Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, jamesbond said:

That's why I'm asking the question that got my hand slapped by a poster that refuses to answer the simple question. I don't want to hear the emotional stuff or the 'can't keep resetting' stuff. What has the man done? Someone please answer that. ND?????

Most of the time james people are fishing for trouble.  Trying to stir the pot, rile up the heard.  Its not uncommon, its not about having an opinion its about why did you wait so long to have one or not be vocal about one in the first place.  And they dont usually start a pole that has been beaten like a dead horse for around here for the past 3 years.

There is your answer

• Thanks 1

I usually just like to read what people have to say and maybe throw something out here and there, BUT this has gone on long enough. Frost is being paid a ton of money to get results. He is given everything he needs to succeed and yet he cannot even make a bowl game. I just want to hear the argument for why he should be kept on for another year. 

Not trying to rile anything up. Just would like to hear the argument.

2 minutes ago, jamesbond said:

I usually just like to read what people have to say and maybe throw something out here and there, BUT this has gone on long enough. Frost is being paid a ton of money to get results. He is given everything he needs to succeed and yet he cannot even make a bowl game. I just want to hear the argument for why he should be kept on for another year. 

Not trying to rile anything up. Just would like to hear the argument.

I've started some threads to bring it out from a multi page thread at times.  Try to get a specific subject talked about.   Mods can always merge.  Everyone has an opinion.  That's the beauty of the board.  A lot of posts(ers) have had me look at somethings differently.  Even changed my opinion or made me at least theirs. End of the day, the Huskers are our team.  Win, lose or draw I will be watching them and cheering them on.  No one here wants them to lose.  No one wants wanted) Frost to fail.....I am sure those who say he should be fired do not do it with the venom of wanting Riley fired.  It not personal.  Just professional.  The worst record since Bill Jennings, but I don't sense the vitriol towards him.....

If Frost is not willing to take a deep hard look at his coaching staff and make some changes which include getting seasoned OL, ST, and OC coaches and give up play calling since he obviously sucks at it then he needs to go and give someone else a chance to turn things around for this team. Every time the fan base believes we are starting to turn the corner and we are edging closer to being relevant, this Frost-coached team finds a way to b!^@hslap us back to the ugly reality. Many fans, myself included, have had enough of this never ending BS. Frost is running out of excuses. He has become like the boy who cried wolf.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

While I would give him 1 more year due to his contract and slight improvements, I worry that the culture of losing and not knowing how to win the close ones is too ingrained in the staff and players now that a big change might be needed.   Also, how do you keeping selling recruits on a losing program for this many seasons?

This is pretty much where I'm at. I don't think Frost is gone after this season, but it's a grim situation. The program is stuck in a perpetual losers purgatory.

I think Frost stays one more year because of the contract, but it's fairly uncommon to a see a head coach start off this poorly and turn it around before the timer runs out.

• Plus1 2
46 minutes ago, skers_bb said:

Without Scott there wouldn't be any wins this season. This team is still 60% Mike Riley :facepalm: and 40% trusting the plan. It's time players either shape up or ship out..

the roster is roughly 85% Frost players. that have come since he became coach. remember there was alot of turnover the first two years as he got his type of player here. the type of players that love the game, blah blah blah.

but if you want to be super critical all the players are his as he is the head coach.

4 games remaining so to early to make the decision imo.

Reasons to retain-

1. Nebraska is in the middle of playing the #1 most difficult schedule on college football and prior to last night had looked like the better team most of the season. 

2. There is obvious improvement to be seen over the past couple of years. 

3. Nebraska still has the opportunity for a winning record of the can win 3 of 4 trending and a bowl game.  

I think we retain Scott for another year unless the team quits on him to end the season.  If he loses the team, it's time.  Yesterday seemed like the start of that but maybe they were just really tired after playing 8 straight.  Idk

• Plus1 1

The stated reasons for releasing Frost are most often about his W vs L record here.  Then the "progress" is brought up, as stated by him and others. 

We're in a place now where the losses are adding up to absurd amounts;  he looks like a third rate nobody going by that W vs L record here, "progress" be damned. 

I wish there was an "undecided" choice so some of us could explain that we feel either way at times:  Keep him because maybe he's right about the progress and things will be good "next year."  Or release him because this is it.. this is honestly all he's got and he does not have the ability to compete in a conference like this one (I keep remembering that conversation between a couple of the hiring entities at Florida after they talked to him.. they were in agreement that he was "not ready for this level of coaching" or some such wording). 

I'm leaning more to the get him to hell out of here and get a coach experienced in big time conferences with a winning record and ready for us and the B1G championship run.

• Plus1 1