Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, FTW said:

I don’t see SF agreeing to any ultimatum. I also don’t see how we allow him to coach another season should he have a losing season for a 4th straight year. He had his chance to make changes and he hitched his wagon to certain assistants and players.

He’s gonna go down with the ship, IMO. We can’t compare his situation to any other coach because any other coach who has 4 straight losing seasons is or has been FIRED.

Then so be it. And I’ll be excited for the next staff. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

And…..another thing. 

If Trev is satisfied with the changes and Frost gets another year, just making a bowl game isn’t enough with next years schedule. Now, if they get to 9 or 10 wins and we aren’t seeing the same old mistakes, he gets the to stay. If we get 6 wins and we are doing the same crap, we need a new head coach. 

Again, if Trev decides that change needs to be made this year, fine. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We are one of highest revenue generating athletic departments in the country. 

The bigger issue than the buyout is the names that would have to give Trev the go ahead.  Do you think they are ready or even close to ready?

And since Davison has been the key with the fundraising for the new complex, he is totally in tune with the donor base.

If Greene, Carter, Davison and Osborne all think it's time to move on, it will be done in the utmost way to protect Frost.

• Haha 1
Just now, TheSker said:

The bigger issue than the buyout is the names that would have to give Trev the go ahead.  Do you think they are ready or even close to ready?

And since Davison has been the key with the fundraising for the new complex, he is totally in tune with the donor base.

If Greene, Carter, Davison and Osborne all think it's time to move on, it will be done in the utmost way to protect Frost.

Why is Davison so important? Because he's Frosts buddy so they gave him the easy gig of getting husker fans to give them money for new facilities? We are one of only a few athletic departments in the country that don't carry any debt. We can afford to do whatever the hell we want. 

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Why is Davison so important? Because he's Frosts buddy so they gave him the easy gig of getting husker fans to give them money for new facilities? We are one of only a few athletic departments in the country that don't carry any debt. We can afford to do whatever the hell we want. 

I just said why Davison is so important.

And we can do whatever the hell we want.....and that's the point.

I think the authorized signers of the $20 million dollar check are in Frost's corner right now 

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And…..another thing. 

If Trev is satisfied with the changes and Frost gets another year, just making a bowl game isn’t enough with next years schedule. Now, if they get to 9 or 10 wins and we aren’t seeing the same old mistakes, he gets the to stay. If we get 6 wins and we are doing the same crap, we need a new head coach. 

Again, if Trev decides that change needs to be made this year, fine. 

The issues we see this year, we saw in year 1, 2, and 3.

Think about this carefully. If a coach is unable to see or address these glaring issues the first 4 years, making them change their staff is not going to fix the core issue. He should have saw to these changes YEARS ago.

One last thing. Do you trust a guy who decides to forego a dedicated special teams coach? 

Look at what happened. All of this special teams disaster...with the same kicker that was All Big 10 last year, is a self inflicted wound. It is gross incompetence.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I think the authorized signers of the $20 million dollar check are in Frost's corner right now 

Oh are they?

I will give you a little tip. They signed those checks then...and now they are seeing what they paid for.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I don't know or claim to have any inside (or outside) contacts with NU.  I do however feel comfortable w/human nature.  Regardless of their personal feelings, it all comes down to the almighty dollar.  Always has and always will.  If they look at the previous 3.5 seasons and see a diminishing return in revenue ie bowls, ticket sales, concessions, merch etc.....and factor "X" number of years of the same situation they might come to an economical decision.  They are beholding to the regents, investors, tax payers, donors etc.....Throw in the continued rumor of super conferences and they look at the viability of a losing NU being considered for one of these conferences. We are a fly over state, limited "tv's", baseball and volleyball are our premier sports (and don't generate a lot of $).  Do we make the cut being dead last in the West?  Are we really an attractive draw because of our recognition from almost 30 years ago?  It's about the Benjamin's baby.  Not how much they like and support Frost.  To keep their jobs, revenue etc they'll sell him and his contract down the river.....But that's just my jaded perspective..... 

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Kentmick said:

The issues we see this year, we saw in year 1, 2, and 3.

Think about this carefully. If a coach is unable to see or address these glaring issues the first 4 years, making them change their staff is not going to fix the core issue. He should have saw to these changes YEARS ago.

One last thing. Do you trust a guy who decides to forego a dedicated special teams coach? 

Look at what happened. All of this special teams disaster...with the same kicker that was All Big 10 last year, is a self inflicted wound. It is gross incompetence.

You obviously didn’t read my last sentence. 

And, do you realize there are successful coaches that don’t have a dedicated ST coach?

23 minutes ago, lo country said:

I don't know or claim to have any inside (or outside) contacts with NU.  I do however feel comfortable w/human nature.  Regardless of their personal feelings, it all comes down to the almighty dollar.  Always has and always will.  If they look at the previous 3.5 seasons and see a diminishing return in revenue ie bowls, ticket sales, concessions, merch etc.....and factor "X" number of years of the same situation they might come to an economical decision.  They are beholding to the regents, investors, tax payers, donors etc.....Throw in the continued rumor of super conferences and they look at the viability of a losing NU being considered for one of these conferences. We are a fly over state, limited "tv's", baseball and volleyball are our premier sports (and don't generate a lot of $).  Do we make the cut being dead last in the West?  Are we really an attractive draw because of our recognition from almost 30 years ago?  It's about the Benjamin's baby.  Not how much they like and support Frost.  To keep their jobs, revenue etc they'll sell him and his contract down the river.....But that's just my jaded perspective..... 

I love following your conversations with a guy that has no clue what he is talking about.  I thought we went over this last year buddy.