Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So, pretty much 99% of the fan base wanted Frost.  Which makes it hard to not want him now.

We would all rather him just be awesome at winning.  Even if he was getting us the Bo standard we would all be in love.

But it is not happening and it is clear that it should be happening.  

We don't "want" a change, we just know it is for the best.  

Yes its like voting for a candidate that you felt would be great. When the data shows the candidate is not getting the job done he or she was elected to do, it is hard to admit you were wrong.

I think the same applies here. Nearly all Husker fans were excited about Frost and felt he was the one to turn the program around.  I know I felt he was going to be able to do it. But unfortunately he has not, and it saddens me, but I also believe the program is about more than one person/coach and we must ignore any personal feelings we have toward Frost and make the best business decision for the program.

• Plus1 1

And it begins. How many more will follow?   Yes, de-commitments happen every year.  This is however a 3 star player not 4 or 5 star player who can pick practically any school they want.     Perhaps the writing is on the wall and recruits are beginning to read it - Year 4 - cannot sell the UCF vision anymore.  The on field results are reflective of the quality of coaching. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

And it begins. How many more will follow?   Yes, de-commitments happen every year.  This is however a 3 star player not 4 or 5 star player who can pick practically any school they want.     Perhaps the writing is on the wall and recruits are beginning to read it - Year 4 - cannot sell the UCF vision anymore.  The on field results are reflective of the quality of coaching. 

That is just recruiting. There very well could be a lot of players, who could start on quality teams, who say "goodbye"

That scenario plus the bottoming out of recruiting makes keeping Frost a huge gamble. 

At this point, I believe it is a much bigger gamble to keep him than hire a competent coach. The stakes are just too high.

• Plus1 2
On 10/18/2021 at 7:00 AM, BigRedBuster said:

If you’re not going to expect more, why make a change?

I expect more.  It just doesn't make sense to invent oddly specific requirements nobody will be able to meet, then use that as justification to keep the current guy, who also isn't meeting them.

We should absolutely expect more, as far as wins are concerned. 

Should Frost be fired? Yes. Every measurable metric and stat screams yes, absolutely.

Do I want Frost fired? Not really. I like the guy and think he is trying his level best. There may very well be better coaches out there but not one of them would care as much for this program. It would be worth another couple more subpar seasons to see if he can finally deliver. Unlikely at this point but WTF. That’s my two cents.

Is this message board a dumpster fire right now? Yes, yes it is. When the usual, casual, infrequent b!^@hing and moaning turns into a bunch of individual crusades it becomes really unappealing and unpleasant.

• Plus1 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Should Frost be fired? Yes. Every measurable metric and stat screams yes, absolutely.

Do I want Frost fired? Not really. I like the guy and think he is trying his level best. There may very well be better coaches out there but not one of them would care as much for this program. It would be worth another couple more subpar seasons to see if he can finally deliver. Unlikely at this point but WTF. That’s my two cents.

Is this message board a dumpster fire right now? Yes, yes it is. When the usual, casual, infrequent b!^@hing and moaning turns into a bunch of individual crusades it becomes really unappealing and unpleasant.

you're welcome 

• Haha 2

One if the biggest issues fans had with reily besides the weekly a$$ whoopins was the culture he built or lack there of. In year 4 of Frost against a team who kicked your a$$ in year 2 and down 30 players beat you in year 3 you have players showing up late before the game and playing flat the 1st half. It would be one thing if players were pulling this crap in year 1 of a new coach but in year 4 they are doing it because they know they will get away with it. That's the culture Frost has built. What makes people think things will just click and next year will be better. He is what his record is.

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Do I want Frost fired? Not really.

I've found myself not wanting to say to anybody, "Yes, replace him."  All the while knowing, or feeling like I know, as you say, that he SHOULD be fired.  But not for the same reasons, mine being that he's visibly going by a different cultural dynamic that the coaches preceding him going back to Solich were going by.  I like that effort he's making (or seems to be making, I could be wrong about that whole thing).

58 minutes ago, hagg said:

I've found myself not wanting to say to anybody, "Yes, replace him."  All the while knowing, or feeling like I know, as you say, that he SHOULD be fired.  But not for the same reasons, mine being that he's visibly going by a different cultural dynamic that the coaches preceding him going back to Solich were going by.  I like that effort he's making (or seems to be making, I could be wrong about that whole thing).

I assume the older generation of coaches was hands off with this culture thing. But that was when guys could be “corrected” by their older teammates. 

And I could be wrong too, but Frost seems so stubborn on this culture thing that if a player doesn’t fit perfectly in his culture box then on a milk carton he goes.  

But I thought we were culturally trending in a good direction. I really like this team. I think we are athletically as good as almost anyone, but the inconsistency is killing me. 

• Plus1 2