Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

There are only so many arguments to both sides...  regardless of anyone's opinions, it is pretty obvious Scott is coaching for his job the remainder of this season.  I believe this thread has run it's course until we see more on the field.     

record player GIF

I hope Trev shares your views that how we finish should determine Scott's fate. I was a bit concerned when he commented that he wanted to start anew and ignore the prior 3 seasons. If the team finishes 3-1 or 4-0 he will keep his job. If the team finishes 1-3 or 0-4 he should be dismissed. If they finish 2-2 I am guessing Trev will retain Frost though I would make a different decision.

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

There are only so many arguments to both sides...  regardless of anyone's opinions, it is pretty obvious Scott is coaching for his job the remainder of this season.  I believe this thread has run it's course until we see more on the field.     

record player GIF

I don't think he is coaching for his job at all.  I really don't.  I think they give him through next year at a minimum.  I've moved on from Scott at this point ... but it would not surprise me to see an extension at this point.  I would lean more to that happening at the end of the season then to a possible firing.  PERISH THE THOUGHT!

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I don't think he is coaching for his job at all.  I really don't.  I think they give him through next year at a minimum.  I've moved on from Scott at this point ... but it would not surprise me to see an extension at this point.  I would lean more to that happening at the end of the season then to a possible firing.  PERISH THE THOUGHT!

Yes, he should be so handsomely rewarded with a contract extension and then next year, we fire him. Haven’t we seen this movie before? Get a grip. He has done absolutely nothing to earn an extension! He is very much coaching for his job. His demeanor says it along with his body language.

He knows his fate may be sealed sooner rather than later. I think if we lose to Purdue, that will be his final game as HC and Chinander will be made interim for the rest of the season. If Trev doesn’t have a shortlist in his drawer now, he better. In the end, I think he will do what is necessary for the sake of the football program, not for Scott Frost.

2 minutes ago, FTW said:

Yes, he should be so handsomely rewarded with a contract extension and then next year, we fire him. Haven’t we seen this movie before? Get a grip. He has done absolutely nothing to earn an extension! He is very much coaching for his job. His demeanor says it along with his body language.

He knows his fate may be sealed sooner rather than later. I think if we lose to Purdue, that will be his final game as HC and Chinander will be made interim for the rest of the season. If Trev doesn’t have a shortlist in his drawer now, he better. In the end, I think he will do what is necessary for the sake of the football program, not for Scott Frost.

I am in your corner.  With the comments about playing an injured QB (in a must win game), his peer comparison, his inability win close games, red zone percentage etc....This has been his body of work for 3+ years.  Its not a 1 or 2 season multi game snapshot...It's 4 years. Same presser....Now saying we need 1 more inch.....His entire O staff is ridiculous save Beckton....No depth....No development....No answer....And Frost is the O guru....Unless we go bowling (and even then an O over haul) to include staff and scheme....he needs to be gone.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, FTW said:

Could happen.

Though Trev has said pretty much the opposite.

I'm sure Trev, who is fundraising on a 150 million dollar facility AND trying to plan a stadium re-vamp, has big time boosters wanting Frost fired and others wanting Frost to be on the sidelines next season (much like this board). Talk about a job I wouldn't want right now. I think Trev's safest move is to bring Frost back, and promise if a corner isn't turned in one calendar year from today - then they can have their pound of flesh. Just trying to picture myself in his shoes. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, lo country said:

I am in your corner.  With the comments about playing an injured QB (in a must win game), his peer comparison, his inability win close games, red zone percentage etc....This has been his body of work for 3+ years.  Its not a 1 or 2 season multi game snapshot...It's 4 years. Same presser....Now saying we need 1 more inch.....His entire O staff is ridiculous save Beckton....No depth....No development....No answer....And Frost is the O guru....Unless we go bowling (and even then an O over haul) to include staff and scheme....he needs to be gone.

Yeah, a good coach will recognize problems amongst his constituents early on, a bad coach recognizes them when it’s too late. A lot of people think Trev is just going to hold Scott’s hand like it’s OJT. We were right to hire SF at the time but we got a raw deal. He’s worse than we ever imagined.

What fan would’ve thought that Callahan/Riley would have a better record than Scott? This whole “he needs more time,” is hogwash. 3 losing seasons and a possible 4th isn’t enough to tell you that we’ve got a mediocre head coach on our hands???

If we let this continue we may never recover. They’ve got to find somebody (once again) because that’s what blue blood programs do, until you get it right. I hope our AD understands this.

• Plus1 1

I want to believe in Frost; I really do. I'd like to believe that he can stay for another season, and make some staff changes, and perhaps things will turn for the better. But it's a tough predicament, because it's hard for a coach on the hot seat to find quality coordinators. For that reason, if we finish with 4 (or less) wins again, I say you've gotta reach out to Chadwell (and Petersen), and if either is interested, you have to pull the trigger.

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'm sure Trev, who is fundraising on a 150 million dollar facility AND trying to plan a stadium re-vamp, has big time boosters wanting Frost fired and others wanting Frost to be on the sidelines next season (much like this board). Talk about a job I wouldn't want right now. I think Trev's safest move is to bring Frost back, and promise if a corner isn't turned in one calendar year from today - then they can have their pound of flesh. Just trying to picture myself in his shoes. 

If I were in his shoes, he would’ve been gone right after the Illinois game. That was enough for me. After that game, I completely lost all faith in SF.

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, FTW said:

If I were in his shoes, he would’ve been gone right after the Illinois game. That was enough for me. After that game, I completely lost all faith in SF.

Can't fire someone unless you have his replacement 100% on board. We learned our lesson from the Houston Nutt debacle. If we DO keep Frost another year, that tells me that none of Trev's targets were interested.

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Can't fire someone unless you have his replacement 100% on board. We learned our lesson from the Houston Nutt debacle. If we DO keep Frost another year, that tells me that none of Trev's targets were interested.

The Houston Nutt stuff is all conjecture. I don’t believe Pederson or Eichorst had a short list because both Solich/Pelini were forced out unceremoniously. I suspect Trev does have a shortlist. He doesn’t strike me as a guy that is unprepared for change.

6 minutes ago, FTW said:

The Houston Nutt stuff is all conjecture. I don’t believe Pederson or Eichorst had a short list because both Solich/Pelini were forced out unceremoniously. I suspect Trev does have a shortlist. He doesn’t strike me as a guy that is unprepared for change.

I'd think any AD coming into a questionable situation would have a short list prior to coming...