I've seen enough.

BoSolich

11 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

I join the board this morning and this is the topic I see.  Welcome to the ever-growing club of fans who love the program, but cannot bear to witness the same horror film each and every week.  As a founding member of this group in 2018, I understand the frustration you have endured.  

In terms of the game, I caught a few of the lowlights this morning and it was sadly, predictable.  This program cannot become bowl eligible again until it conquers the program titans of Northwestern, Minnesota, Illinois, and Purdue each and every year.  Had Coach Osborne gone 1-3 or 0-4 against the likes of Kansas, Missouri, Iowa State and Kansas State each year, he would not have lasted long.  

As I have said repeatedly, Coach Frost will get a 5th year so you should prepare for that reality (unless there is mutual agreement on resignation this season).  He will not be terminated.  With bowl eligibility now unlikely for a 5th consecutive season, AD Alberts will sit down with the Coach this offseason and establish metrics for performance next year (on a plan).  If those are not met, he will be terminated in November, 2022.  As simple as that.  

AD Alberts won't wait until the end of the season to discuss Frost's plan.  F ist and Alberts are already doing that 

• Fire 1
Just now, TheSker said:

AD Alberts won't wait until the end of the season to discuss Frost's plan.  F ist and Alberts are already doing that 

Honestly, the best outcome for all parties would be for Coach Frost and AD Alberts to reach a mutual separation agreement at the end of the season.  Coach can walk away with the respect and gratitude of a fanbase for his contributions and the University can pursue other options.

While we are more competitive, we should be at a point where we are seeing results in games against lesser opponents consistently.  The Northwestern game now looks like more of an aberration than part of a trend.   

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, thatguy said:

so... calling out incompetence and asking for excellence is now being miserable?

lol you must be fun to work with.

I'm a blast.  I don't complain about a bunch of stuff that's out of my control.  Losing sucks, get over it.  Is this a better team than anything Mike Riley ever fielded?  Debatable, but I'd but the 2021 team up against the 2016 team any day.  

We have a long LONG way to go for excellence.  And rotating coaches is the answer.  He gets a 5th year, that's just how it is.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, louisianared said:

I’m ok with him getting a 5th year.  

I think he has grown as a coach and has  make visible adjustments to the offense throughout this season. 

losses are never acceptable.  

provided we don’t fall apart and go 0-4 I’m ok with another year.  

If he is let go I would understand that as well. 

I would venture to say that we go 1-3 in the final 4 with our lone win coming against an underachieving Wisconsin team.  Interestingly enough, Wisconsin looks more like us this season than Badger teams of recent memory.  Fascinating how a team can completely scrap its' identity (devotion to run game) and crumble in games.  Does this sound familiar?

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Honestly, the best outcome for all parties would be for Coach Frost and AD Alberts to reach a mutual separation agreement at the end of the season.  Coach can walk away with the respect and gratitude of a fanbase for his contributions and the University can pursue other options.

While we are more competitive, we should be at a point where we are seeing results in games against lesser opponents consistently.  The Northwestern game now looks like more of an aberration than part of a trend.   

Games against lesser opponents are few and far between this season.

Games against greater opponents ha e been competitive.

And, the Nebraska brass likes Frost.

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm a blast.  I don't complain about a bunch of stuff that's out of my control.  Losing sucks, get over it.  Is this a better team than anything Mike Riley ever fielded?  Debatable, but I'd but the 2021 team up against the 2016 team any day.  

We have a long LONG way to go for excellence.  And rotating coaches is the answer.  He gets a 5th year, that's just how it is.

you sound miserable, by your own definition.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
20 minutes ago, TheSker said:

You don't have to be miserable.  It's a choice.

I like your posts though, so keep 'em coming 

And it's not that I disagree with you that Frost hasn't performed well.....it's that the decision makers have already said they like the progress and this season will not be judged on the W/L record.

Though I guarantee you Frost wants to win every one of them.

I want Frost to win the last 4, I want Frost to work out as bad as anyone in the fanbase but this season has been the show me year. It is year 4. I have no doubt that Frost wants to win. Why wouldnt he? I just dont think he has the chops which absolutely sucks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, TheSker said:

Games against lesser opponents are few and far between this season.

Games against greater opponents ha e been competitive.

And, the Nebraska brass likes Frost.

He will get a 5th year as a favored son should.  In terms of not having a schedule supportive of success, I might tend to disagree.  I am not quite prepared to elevate Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue and Northwestern perhaps to the degree that some might.  While Coach Fitzgerald has done a remarkable job with little in Evanston and Coach Fleck seems to be establishing an identity for sustained success in Minneapolis, I still find our underwhelming performances against these programs to be largely of our own making.  All 4 are winnable games year after year, and yet we find creative ways to lose several of these each season.

33 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

I sincerely hope that your optimism pays dividends in Year 5.  Based on your comments, it appears that Coach Frost's ardent supporters are quickly running out of rationale for staff retention beyond 2022. 

In terms of optimism, I am optimistic that this fan base will be respectful, kind and above all grateful to Coach Frost for his contributions to NU upon his departure next November.  

Nope I am bringing mustard bottles to throw on the field

18 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

He will get a 5th year as a favored son should.  In terms of not having a schedule supportive of success, I might tend to disagree.  I am not quite prepared to elevate Illinois, Minnesota, Purdue and Northwestern perhaps to the degree that some might.  While Coach Fitzgerald has done a remarkable job with little in Evanston and Coach Fleck seems to be establishing an identity for sustained success in Minneapolis, I still find our underwhelming performances against these programs to be largely of our own making.  All 4 are winnable games year after year, and yet we find creative ways to lose several of these each season.

Illinois was a bad loss.  No one is debating that.

We demolished Northwestern and haven't played Purdue yet.

The Minnesota game was frustrating,

I'm looking forward to our remainkng games.....and I'd really like it if we could get the right side of the OL figured out someday.

15 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Is that a real threat or did you just return home from the Tennessee / Ole Miss game over the weekend?  Better question, did the UT fans learn this behavior after watching Colorado home games?

maybe we can get half the stadium to bring sweet corn and the other half to bring salted butter and we can all throw it on the field.