I've seen enough.

BoSolich

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

maybe we can get half the stadium to bring sweet corn and the other half to bring salted butter and we can all throw it on the field. 

That is still a distant second to the Eagles.  No fanbase can demean opponents, or their own players for that matter, better than Philadelphia.  Throwing batteries and having a court inside the stadium to adjudicate criminal behavior at games will always reign supreme in this department.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, All Hail Herbie said:

That is still a distant second to the Eagles.  No fanbase can demean opponents, or their own players for that matter, better than Philadelphia.  Throwing batteries and having a court inside the stadium to adjudicate criminal behavior at games will always reign supreme in this department.

Nothing beats the waves you get when driving through philly. The middle finger is the state bird. My wife is from just over the bridge in Jersey haha I could never live in a place like philly. 

11 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Illinois was a bad loss.  No one is debating that.

We demolished Northwestern and haven't played Purdue yet.

The Minnesota game was frustrating,

I'm looking forward to our remainkng games.....and I'd really like it if we could get the right side of the OL figured out someday.

Sincerely, enjoy the games for what they are worth.  I was winterizing gardens on Saturday and had honestly forgotten that the Minnesota game was even on.  Stats and highlights are about all I could tolerate these days.  

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Nothing beats the waves you get when driving through philly. The middle finger is the state bird. My wife is from just over the bridge in Jersey haha I could never live in a place like philly. 

I used to fly in and out of Philadelphia all the time (with business in DE) and can confirm that.  Philly is also the only airport that I successfully ran through in under 5 minutes without shoes!  Made my flight to raucous applause by all the gate personnel!

1 minute ago, FTW said:

So you’re what is called “a fair weather fan.” Gotcha. Keep watering those plants of yours bud!

Basic Gardening Lesson #1 - Avoid watering or sprinkling plants during times of frost or freeze.  The result could be a pipe burst or blown gasket.  Come to think of it, a blown gasket is a perfect descriptor for those watching Husker Football these days.  

In terms of being fair weather, I know you can do better than that.  Now your title in reverse, that might stir me to the core!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Basic Gardening Lesson #1 - Avoid watering or sprinkling plants during times of frost or freeze.  The result could be a pipe burst or blown gasket.  Come to think of it, a blown gasket is a perfect descriptor for those watching Husker Football these days.  

In terms of being fair weather, I know you can do better than that.  Now your title in reverse, that might stir me to the core!!!

Then don’t watch. Simple as that. You are the prototypical fair weather fan. A glass half empty kind of guy. Nobody gives two s#!ts about what you do or don’t do on game day. Or your gardening. The fact that you rant when the program is in shambles tells us exactly what you are — a fair weather fan. I’m sure you keep your mouth shut like a good lil boy when we’re winning and ranked hmm? 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

32 minutes ago, FTW said:

Then don’t watch. Simple as that. You are the prototypical fair weather fan. A glass half empty kind of guy. Nobody gives two s#!ts about what you do or don’t do on game day. Or your gardening. The fact that you rant when the program is in shambles tells us exactly what you are — a fair weather fan. I’m sure you keep your mouth shut like a good lil boy when we’re winning and ranked hmm? 

I have not watched since CU (2018).  Incidentally, congrats to Mel Tucker on defeating Coach Frost while at both CU and MSU. Both schools got good value with their hire.

Thanks for responding as I know you do care.  I was moved when I read your insults.  I know they originate from a place of purity, a garden variety inferiority complex.

I knew I could incorporate your hatred of gardening into my response!  Be well my friend and use Xanax if necessary.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, All Hail Herbie said:

I have not watched since CU (2018).  Incidentally, congrats to Mel Tucker on defeating Coach Frost while at both CU and MSU. Both schools got good value with their hire.

Thanks for responding as I know you do care.  I was moved when I read your insults.  I know they originate from a place of purity, a garden variety inferiority complex.

I knew I could incorporate your hatred of gardening into my response!  Be well my friend and use Xanax if necessary.

Riiiight haha you are a keyboard warrior my friend. Go back to the garden now, shoo, shoo!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Here is part of the equation that no one is considering: At Nebraska, the AD is judged by the quality of the football head coach that he brings in.

Pederson and Eichorst were both let go for "a lack of success" (clearly talking football program). They were both hung by their choices of Football Head Coach.

At Nebraska, the AD's length of term is inextricably tied to the success of the Nebraska football head coach. 

Given that indisputable fact, why would a new AD want to come in and make a change immediately? Because the boosters want him to? Face it, Trev Alberts isn't just new to a job at this level, he's still getting the "lay of the land". Other than the power of being able to write a big check, does anyone really think he's ready to choose the coach that HIS legacy as AD will be judged by? No. He wants to put that day off as long as humanly possible. Every year he can justify putting it off, is another years salary in the bank. And, frankly, hopefully his list of possible candidates and backdoor communication channels can be established - putting him in a position to avoid the mistake that Pederson made - letting a coach go without having a solid plan for getting a QUALITY replacement. 

Similarly, a head coach is defined by his choice of QB. Frost has been loyal to only ONE (perhaps to a fault). I have the feeling that Adrian will be encouraged NOT to come back for another year, just because the fan base needs to see somebody new (just like we need to see changes at Assistant Coach). 

EDIT: Hilarious. I'm not a big Twitter guy but I go there just now and find this.

MpFIfJZ.png

1 hour ago, FTW said:

Riiiight haha you are a keyboard warrior my friend. Go back to the garden now, shoo, shoo!

Keyboard warrior indeed.  Brains over beauty.

Glad to see you have a good sense of humor.  

I left my physical garden earlier and am now in my virtual garden.  Here I cultivate a crop of realism and pragmatism amongst a disillusioned fanbase.  I will send the Webster's link for "disillusioned" tomorrow.