

BoSolich

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You're acting like people are reacting to this one game when the entire Frost era has been a complete disaster. 

He didn't deserve the last 2 years.  He only got them because he's a legend as a player.  Don't say he deserves a 5th.  You won't get away with it. 

He deserves a fifth year.

Now what?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

You're acting like people are reacting to this one game when the entire Frost era has been a complete disaster. 

He didn't deserve the last 2 years.  He only got them because he's a legend as a player.  Don't say he deserves a 5th.  You won't get away with it. 

He does deserve a 5th, legend or not.  Everyone wishing this was his swan song must have a slam dunk hire in their back pocket.  Or, we just want to keep hitting reset forever until we hire a magician that can turn it around in 1 year.

Half the people being a drama queen today will be back to normal by Wednesday.  The other half, well they can continue spewing nonsense that we have to fire Frost immediately to somehow feel better about ourselves, Idk.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I’m so indifferent on this I’m surprised at myself, maybe it’s the apathy, maybe it’s the let down from all the hype that was supposed to be with Frost.

Keep him, I can live with that decision. Most certainly would have he makes some serious changes on the staff, or at the very least shows improvement with the roster.

Fire him, completely understandable and I’d be okay with that decision, although I’d sure hope Alberts had a big hire ready to go.

I do think he gets one more year. Alberts probably doesn’t want to come in and immediately fire the native son and long term PR move is to show you gave him essentially two years and there was no progress. Also Nebraska is always going to be Nebraska. The fans loyalty has completely spoiled the athletic department. We will be there for them no matter what, so what’s one more year to see if things somehow work out?

3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm not asking for Nick Saban. Right now, I'm asking for a coach who can finish in the top half of the Big Ten. Frost is now 1-4 in the conference this year. Regardless of how the cross divisional schedule is made, Frost is now 6-15 against West Division opponents. That's terrible. 

It is terrible.  It's taken far longer than it should  have.  This year is unfortunately the corner.  We hoped it was last year, but last year was mostly a wash for all 130 teams.  So it's this year.  This is the first season we've played hard and effectively against every team we've lined up from.  Last week this time we all saw it.  But now that we succumbed to a team everyone expected a 56-7 beatdown of again we're going to piss and moan about it.

The season was done with the Michigan loss.  All we were playing for moving forward was measurable improvement.  Losing to Minnesota is a step back, but we'll bounce back after a break and a Purdue win.  Then we'll play okayish against Ohio State, then maybe we get lucky against Wiscy, probably not.  Then we get throttled by Iowa.  4-8, 5-7 if we're lucky.  More offseason of crying and fire Frost chants.

Then before we know it, it's late summer and everyone having a tizzy tonight will be doing Stone Cold Beer Baths with Cherry Kool-aid yelling GO BIG RED!  And it will be Frost as the coach, and we'll probably have a low pre season ranking to boot.  I'm putting my chips on next year as the make or break.  Nobody has to follow suit, but it's going to play out like I've just described, like it or not.

• Plus1 3

You can't keep doing exactly what you are doing now. You have to change something.

I don't know if that means Frost, or if it means no Frost. I feel like it's turning into that situation we always end up in every few years where we begin to argue if it's the head coach that needs replacing, or a couple of assistant coaches, and whether or not the head coach will show blind loyalty to problematic staff.

Program is at (another) crossroads, and needs some serious introspection. Again.

3 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I’m so indifferent on this I’m surprised at myself, maybe it’s the apathy, maybe it’s the let down from all the hype that was supposed to be with Frost.

Keep him, I can live with that decision. Most certainly would have he makes some serious changes on the staff, or at the very least shows improvement with the roster.

Fire him, completely understandable and I’d be okay with that decision, although I’d sure hope Alberts had a big hire ready to go.

I do think he gets one more year. Alberts probably doesn’t want to come in and immediately fire the native son and long term PR move is to show you gave him essentially two years and there was no progress. Also Nebraska is always going to be Nebraska. The fans loyalty has completely spoiled the athletic department. We will be there for them no matter what, so what’s one more year to see if things somehow work out?

Fair points, but to your last paragraph, Trev probably didn't want to kill the football and wrestling programs at UNO but did for the university.  Also why should he have to say he gave SF two years when there has been three years of datum already in the records books that show minimal improvement and little to no progress

1 minute ago, CheeseHusker said:

You can't keep doing exactly what you are doing now. You have to change something.

I don't know if that means Frost, or if it means no Frost. I feel like it's turning into that situation we always end up in every few years where we begin to argue if it's the head coach that needs replacing, or a couple of assistant coaches, and whether or not the head coach will show blind loyalty to problematic staff.

Program is at (another) crossroads, and needs some serious introspection. Again.

It's going to be assistants, in about a month and a half.  After that, next year is his make or break.

I suspect Trev's making a pros and cons list as we speak.

I also wonder if outside influences may force his hand eventually - they propped up the sellout streak once; how many times can you keep doing it? Is it worth all the transfers that will probably happen? Is it worth wasting a recruiting class (posters on another forum seem to think it's a bad one anyway)?

This is a tough one, because we all wanted this to work. We wanted it to work badly, and we sure thought it would.

I guess I'll just have to sit back and watch.

3 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Hey they just need more juice

BYOJ......Bring Your Own Juice-Dabo    He said it a few years ago when Clemson struggled, but won.  Guys gotta dig deep. Want to win.  Have to find it inside themselves because coaches can't give it to them.  That presser he looked done.  Just mentally done.  As in no idea how to fix the same mistakes observed for 3.5 years.....

1 minute ago, lo country said:

BYOJ......Bring Your Own Juice-Dabo    He said it a few years ago when Clemson struggled, but won.  Guys gotta dig deep. Want to win.  Have to find it inside themselves because coaches can't give it to them.  That presser he looked done.  Just mentally done.  As in no idea how to fix the same mistakes observed for 3.5 years.....

The thing that i find concerning about his comments after games is he comes off like they're just unlucky. Maybe he just doesn't want to throw his staff under the bus or say that he doesn't know what to do. I really hope he doesn't believe their biggest down fall is luck.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

The thing that i find concerning about his comments after games is he comes off like they're just unlucky. Maybe he just doesn't want to throw his staff under the bus or say that he doesn't know what to do. I really hope he doesn't believe their biggest down fall is luck.

JoJo wanted to go off.  Kept it under wraps, but I felt like he really wanted to throw the O under the bus.  Honestly, maybe he needs to.....Publicly out them.  We got y'all 2 INT's.....on their side of the field.  Stopped their O in the 2nd half other than TD run.  Have carried them all season and they just continually throw it away an put us back on the field.  We have been close in every game inspite of the O not because of them.......Go all Peter bros on the O...

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BoNeyard said:

This is where I am at