I've seen enough.

BoSolich

Just now, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Why do we have to get a bad hire again?  What if it is a good hire and he wins 9 games in year 2?  Why the defeatist attitude and loyalty to Scott the coach who isn't Scott the player?  Oklahoma didn't hire Josh Heupel as HC.  Tennessee had no interest in Tee Martin as HC.  Judge Scott on his own coaching merit which right now is one of the worst coaches in Nebraska football history.  There are no guarantees it works because he was a championship player.  Take the emotion out of it.  Chances are if it was going to work, it would have already happened by now.

Actually he is one of the worst coaches with 40 games under their belt at their current stop. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

he may get a 5th year but he doesnt deserve a 5th year. 

That's not true... yet.  I think the majority of the fan base would feel a 5th year would be deserving if we get to 6-6.  

If this season doesn't finish with momentum, I struggle to see how it makes sense to bring Scott back.  I remain optimistic that we win 3 of our last 4 but it's a pretty tall task for this team. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Why do we have to get a bad hire again?  What if it is a good hire and he wins 9 games in year 2?  Why the defeatist attitude and loyalty to Scott the coach who isn't Scott the player?  Oklahoma didn't hire Josh Heupel as HC.  Tennessee had no interest in Tee Martin as HC.  Judge Scott on his own coaching merit which right now is one of the worst coaches in Nebraska football history.  There are no guarantees it works because he was a championship player.  Take the emotion out of it.  Chances are if it was going to work, it would have already happened by now.

I took emotion out of it long ago.  He's getting a 5th year.

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

he may get a 5th year but he doesnt deserve a 5th year. 

That sentiment is premature.  4 games left.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6
24 minutes ago, Redux said:

Also hadn't had to play 8 straight games with no break and 3 close losses to top 25 teams.  Team was drained, mentally and physically.  You could see it.

Yes, that's true.  I'm optimistic that changes for the better in year 5.

As you should be. But there is no reason or justification for optimism whatsoever. at least not with any of the things that the Head coach is directly responsible for.

if he could not find it in himself and his program to make sure he showed up ready and motivated for a poor Minnesota team that has given them heaps of bulletin board material, and has destroyed them 2 years in a row, then he probably just doesn't have the necessary skills to do so.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

9 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

What have any of you seen in 3+ years that says Heck yeah Frost is going to win 3 of 4 to close out the season. He literally hasnt beat a team with a winning record in years and those teams were 7-6. 

Literally doesn't matter right now, because he's not getting fired unless they go 0-4 and lose big to 2 of them.  Even then, he may just hang on.  So everyone can piss and moan from here until August, changes zilch.  It's Frost for better or worse until at least 2022.  We'll see how that goes.

I'm optimistic for 2-2 and a good showing against the ranked teams.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, thatguy said:

As you should be. But there is no reason or justification for optimism whatsoever. at least not with any of the things that the Head coach is directly responsible for.

if he could not find it in himself and his program to make sure he showed up ready and motivated for a poor Minnesota team that has given them heaps of bulletin board material, and has destroyed them 2 years in a row, then he probably just doesn't have the necessary skills to do so.

The justification is that the alternative is to be a whiny a$$ for the next calendar year.  I've done that before, it's not fun.  I'd rather focus on what I've like thus far this year.  Still feel way better about the team than I have in years.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Redux said:

The justification is thst the alternative is to be a whiny a$$ for thr next calendar year.  I've done that before, it's not fun.  I'd rather focus on what I've like thus far this year.  Still feel way better about the team than I have in years.

well, self-deception is far worse than being whiny. hopefully you at least admit that to yourself. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, thatguy said:

well, self-deception is far worse than being whiny. hopefully you at least admit that to yourself. 

Be miserable if that gets your jollies.  He's going nowhere so you'll have plenty of opportunity.  I'm not happy about the year either, really disappointed actually.

A bunch of faceless people crying on a message board, yeah.....gonna change the world!  :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Redux said:

Be miserable if that gets your jollies.  He's going nowhere so you'll have plenty of opportunity.  I'm not happy about the year either, really disappointed actually.

A bunch of faceless people crying on a message board, yeah.....gonna change the world!  :lol:

Why do I have to be miserable? Cant I just say well looks like we will suck for a few more years and just go on about my life. Then when the season comes around I can b!^@h and moan for 12 games and then just go back to living my life etc. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I join the board this morning and this is the topic I see.  Welcome to the ever-growing club of fans who love the program, but cannot bear to witness the same horror film each and every week.  As a founding member of this group in 2018, I understand the frustration you have endured.  

In terms of the game, I caught a few of the lowlights this morning and it was sadly, predictable.  This program cannot become bowl eligible again until it conquers the program titans of Northwestern, Minnesota, Illinois, and Purdue each and every year.  Had Coach Osborne gone 1-3 or 0-4 against the likes of Kansas, Missouri, Iowa State and Kansas State each year, he would not have lasted long.  

As I have said repeatedly, Coach Frost will get a 5th year so you should prepare for that reality (unless there is mutual agreement on resignation this season).  He will not be terminated.  With bowl eligibility now unlikely for a 5th consecutive season, AD Alberts will sit down with the Coach this offseason and establish metrics for performance next year (on a plan).  If those are not met, he will be terminated in November, 2022.  As simple as that.  

• Plus1 2
45 minutes ago, Redux said:

Also hadn't had to play 8 straight games with no break and 3 close losses to top 25 teams.  Team was drained, mentally and physically.  You could see it.

Yes, that's true.  I'm optimistic that changes for the better in year 5.

I sincerely hope that your optimism pays dividends in Year 5.  Based on your comments, it appears that Coach Frost's ardent supporters are quickly running out of rationale for staff retention beyond 2022. 

In terms of optimism, I am optimistic that this fan base will be respectful, kind and above all grateful to Coach Frost for his contributions to NU upon his departure next November.  

14 minutes ago, Redux said:

so... calling out incompetence and asking for excellence is now being miserable?

lol you must be fun to work with.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
7 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Why do I have to be miserable? Cant I just say well looks like we will suck for a few more years and just go on about my life. Then when the season comes around I can b!^@h and moan for 12 games and then just go back to living my life etc. 

You don't have to be miserable.  It's a choice.

I like your posts though, so keep 'em coming 

And it's not that I disagree with you that Frost hasn't performed well.....it's that the decision makers have already said they like the progress and this season will not be judged on the W/L record.

Though I guarantee you Frost wants to win every one of them.