Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, skers_bb said:

Without Scott there wouldn't be any wins this season. This team is still 60% Mike Riley :facepalm: and 40% trusting the plan. It's time players either shape up or ship out..

Can you show me which 60% is Riley? I have a few Riley names for you. Ben Stille, Jojo Domann, Marquel Dismuke, Matt Sichterman. The rest is all Frost. 

• Plus1 3

You all realize our next hire will win 80% of their games right? We are in the Bill Jennings phase right now. 

Bill Jennings 15-34-1 (31%)

Bob Devaney 101-20-2 (82.9%)

Tom Osborne 255-49-3 (83.6%)

Frank Solich 58-19 (75.3%)

Bill Callahan 27-22 (55.1%)

Bo Pelini 67-27 (71.3%)

Mike Riley 19-19 (50%)

Scott Frost 15-25 (37.5%)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kentmick said:

I've lurked here for I wanna say over 2 years?

I just see a lot of talk one way and the other and wanted to see what the real numbers were. If I could have turned off the comments, I would have.

Where's the fun in that, though?

Also, he should get one more year, under the caveat that he makes substantial staff changes across the board. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

Where's the fun in that, though?

Also, he should get one more year, under the caveat that he makes substantial staff changes across the board. 

Shouldnt that have been done after his third consecutive losing season? I mean goodness guys most of us set a bar for YEAR FOUR at 6 wins. 6 freaking wins. We play in a division that we have more resources etc than every damn team in our division. If by year 4 Frost cant get us winning in this division he isnt going to get us winning in this division let alone compete for any kind of hardware. 

• Fire 1

My answer is the same as last week when folks were so sure Frost was getting it done, let's see how the season plays out. My take is if at the end of this all we can say is that in four seasons we've just managed to be a more competitive losing team that isn't enough. Real progress would be beating the mediocre or worse teams fairly consistently and playing the quality teams close. Are we really better than we were in the second-half of year-one? That team went toe-to-toe with Iowa(only time AM scored on our last drive) and OSU. Beat Minn, MSU, and Illinois. 

7 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Shouldnt that have been done after his third consecutive losing season? I mean goodness guys most of us set a bar for YEAR FOUR at 6 wins. 6 freaking wins. We play in a division that we have more resources etc than every damn team in our division. If by year 4 Frost cant get us winning in this division he isnt going to get us winning in this division let alone compete for any kind of hardware. 

We had as hands-off of an AD as possible before; I don't think Trev is going to give Scott that long of a leash. 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

We had as hands-off of an AD as possible before; I don't think Trev is going to give Scott that long of a leash. 

A short time ago one of the local writers stated that TA and SF "spend a lot of time together, usually on Sunday because SF has to settle down after the game."  Perhaps it was a quote from one of them.. not sure.

I was flummoxed/puzzled by that notion of the AD and the HC seeing each other every week the day after the game, and putting that together with what the HC has produced here at Nebraska.  I'm imagining any of the bosses I've had in my long life of a few trades seeing me each week privately and me not working to produce the very best that the boss wants.  I am hard pressed to see Scott Frost walking away from those meetings wanting to keep that job for anything other than the huge salary at this point. 

3 minutes ago, hagg said:

I cannot see Scott Frost walking away from those meetings wanting to keep that job for anything other than the huge salary at this point. 

What does this mean?  He has a meeting with his boss and walks away only wanting to cash a paycheck?  What are you saying is going on in those meetings that demoralizes a guy so much he'd give up all pride and just go through the motions?  

• Plus1 2

Scott has the season that keeps him or sinks him.  At a minimum was winning 3 of the last 5.  Minni was just that ... a minni-opportunity to prove that the "fluke" of Illinios was just that but over the past 3-4 games the ship had been corrected and we were projecting and moving upward and forward.  

Minni shows that the team can't take seven [7 games] straight or four [4] B1G teams in a row without being "worn out".  It's like not being able to play in a bowl game last year ... it was just too tough.  For the current mindset, we didn't have enough in the mindset and mental tank to win what seemed like really an easy win ... and then the break and recoup time with building momentum and making the rest of the season even more interesting and prospective.  

Instead ... we laid an egg ... the same turd we've laid and wallowed in for four straight years.  Now, even if we beat OSU or an Iowa, assuming we can beat a Purdue and Wisky, it doesn't matter in my mind because we lost to perhaps the easiest team left on the schedule.  If Purdue can handle Iowa that easily then I don't see another win.  Iowa losing really makes that game far less important in terms of a real national splash.  Ya, there is a losing streak to beat and end but for me, this loss has taken away my interest for the rest of the season.  A win would have increased my interest another 40%.  The loss took 80% of interest out of me.  I fully realize I'm dealing with an "addict" here and a new sobriety date has to be set and the team has to work through more issues before it can be a productive member.  I'll let Frost go and the team and hope it can find its way perhaps next season.  My belief is that the easier schedule will just give the "unthinking" mindset that if the schedule is easier we can win again.  Those "mindsets" don't succeed as I have experienced.

19 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

And Frost and his cronies took advantage of Moos being hands off. Trev walked in and laid down the law.  Frost has said the right things, and Trev has been supportive, but watching Frost's teams continually find a new way to lose a game will not fly in the long run for Trev. 

• Fire 1