I've seen enough.

BoSolich

54 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

@Redux I hate to break it to you but the bad hires have been two in a row, with Frost being an awful one. It’s obvious at this point. He doesn’t go to a bowl game he is done. 

I think that’s a given. Other than Purdue, we realistically don’t have a good chance of going to a bowl but heck anything is possible I guess? 

8 hours ago, FTW said:

So you’re what is called “a fair weather fan.” Gotcha. Keep watering those plants of yours bud!

6 hours ago, All Hail Herbie said:

I have not watched since CU (2018).  Incidentally, congrats to Mel Tucker on defeating Coach Frost while at both CU and MSU. Both schools got good value with their hire.

Thanks for responding as I know you do care.  I was moved when I read your insults.  I know they originate from a place of purity, a garden variety inferiority complex.

I knew I could incorporate your hatred of gardening into my response!  Be well my friend and use Xanax if necessary.

We all get that tensions are a bit high and fans are a bit miserable right now, but personal attacks are against board rules.

Attack the post, not the poster.

18 hours ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Would any other coach get a 5th year after 4 losing seasons? If the answer to that is no, then Frost shouldn't either.

As bad as they were, at least Callahan and Riley had a few winning seasons between them. Let that sink in.

Would any coach get a 4th year after 3 losing seasons? 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I cannot wrap my head around losing to Illinois and Minny, but then looking valiant against ranked opponents. 

is he spending to much time prepping for teams we have little chance of winning and ignoring the games we should win? Is the 11:00 am start time in the road and the teams lack of preparation an the early start time? Which invalidates the noble OU effort.  Is it the weird weekly rotation of running backs and WR? Do we not have a base offense? Trickery and effort for the good teams and then lethargy for the week one.  Is this our offense? 

the answer is probably yes, but

the inconsistency is brutal. The answer must really most lie with the poor line play. 

17 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Lovie Smith got a two year extension while at Illinois (for recruiting purposes). 

So, I think I've got it wrong.  Frost got a 2-year extension on a 7-year contract.  So, he still had five [5] years on his deal when he got that extension, after going 8-14.

I'd be curious to see his [Lovie Smith] record and if it was the same or better.  Well, that is saying a lot ... to be hitting the lows of a program like Illinois.  For me, it would make sense for a program like Illinois to use a name like Lovie Smith to bolster recruiting stuff ... but with five years still on a contract ... it still baffles me to feel any need to extend Frost's contract.  I would have thought that at year 4-5 with two years left that it would be revisited.   If a coach was doing amazing things and was a hot commodity and you feared him leaving ... SURE.  But 8-14.  I still can't believe folks support that sort of stuff ... and then they say someone like me is not a true fan for saying that was just plain stupid.  Ha ha.