Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Redux said:

Minnesota, hell no, what was he supposed to do?  They were all over him.  Eat sack it's a safety.  Throw it away and hope someone is close.

Not panic, run backwards 5 yards and get a safety might be a good starting point for what he was supposed to do.  Maybe make a decision in the 3.5 seconds he was given or tuck and run forward.   You know, 1st or 2nd year starter kinda stuff 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm hoping Trev and Scott do meet informally and honestly.

I think this decision is going to hinge on Scott's attitude. If there is truth to the rumor that Frost and staff tended to saunter in  late, if Frost's typically terse and unsmiling on-camera personality is how he really feels, if he not-so-secretly wishes he'd stayed in Florida, and if he doesn't want any interference in how he chooses his staff, this experiment is over.

If Frost is simply frustrated by how close his team is to the success he envisions, if he's busting his a$$ to recruit a more complete roster, if he realizes he has to cut some people loose and re-asses priorities, and if your deep intel says the players genuinely have his back, let's run with Season Five and the perfectly reasonable expectation that it needs to be better than the previous four.

Would a one season grace period signal a lack of confidence?  Of course it would. Scott Frost would need to prove himself, knowing his job was on the line. Which it already is. And Trev would be putting out feelers across the coaching community, if he already isn't. Either way, the excuse bucket is empty and Scott has the chance to prove himself. 

I agree with all of this.  Completely 

I've only seen the coming in late stuff from Dumas' tweet....and it doesn't seem likely if it was during season because they practice early AM.

Regardless though, I think Alberts is exactly what Frost needed and I'm happy Alberts is very present 

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not panic, run backwards 5 yards and get a safety might be a good starting point for what he was supposed to do.  Maybe make a decision in the 3.5 seconds he was given or tuck and run forward.   You know, 1st or 2nd year starter kinda stuff 

They are backed up by the goal line, it's not like our guys didn't know they would be pressuring.  Come on

Again, please consider this.

If it takes 4 years for a coach to recognize the stagnation or regression of one area under an assistant coach, let alone multiple areas, should that man really be a HC? On top of that, do we honestly think Frost is going to make those changes or agree with them? He is going to need the AD to step in and force those changes.

Acknowledging Frost isn't the answer and knowing we gave 4 full years of losing seasons, a lot more than we have given any other coach, and a LOT more than any other blue blood program has ever given coach, doesn't mean Frost is a bad guy and we don't like him.

His status as a Husker Legend, a hard nosed player that helped win us a championship, will not change. It doesn't make us bad people nor fans to step back and say "I love the guy as a Husker, but it's time to try something else."

He has been given a longer leash than anyone we have all seen at a blue blood program. We have given him more of a chance out of respect for what he achieved as a player.

Finally, out of safety for future jobs, protecting his assistants who do not make nearly as much as him, I am starting to wonder if Frost even wants to be here anymore. I couldn't blame him if he doesn't. He would never admit it, but there is a lot of behavior there we have seen with other coaches who were mentally done.

At some point, if we really like Frost, we need to pull the cord as another year with 6 wins followed by more losing seasons is going to damage his reputation beyond repair and make it impossible for him to ever be a HC again at somewhere else.

If we really like Frost but he is mentally done and the losses, talking to the media, etc are causing him mental, emotional, and physical duress...why do we want to continue to do that to him?

Ask yourself, if we fired Frost, but Frost still wanted to be a HC, what AD in the top division would hire him and explain to the fans and boosters that it was a good idea?

I think we have to keep personal things aside and realize this is a business and a business decision will have to be made eventually. The fact that the same mistakes are being made now that we saw in year 1 tells me all I need to know what type of coach we have on our hands. We’ll be lucky to beat Purdue. After that, I don’t see them coming close to winning another game. 3-9 is a realistic situation here. Another 4th consecutive losing season around the corner? There is no way you can keep him and this staff after that!

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

It's premature to fire him now.  We have to let the rest of the season play out.  If we go O fer the rest of the season, I would say there needs to be some serious talks and conditions set going into 2022.  If we only win one or two games the rest of the way, then conditions need to be set for 2022.  If we win out, leave him be. 

14 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

It's premature to fire him now.  We have to let the rest of the season play out.  If we go O fer the rest of the season, I would say there needs to be some serious talks and conditions set going into 2022.  If we only win one or two games the rest of the way, then conditions need to be set for 2022.  If we win out, leave him be. 

You're saying if we lose out the rest of the way, he should still get the opportunity to make coaching changes?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, junior4949 said:

I would venture to guess if we lose out the rest of the way there will be assistant coaching changes.  Whether he gets to make them remains to be seen.  The only scenario I see with Frost not being the head coach next year is if he resigns.  

At minimum assistant coaches changes HAVE to made.

If it’s status quo after the season then Alberts needs looked at.

Fire him? Ah, hell no!.  Who you gon hire, dirk fickell from ohio?

He stays, and we just got to hang in there.  Be patient.  Stay strong.  It will get better. 

And that dude from Coastal is doing SO well, because his toughest opponent is Applachain state.  wOW. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, pretty much 99% of the fan base wanted Frost.  Which makes it hard to not want him now.

We would all rather him just be awesome at winning.  Even if he was getting us the Bo standard we would all be in love.

But it is not happening and it is clear that it should be happening.  

We don't "want" a change, we just know it is for the best.