Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree. Rarely does an AD get dismissed (like in the case of Moos) unless there is a need to right the ship in the most profitable sport (football). 

Same.  Unless you are hiring to replace an AD who chose to move on, the guy hired when one is fired/let go is brought in to "fix" something.  Now fixing doesn't mean fired, at least at the start of this season, but I feel confident that Trev didn't come in naively.  This isn't his first rodeo.  I am grateful for that.  He's  in a tough spot.  Keep the staff as is, keep Frost with staff changes (who do hire with potential dead man walking coach) or fire Frost....

3 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'm sure Trev, who is fundraising on a 150 million dollar facility AND trying to plan a stadium re-vamp, has big time boosters wanting Frost fired and others wanting Frost to be on the sidelines next season (much like this board). Talk about a job I wouldn't want right now. I think Trev's safest move is to bring Frost back, and promise if a corner isn't turned in one calendar year from today - then they can have their pound of flesh. Just trying to picture myself in his shoes. 

I think this is the best I have heard it described.  Trev is in a tough spot and you are likely correct with the direction he will go.

• Plus1 1

My guess is that Frost can still either save or hang himself this season. Surprise with three wins he stays. Disappoint with zero or one he's done. Two wins and things get iffy, if the losses are fairly competitive I think Frost stays as long as he's putting his big boy pants on and making significant changes. 

Looks like coolers heads are starting going to prevail as more than 55% of the vote is for not firing Frost as it should be. There is definitely a group of people that just overreact to everything and just come on to the message boards to cry and rant. Nice to see a strong majority can think for themselves and be influenced by these individuals. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
8 hours ago, ndobney said:

Looks like coolers heads are starting going to prevail as more than 55% of the vote is for not firing Frost as it should be. There is definitely a group of people that just overreact to everything and just come on to the message boards to cry and rant. Nice to see a strong majority can think for themselves and be influenced by these individuals. 

Seems a little presumptuous to assume that anyone questioning whether Frost should stay or go obviously is overreacting. Also a little presumptuous to assume there is a correct answer to this question.

It actually seems that the most emotional have been the ones who won't consider replacing Frost.

Fortunately, nobody cares what any of us on a message board think!

• Plus1 6
11 hours ago, ndobney said:

facepalm-really.gif

So 165 total votes on one message board that is at 56.4/43.6 tells the story of what is or isn’t going to happen? 21, a strong majority? As Joe B would say, c’mon man.

Whatever happens is not going to be reliant on this poll whatsoever. Some think he should be given more time, some think he should be gone, some would’ve got rid of him a year ago and some never would. It’s just people’s opinions man. Some are knee jerk and some aren’t thought through enough. There’s no right or wrong.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

11 hours ago, ndobney said:

Clearly overreacting…ah yes.

Frost most talented team (he said it & we all agree) in year four and they’re sitting at 3-5, got beat by the worst team in the B1G, can’t get up for games and will be lucky to win 1 more game. Clearly we’re overreacting 

• Plus1 4
13 hours ago, ndobney said:

Do you honestly believe people thinking for themselves can't arrive at a variety of conclusions? 

45% is a pretty large number. No doubt a lot of the 55% remain concerned. I'm among the latter.

Some people claim they've seen all they need to see. Most still have questions that may or may not be answered in the next four games. Won't know who's right for awhile, if ever. 

I'd say it's been a pretty valid discussion all around. 

If we took a poll about whether ndobney adds to or detracts from every discussion, you might not like those numbers. 

• Thanks 5
5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Do you honestly believe people thinking for themselves can't arrive at a variety of conclusions? 

45% is a pretty large number. No doubt a lot of the 55% remain concerned. I'm among the latter.

Some people claim they've seen all they need to see. Most still have questions that may or may not be answered in the next four games. Won't know who's right for awhile, if ever. 

I'd say it's been a pretty valid discussion all around. 

If we took a poll about whether ndobney adds to or detracts from every discussion, you might not like those numbers. 

I am sure cooler heads would prevail in the ndobney poll. 

• Haha 6
15 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

We're staring at a distinct possibility of a 3-9 or 4-8 season which will make our 4th losing season in a row and folks are just over reacting to this by calling for the coaches head.

There is also the "distinct" possibility of 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5.  That's the point those of us pumping the brakes are saying.  It is an overreaction at this point in the season because the reality is Nebraska and Frost still have a fighting chance to have a winning record this year.  If that happens, we would have significant momentum going into the offseason and all the fire Frost talk would be gone for at least 12 months.  While I am skeptical they can pull it off, I'm going to watch with excitement and hope.  If they happen to finish 3-9, or 4-8, I would be in favor of a coaching change.  Guessing much of Husker Nation would feel the same.  

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

There is also the "distinct" possibility of 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5.  That's the point those of us pumping the brakes are saying.  It is an overreaction at this point in the season because the reality is Nebraska and Frost still have a fighting chance to have a winning record this year.  If that happens, we would have significant momentum going into the offseason and all the fire Frost talk would be gone for at least 12 months.  While I am skeptical they can pull it off, I'm going to watch with excitement and hope.  If they happen to finish 3-9, or 4-8, I would be in favor of a coaching change.  Guessing much of Husker Nation would feel the same.  

Can we all be honest that their is in fact no distinct possibility of 7-5. If you were to rank the most likely outcomes over the next 4 weeks I would imagine you would have the largest group guessing 1-3 or 2-2 a smaller group saying 3-1 and practically no people saying 4-0. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1