I've seen enough.

BoSolich

1 hour ago, ndobney said:

From Martinez maybe, but right now at least he can save a redshirt for Smothers. 

Give it a rest. There are deeper and bigger problems than just Martinez. His errors just pop more because of when they happen but there are issues all over the field that contribute. It’s literally something or somebody on virtually every single play.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Give it a rest. There are deeper and bigger problems than just Martinez. His errors just pop more because of when they happen but there are issues all over the field that contribute. It’s literally something or somebody on virtually every single play.

It is 100 percent on Martinez. Are you literally going to sit here and try to argue that every single player on this roster is a choke artist?

Come on man!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

But most of the program wanted to go bowling, and wanted to spend another two weeks together. That's all I corrected.

I don't know what actually happened, but if the minority ruled "no bowl" and HCSF allowed it, then it's pretty clear HCSF didn't want any part of a bowl either.  He must have been content with ending it with a road win against the perennial powerhouse Scarlet Knights.

• Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

Minnesota isn't exactly a scrub unit.  Their average linemen weighs over 300lbs I think they said.  And we're just now getting a BYE with 4 games left.  Let's not pretend that didn't play a factor today.

It's not an excuse, this should've been a win.  But that's why the Defense took a while to fire up.  They've had a good year really considering the strength of schedule.  Our Offense is fantastic.....if the O Line steps up.  Give us a couple JUCO guys to bolster that unit up in the off-season, please!  And a kicker....cripes.  That's inexcusable.  Missing short FG and XP.

But seriously, move on to who?  And wait ANOTHER 4 YEARS for a turnaround.  Based off the play of this team, record be damned, Scott Frost deserves another year.  Laugh if you want, but whoever we would have to settle for if we canned him now wouldn't be the answer.  Nick Saban isn't moving West.  Sleep on it folks.

I'm not asking for Nick Saban. Right now, I'm asking for a coach who can finish in the top half of the Big Ten. Frost is now 1-4 in the conference this year. Regardless of how the cross divisional schedule is made, Frost is now 6-15 against West Division opponents. That's terrible. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Do you believe any of those errors on AM are directly affected by the s#!tshow that is the 5 guys that lineup in front of him.  AM has warts no doubt, but those five guys and their coaching and development are probably a bigger issue IMO

No I don't cause I constantly see Adrian Martinez overcome those at all other times. Not once have I said Martinez doesn't have great skills. I said he is a choke artist cause when the moment gets big and the pressure is on it doesn't matter if the line is playing good or not Martinez that's what he does. Coaching has been fine we are competing against top five teams the problem has been when we get close Adrian chokes. A lot of national writers think Nebraska is getting close to breaking out, I would agree getting close to breaking out is due to the staff.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm not asking for Nick Saban. Right now, I'm asking for a coach who can finish in the top half of the Big Ten. Frost is now 1-4 in the conference this year. Regardless of how the cross divisional schedule is made, Frost is now 6-15 against West Division opponents. That's terrible. 

this is the big issue i have with Frost. Eventually his win-loss record has to count and its one of the worst the school has ever had. At this point Frost doesn't even have a signature win to point to and say look at how good this team actually is. His best games have been keeping it close but still losing.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

this is the big issue i have with Frost. Eventually his win-loss record has to count and its one of the worst the school has ever had. At this point Frost doesn't even have a signature win to point to and say look at how good this team actually is. His best games have been keeping it close but still losing.

Great point about the lack of a "signature win". We all kinda think Purdue is pretty lame, but they have 2 wins over #2 teams since 2018 (although Iowa was vastly overrated). People want to give Frost credit for playing those games close, but eventually those need to turn into wins. 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Great point about the lack of a "signature win". We all kinda think Purdue is pretty lame, but they have 2 wins over #2 teams since 2018 (although Iowa was vastly overrated). People want to give Frost credit for playing those games close, but eventually those need to turn into wins. 

If he just could beat teams like Illinois or Minnesota most of the time he would have made a bowl game by now. I wouldn't mind the melt downs vs Michigan and MSU if those same kind of mistakes didn't cost Nebraska wins against the bottom half of the conference. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

If he just could beat teams like Illinois or Minnesota most of the time he would have made a bowl game by now. I wouldn't mind the melt downs vs Michigan and MSU if those same kind of mistakes didn't cost Nebraska wins against the bottom half of the conference. 

You and I are on the same page. If Frost consistently beat the lower half of the Big Ten, then I would be willing to wait for the "signature win". Instead, Frost's teams have been THE LOWER LEVEL of the Big Ten. 

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

To be fair, this team could've gone to a bowl game last year. They were offered, but they decided collectively, as a program, that spending two more weeks with each other was just simply too much. It had been a tough year and they were all ready to go home at that time. The culture has not changed one bit in Lincoln.

Maybe that’s the issue. Perhaps a few players voted to not give a crap today? 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Redux said:

Minnesota isn't exactly a scrub unit.  Their average linemen weighs over 300lbs I think they said.  And we're just now getting a BYE with 4 games left.  Let's not pretend that didn't play a factor today.

It's not an excuse, this should've been a win.  But that's why the Defense took a while to fire up.  They've had a good year really considering the strength of schedule.  Our Offense is fantastic.....if the O Line steps up.  Give us a couple JUCO guys to bolster that unit up in the off-season, please!  And a kicker....cripes.  That's inexcusable.  Missing short FG and XP.

But seriously, move on to who?  And wait ANOTHER 4 YEARS for a turnaround.  Based off the play of this team, record be damned, Scott Frost deserves another year.  Laugh if you want, but whoever we would have to settle for if we canned him now wouldn't be the answer.  Nick Saban isn't moving West.  Sleep on it folks.

You're acting like people are reacting to this one game when the entire Frost era has been a complete disaster. 

He didn't deserve the last 2 years.  He only got them because he's a legend as a player.  Don't say he deserves a 5th.  You won't get away with it. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1