Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Whose gonna coach at LSU?! They just fired a Louisiana boy that won a title there, no one is gonna to want that job! (End Sarcasm)

We've become a bunch of defeatist. It's the saddest part of all of this. I'd rather go down swinging. Any coach we hire can get us to no bowl games in 4 years. Literally any HC at any level. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I would be willing to see Frost out as a coach here if he can make some staff changes and at least show that he knows things need to change in a major way.  I also definitely feel both he and Lubick shouldn't be calling plays for us like ever again.  The sad part is until it happens (staff changes) I don't see Frost firing any one of his guys.  Greg Austin's seat should be red hot and honestly so far anyway I think Held has been a joke of a running backs coach.

Something's got to give.  

33 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

i feel like trev will let the martinez/frost era play out for 1 more year unless the higher ups say a change needs to be made ASAP.

A year further removed from top 25 recruiting classes making the actual rebuild post Frost more difficult for the new guy. Way to go powers that be. 

• Plus1 2

21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just for the record, the past four seasons would land any P5 coach on the hot seat. This isn’t about Nebraska being too demanding.

Exactly. 

I do think the rest of the B1G has gotten better.  Indiana earned a ranking last year,  Purdue this year, MSU this year, Maryland and Rutgers are improving. 

Winning in the B1G is difficult. But Nebraska played a first half against Minnesota and seemed lifeless and shell shocked. It doesn't take half a decade to build a program willing to wake up and be ready for a conference game. 

This program is actively regressing and has been for years. For all the talk of progress, our best win is against a hapless Northwestern team. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Exactly. 

I do think the rest of the B1G has gotten better.  Indiana earned a ranking last year,  Purdue this year, MSU this year, Maryland and Rutgers are improving. 

Winning in the B1G is difficult. But Nebraska played a first half against Minnesota and seemed lifeless and shell shocked. It doesn't take half a decade to build a program willing to wake up and be ready for a conference game. 

This program is actively regressing and has been for years. For all the talk of progress, our best win is against a hapless Northwestern team. 

Our best win in the last 4 years is against what? A 7-6 Michigan state team in 2018? 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Just for the record, the past four seasons would land any P5 coach on the hot seat. This isn’t about Nebraska being too demanding.

I agree 100%. He gets preferential treatment because he is a “native son.” People need to look past that and see he’s a terrible head coach. You can’t sugar coat 3 losing seasons and a possible 4th. At the same time, let’s talk about the elephant in the room. Can DONU really afford to buyout his contract? Or is the NCAA investigation used as a termination with cause? IMO, this goes down only one way — in flames. What a massive conundrum for a once proud football program…

5 minutes ago, FTW said:

I agree 100%. He gets preferential treatment because he is a “native son.” People need to look past that and see he’s a terrible head coach. You can’t sugar coat 3 losing seasons and a possible 4th. At the same time, let’s talk about the elephant in the room. Can DONU really afford to buyout his contract? Or is the NCAA investigation used as a termination with cause? IMO, this goes down only one way — in flames. What a massive conundrum for a once proud football program…

We can easily afford his buyout. 

Obviously, our record is unacceptable. If Trev decides to make a change at the end of the year, I would understand and not argue. He dang well better be able to go get a really good coach and staff because that’s what it’s going to take to turn this mess around.  

However, if I’m Trev, I wait till the end of the season and have a meeting with Frost. Frost must come with a plan of what changes he’s willing to make to improve the program.  That would require major staff changes. And, I probably have a meeting with Frost now telling him he needs to be formulating a plan. 

Then, I decide if I’m willing to let him try with the changes.

And, if miraculously this team makes a bowl game, this meeting is done immediately after the regular season so that if a change is made, they can start looking for the replacement immediately. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Obviously, our record is unacceptable. If Trev decides to make a change at the end of the year, I would understand and not argue. He dang well better be able to go get a really good coach and staff because that’s what it’s going to take to turn this mess around.  

However, if I’m Trev, I wait till the end of the season and have a meeting with Frost. Frost must come with a plan of what changes he’s willing to make to improve the program.  That would require major staff changes. And, I probably have a meeting with Frost now telling him he needs to be formulating a plan. 

And, if miraculously this team makes a bowl game, this meeting is done immediately after the regular season so that if a change is made, they can start looking for the replacement immediately. 

Frost and Alberts meet every Sunday and are together a couple of times per week.

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don’t see SF agreeing to any ultimatum. I also don’t see how we allow him to coach another season should he have a losing season for a 4th straight year. He had his chance to make changes and he hitched his wagon to certain assistants and players.

He’s gonna go down with the ship, IMO. We can’t compare his situation to any other coach because any other coach who has 4 straight losing seasons is or has been FIRED.