Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Can we all be honest that their is in fact no distinct possibility of 7-5. If you were to rank the most likely outcomes over the next 4 weeks I would imagine you would have the largest group guessing 1-3 or 2-2 a smaller group saying 3-1 and practically no people saying 4-0. 

Nah, we winning out. You'll see.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

40 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If we took a poll about whether ndobney adds to or detracts from every discussion, you might not like those numbers. 

35 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am sure cooler heads would prevail in the ndobney poll. 

I was thinking about starting a poll asking if Martinez is the major contributing factor to all our woes (as ndobney has claimed repeatedly). I guess that would settle the issue. As soon as that sucker breaks 50% to the No side, I’ll claim a clear cut victory and attribute it to cooler heads.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
45 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Can we all be honest that their is in fact no distinct possibility of 7-5. If you were to rank the most likely outcomes over the next 4 weeks I would imagine you would have the largest group guessing 1-3 or 2-2 a smaller group saying 3-1 and practically no people saying 4-0. 

It is a good thing opinions don't control outcomes.  While it remains possible, I will hope for it.  I'm not predicting 4-0 but stranger things have happened and it would sure make for some great excitement for the program.  Hell of a lot better than thinking about the possibility of a coaching search... yuck.  

Speaking of that, great article about one search from the past that started this tailspin we have been in... https://theathletic.com/?p=2885515&article_source=search&search_query=nebraska

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Who would you have wanted to take over at the time. 

Honestly Pelini probably would have done pretty well- and he wouldn't have had a chip on his shoulder.  He wasn't ready but once candidates 1-6 turned us down, he probably should have been given a shot.

50 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

Agreed.

When Osborne retired he should not have been able to name his replacement since he was no longer an employee of the University. And it wasn't his place to do so before stepping down and in naming his own successor he overstepped the bounds of his authority.

TBF, at that point in time TO had no bounds and he was the program. Only in hindsight can we say that maybe Frank wasn’t the best choice. But at the time TO wanted to assure program continuity and had the authority and credibility to name his successor. Anybody who would’ve claimed otherwise in 1997 would’ve been labeled a raving lunatic.

• Thanks 2

Two of Frank Solich's seasons were below Husker standards at the time.

Three of Frank Solich's seasons would have ranked in the Top 10 of Tom Osborne's career. 

Just to be clear. 

Recruiting. Coeds. Alcohol. New AD looking to modernize. Take your pick. But Frank did some good coaching with relatively modest Husker rosters. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Two of Frank Solich's seasons were below Husker standards at the time.

Three of Frank Solich's seasons would have ranked in the Top 10 of Tom Osborne's career. 

Just to be clear. 

Recruiting. Coeds. Alcohol. New AD looking to modernize. Take your pick. But Frank did some good coaching with relatively modest Husker rosters. 

He beat the teams of lesser talent. When I look at his losses. Early on, we may have had more raw talent and lost to more experienced teams but we took care of business. The issue was our talent graduated for the most part after 2001. We didn't have the coaching to coach around our lack of talent. 

It sure was nice beating the teams we were supposed to beat.

• Plus1 1