Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, jamesbond said:

Hey, I'm up to 60 now. I'm sure I've reached the 'have an opinion' level at this point!!

You can have an opinion don't know why you think you need my approval or comment on it. I am simply pointing out it's a little questionable actually quite a bit questionable that no one that ever had an opinion all of a sudden now has an opinion when the topic of firing a coach appears.

• Haha 1

Based on being Nebraska's native and prodigal son, no.  Based on his record and 4 years of the same issues yes.  BUT, I would give him the Solich option first.  With no negotiations, Held, Verduzco, Austin and Lubick gone.  IMHO, Frost needs guys who are proven winners, know the B1G or have a proven system that they can run in their sleep.  Frost, again, IMHO is in over his head and has no answers.  Tonight on the presser he talked about the guys were very businesslike.  Not hyped like the past few weeks.  Talked about this being the 8th straight week of games.  Unsure if he should be concerned or not......How as the HC, been with the guys for 4 years, with "your" guys you can't tell where they are at.  Maybe a more veteran staff would have adjusted practices this week or even leading up to this long season.  Maybe shorter practices.....  Also talked about not bringing the juice.  I first heard Dabo say this a few years ago.  BYOJ.  Bring Your Own Juice.  Kids have to get up for the game.  Dig deep to find it.  Frost truly seemed defeated.  beaten.  Tired.  And I can't blame him.  At this point, I am unsure if he even knows how to fix this.  

Frost also was asked about doing a QB sneak.  Said he'd watched all of Minnie's film and they covered that well.....Thought Yanimal would have scored.  Talked about penalties screwing up their play calls ie 3rd and 5 to 3rd and 10.  Again, wouldn't a more veteran staff have a game plan for down and distance and just roll right into it...Said they had called 1st and 2nd down because of a good run they wanted to use on 3rd.....So game planning to get a 3rd down.....Mentioned AM on the safety.  Talked about 3 missed receivers on that play....Again, he is your 4 year QB with the worthless Verduzco smoking cigars, making quips and stealing money from the university and improving nothing.....Talked about doing well when OL gives him time......Again, game plan to help them.  Roll out, keep a RB in to block, use 12/13 personnel to get beef on the field.  Like using Teddy as a TE against NW (maybe MSU).....

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

And this is the mantra that needs to go away.  

Christ again, fired guys with no ties to the program that had better records in the same time frame

I agree.  For me, that ship sailed.  It got him a pass, but it's been used up.  Other than "we are this close" where is the tangible articulable facts that were are actually turning the corner.  We are simply losing by less.....Thats still loosing.  Mathematically, I am unsure you can go 5-17 without trying.....How does that even happen.  I have posted this before, but there are 869 coaches through out history that have lost 10 or more 1 score games.  Last week Frost was 844th our of 869......He has a better one less than 25 coaches.....That's horrible.  And 99th in red zone (propped up by NW).....) OT wins.  0 points in OT AND 0first downs in OT.   Those are facts....I don't know how people can argue to keep the guy.

1 minute ago, CheeseHusker said:

I don't even care at this point, but if you're gonna drop the bomb, then make sure you find someone better and have them lined up. I don't want another Riley.

Riley was the "anti-Bo".  nothing more and nothing less. Had to google him and was then like WTH.......Frost was to be our home run hire.....To date, dude hasn't even gotten on base....No idea how you pick a home run hire.  Maybe look at only P5 guys....Guys with B1G ties ie OC/DC......I still like Chadwell.  He'd be a risk, but has rebuilt at 3 different programs.  Runs a scheme I love and something different than most places so we could recruit to a specific scheme....I also have no problem with our D.  The O (Frost's wheelhouse) is a complete sh!t show. 

• Plus1 1