Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We disagree on practically everything but I appreciate that we can have a sense of humor about it all ha. 

We've agreed about most things over the years.

This one we may not agree on, but it's all good.

Have always appreciated your wit and other nonsense.

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2021 at 9:13 AM, TGHusker said:

And it begins. How many more will follow?   Yes, de-commitments happen every year.  This is however a 3 star player not 4 or 5 star player who can pick practically any school they want.     Perhaps the writing is on the wall and recruits are beginning to read it - Year 4 - cannot sell the UCF vision anymore.  The on field results are reflective of the quality of coaching. 

Nebraska actually decided to pass on this kid.  He is trending down during his senior season.  He didn't gain the anticipated size and his play has just been "ok" this year.  

Regarding recruiting, I think people are making way too big of a deal about this class.  It is going to be a very small class so there really is no way to be ranked highly.  Our coaches are travelling to recruit this week for the first time in 2 years.  It was bound to be a class that came together late.  I think the quality of recruits we get will really be decided by the on field performance over the next 4 to maybe 5 games.    

• Plus1 2
35 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Nebraska actually decided to pass on this kid.  He is trending down during his senior season.  He didn't gain the anticipated size and his play has just been "ok" this year.  

Regarding recruiting, I think people are making way too big of a deal about this class.  It is going to be a very small class so there really is no way to be ranked highly.  Our coaches are travelling to recruit this week for the first time in 2 years.  It was bound to be a class that came together late.  I think the quality of recruits we get will really be decided by the on field performance over the next 4 to maybe 5 games.    

I agree.

I am seeing people on Twitter say Frost needs 2 more years because of how terrible Mike Riley was at ruining the program....He literally won 9 games in year 2 and then had a collapse in year 3. Callahan had a meltdown in his final year but 1st time HC Bo didnt have a problem getting to 9 wins. But Frost, he needs 6 years to fix Nebraska even though no other coach in the history of college football needed that long. People need to stop blaming Riley in year 4. It has been far too long. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am seeing people on Twitter say Frost needs 2 more years because of how terrible Mike Riley was at ruining the program....He literally won 9 games in year 2 and then had a collapse in year 3. Callahan had a meltdown in his final year but 1st time HC Bo didnt have a problem getting to 9 wins. But Frost, he needs 6 years to fix Nebraska even though no other coach in the history of college football needed that long. People need to stop blaming Riley in year 4. It has been far too long. 

Why don't you respond to those people on Twitter then? 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3

8 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Frost stated yesterday they are going to recruit more immediate impact guys for this class. Me thinks he's for sure back next year.

They have the money lined up to buy him out.

Frost has to win some games to return. He has no one else to blame but himself for being in this situation.

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2021 at 9:20 AM, Hedley Lamarr said:

Do you think the top coaches in football wait for their AD to tell them they need to upgrade spots on their team? 

Just now reading through this whole thread.

It does deserve to be pointed out that Frost did fire two of his guys after year 2. So it's not like he doesn't have the b***s to fire people. And I really doubt it was Moos that tipped Frost off that Walters & Dewitt were dead weight.

The big questions heading into next season are:

1. Can Greg Austin do better than what he's brought to the table the last two years?

2. Will special teams be completely sorted out by game 1 of next year?

I think Lubick is doing just fine, and Chinander is also doing just fine. We're doing well at tight end & receivers, also.

The coaching question marks are really the two main points above, IMO.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Undone said:

Just now reading through this whole thread.

It does deserve to be pointed out that Frost did fire two of his guys after year 2. So it's not like he doesn't have the b***s to fire people.

The big questions heading into next season are:

1. Can Greg Austin do better than what he's brought to the table the last two years?

2. Will special teams be completely sorted out by game 1 of next year?

I think Lubick is doing just fine, and Chinander is also doing just fine. We're doing well at tight end & receivers, also.

The coaching question marks are really the two main points above, IMO.

Who did he replace those coaches with? A banker, who appears to be ok. Can't say much more because we don't actually know if he calls plays or what other than coaching WRs. Then he replaced DeWitt with a coach who was on the staff already. Was an upgrade buuuut I feel like we need some fresh blood injected dont you? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1