I've seen enough.

BoSolich

On 10/18/2021 at 7:37 AM, Redux said:

He will, and it is.  And it's also based off of reality.  We fire him now (unless he manages an 0-4 skid to end the year) and any potential candidates are going to scoff at the idea of coming here. 

You've had ample time and opportunity to explain how Frost deserves a 5th year, yet here you are still holding an empty bucket.

There's not a single coach on the planet who thinks "I won't take a job unless they let me have 5 losing seasons in a row".  Get a grip man. :lol:

If you take the job at Nebraska the worst that can happen is you'll fail and become rich beyond you're wildest dreams.  That's the worst case scenario.   Any claim that a coach wouldn't consider the job because we fired a coach after 4 disastrous seasons is preposterous.

• Plus1 4

On 10/18/2021 at 7:00 AM, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'm just concerned because a year 5 (if Frost doesn't get to 6-6 this year) is guaranteed to result in 2 more years. NU should be able to win 6 next year. Then we thump our chests and say one more year he's turning the corner only to fall to 4-8 the next year and the same result as we currently have except a year further removed from top 25 recruiting classes. 

6-6 in year 5 was not the goal anyone had in mind when Frost was hired.  It's astonishing how far expectations have fallen around here.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

6-6 in year 5 was not the goal anyone had in mind when Frost was hired.  It's astonishing how far expectations have fallen around here.

I also dont think our team will be as good next year unless we hit on a plethora of transfers that can replace guys like Jojo, Toure, Martinez if he doesnt come back etc. It is easier for a new coach to hit the portal because they can bring that level of excitement/change that gives you that recruiting bump. Mel Tucker had an easy proposition after year 1 to the portal. Does Frost in year 5 have the same pull? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I also dont think our team will be as good next year unless we hit on a plethora of transfers that can replace guys like Jojo, Toure, Martinez if he doesnt come back etc. It is easier for a new coach to hit the portal because they can bring that level of excitement/change that gives you that recruiting bump. Mel Tucker had an easy proposition after year 1 to the portal. Does Frost in year 5 have the same pull? 

Maybe.  Maybe SF can recruit great players.  But there's a growing perception that he cannot develop and play his recruits to the level of the B1G's best teams.  I subscribe to that perception, reluctantly, but in view of what we've seen for 40 games.  Close.  But not over the top Nebraska winning football.

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

You've had ample time and opportunity to explain how Frost deserves a 5th year, yet here you are still holding an empty bucket.

There's not a single coach on the planet who thinks "I won't take a job unless they let me have 5 losing seasons in a row".  Get a grip man. :lol:

If you take the job at Nebraska the worst that can happen is you'll fail and become rich beyond you're wildest dreams.  That's the worst case scenario.   Any claim that a coach wouldn't consider the job because we fired a coach after 4 disastrous seasons is preposterous.

He deserves a 5th year based off of how the team has played, even in defeat, this year.  I'm basing it solely off this season.  You don't have to agree, I'm not in the CHANG MUH MIND business.  Whether you or I think he deserves it or not is completely irrelevant, he's getting a 5th year barring an 0-4 skid to end the year.  You really think potential candidates aren't aware of how our coaching history has gone the last 20 years?  You're fooling yourself.  This place is looked at like a career killer with a nice payday.  Any talk of replacing him with 4 games left is preposterous.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 3
  • 2 weeks later...

On 10/22/2021 at 8:52 AM, Redux said:

He deserves a 5th year based off of how the team has played, even in defeat, this year.  I'm basing it solely off this season.  You don't have to agree, I'm not in the CHANG MUH MIND business.  Whether you or I think he deserves it or not is completely irrelevant, he's getting a 5th year barring an 0-4 skid to end the year.  You really think potential candidates aren't aware of how our coaching history has gone the last 20 years?  You're fooling yourself.  This place is looked at like a career killer with a nice payday.  Any talk of replacing him with 4 games left is preposterous.

"Even in defeat" isn't merit.   It's holding Frost to a much lower standard than you would hold anyone else because he's one of the good ol' boys.  Which was my point.

On 10/22/2021 at 8:52 AM, Redux said:

"He deserves a 5th year based off of how the team has played, even in defeat, this year."

I agree with you to an extent. My issue is that we haven't won most or all the games we should've. That's concerning. At the same time I think these things are fixable. Depending on the willingness and extent. I hear a lot of excuses in the comments instead of solutions sort of speak. These last games are going to be pretty significant depending on how it plays out. Beating Iowa and playing well in the other two not having huge blowouts is a whole lot different than three loses where one or two are glaring defeats. 

14 hours ago, M.A. said:

"He deserves a 5th year based off of how the team has played, even in defeat, this year."

I agree with you to an extent. My issue is that we haven't won most or all the games we should've. That's concerning. At the same time I think these things are fixable. Depending on the willingness and extent. I hear a lot of excuses in the comments instead of solutions sort of speak. These last games are going to be pretty significant depending on how it plays out. Beating Iowa and playing well in the other two not having huge blowouts is a whole lot different than three loses where one or two are glaring defeats. 

He did say barring an 0-4 finish which is pretty likely to occur now that we lost to Purdue. Iowa remains the best chance but we will be 3-8 by then and I can't imagine anyone is talking about anything but how hot Frost's seat is over the Thanksgiving table.

• 3 weeks later...

On 10/16/2021 at 5:44 PM, JJ Husker said:

Give it a rest. There are deeper and bigger problems than just Martinez. His errors just pop more because of when they happen but there are issues all over the field that contribute. It’s literally something or somebody on virtually every single play.

Apropos today.  Well said.

On 10/16/2021 at 3:55 PM, BoNeyard said:

To be fair, this team could've gone to a bowl game last year. They were offered, but they decided collectively, as a program, that spending two more weeks with each other was just simply too much. It had been a tough year and they were all ready to go home at that time. The culture has not changed one bit in Lincoln.

It was this decision that first disclosed to the entire country what a poser  Scott Frost is. Who gives up a bowl game and the additional practice time???