Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is no talent.  It is emerging and learning.  I see a lot of improvement. But kids don't want to go there.  K state fans probably wonder why they can't get over? Kids are not attracted to these schools and fans can't come to grips with it. It will take a generational talent like Tommie Frazier to get nebraska relevant again.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Scott has the season that keeps him or sinks him.  At a minimum was winning 3 of the last 5.  Minni was just that ... a minni-opportunity to prove that the "fluck" of Illinios was just that but over the past 3-4 games the ship had been corrected and we were projecting and moving upward and forward.  

Minni shows that the team can't take seven [7 games] straight or four [4] B1G teams in a row without being "worn out".  It's like not being able to play in a bowl game last year ... it was just too tough.  For the current mindset, we didn't have enough in the mindset and mental tank to win what seemed like really an easy win ... and then the break and recoup time with building momentum and making the rest of the season even more interesting and prospective.  

Instead ... we laid an egg ... the same turd we've laid and wallowed in for four straight years.  Now, even if we beat OSU or an Iowa, assuming we can beat a Purdue and Wisky, it doesn't matter in my mind because we lost to perhaps the easiest team left on the schedule.  If Purdue can handle Iowa that easily then I don't see another win.  Iowa losing really makes that game far less important in terms of a real national splash.  Ya, there is a losing streak to beat and end but for me, this loss has taken away my interest for the rest of the season.  A win would have increased my interest another 40%.  The loss took 80% of interest out of me.  I fully realize I'm dealing with an "addict" here and a new sobriety date has to be set and the team has to work through more issues before it can be a productive member.  I'll let Frost go and the team and hope it can find its way perhaps next season.  My belief is that the easier schedule will just give the "unthinking" mindset that if the schedule is easier we can win again.  Those "mindsets" don't succeed as I have experienced.

This is where we are now....We have set the bar so low that 6 wins is acceptable.  That wining when it's an "easier" schedule means we are better....If we want an easier schedule, less competition, and automatic wins lets just move to another conference.  Go to the G5......Hadn't really thought about what we were saying that "next year is easier" until you wrote it.  We are not saying we will be better and that's why we are winning.  It's we are going against weaker competition.  It's all smoke and mirrors.....We haven't are won't improve....

5 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

There is no talent.  It is emerging and learning.  I see a lot of improvement. But kids don't want to go there.  K state fans probably wonder why they can't get over? Kids are not attracted to these schools and fans can't come to grips with it. It will take a generational talent like Tommie Frazier to get nebraska relevant again.

We have consistently recruited top 25 classes over the last 20 years. Out recruiting EVERY team in the B1G West and consistently put us at 4th just behind tOSU, UM and Penn St. We have a 4 star QB that starts, his backup is a 4 star. We have 3 4 star starters on the OL. Multiple 4 star WRs. Our defense also has a plethora of high 3 and 4 star talent. K State typically recruits outside of the top 50 classes in the country. 

Just now, Caliborn72 said:

Not saying it’s right or wrong but I think he thought it was a players/execution issue and not an individual coaching issue. 

Who is responsible in year 4 regarding players/execution? 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, lo country said:

This is where we are now....We have set the bar so low that 6 wins is acceptable.  That wining when it's an "easier" schedule means we are better....If we want an easier schedule, less competition, and automatic wins lets just move to another conference.  Go to the G5......Hadn't really thought about what we were saying that "next year is easier" until you wrote it.  We are not saying we will be better and that's why we are winning.  It's we are going against weaker competition.  It's all smoke and mirrors.....We haven't are won't improve....

I mean at this point we’ve set the bar lower than 6 wins. There’s people that want to retain Frost after 4-5 wins this year (and every year he’s been here). Our bar right now is “did you play football here in the 90s”. Also I get a chuckle out of the people who want wholesale changes but not Frost canned, basically holding everyone responsible minus the guy whose ultimately responsible.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, lo country said:

That is the beauty of it all. We won't actually be better and how can we assume we beat NW, Minny, Purdue. Illinois etc? What are our records against those teams over Frosts tenure? The answer: .500 or worse. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

That is the beauty of it all. We won't actually be better and how can we assume we beat NW, Minny, Purdue. Illinois etc? What are our records against those teams over Frosts tenure? The answer: .500 or worse. 

I honestly don't think Frost approaches games against those 4 teams with another respect for those opponents, and it rubs off on the players and their approach for the game. Frost looks at the schedule (just like we as fans do) and sees 4 easy wins. Unfortunately, Frost's teams don't have enough talent and aren't sharp enough to only play half the game against those teams, and that's how Frost has struggled against those teams. 

Frost has won 10 games so far against P5 teams....those teams you ask? 

2018- Minnesota (finished 7-6) Illinois (4-8) Michigan St (7-6)

2019- Illinois (6-7) Northwestern (3-9) Maryland (3-9)

2020- Penn St (4-5)  Purdue (2-4) Rutgers (3-6)

What can any of us possibly see that makes us say HEY GUYS WE ARE GOING TO GET BACK TO TITLES BABY! It is an absolute joke at this point. Frost has failed in epic fashion up to this point. Again get to 6 wins this year coach. A bar lower than TO gave to Callahan and a bar lower than any HC in the long history of our program. 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Frost has won 10 games so far against P5 teams....those teams you ask? 

2018- Minnesota (finished 7-6) Illinois (4-8) Michigan St (7-6)

2019- Illinois (6-7) Northwestern (3-9) Maryland (3-9)

2020- Penn St (4-5)  Purdue (2-4) Rutgers (3-6)

What can any of us possibly see that makes us say HEY GUYS WE ARE GOING TO GET BACK TO TITLES BABY! It is an absolute joke at this point. Frost has failed in epic fashion up to this point. Again get to 6 wins this year coach. A bar lower than TO gave to Callahan and a bar lower than any HC in the long history of our program. 

In year 4.....And it's more of an arbitrary bar that we as fans set.  A mythical/magical line in the sand.....I didn't relaize that the 10 teams we beat were so bad.  Basically like us or worse.......This is unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

In year 4.....And it's more of an arbitrary bar that we as fans set.  A mythical/magical line in the sand.....I didn't relaize that the 10 teams we beat were so bad.  Basically like us or worse.......This is unacceptable.

His 2 best B1G wins were with rosters full of Riley players but you know the reason we are so bad is because of Riley in year 4 of Frost. 

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

And Frost and his cronies took advantage of Moos being hands off. Trev walked in and laid down the law.  Frost has said the right things, and Trev has been supportive, but watching Frost's teams continually find a new way to lose a game will not fly in the long run for Trev. 

In the long run of course not.

But to even insinuate Frost is trying to "get away" with losing.......?  Good gawd man 

18 minutes ago, lo country said:

Exactly ... we want to point to Illinois and call it a fluke, call Minni a fluke ... but the excuses are just so silly.  For me, it's even why adding in Fordham [for whatever positive reason one wants to present] was a "loss".  One can see now that that "W" really wasn't.  It was a "loss".  You can't set the bar so low to prop up a weak mindset.  Unfortunately, too many folks have even bought into the B1G "just being so tough".  Nope.  The B1G is probably more "blue collar" than other conferences.  We don't want to be a "blue collar" OL.  We want to send off our product to China and get something that we can sell at the best price and turn a "profit" [it's like some sort of moral victory].

I don't really see a need for some "big-time" coach who is even "proven".  I'm hearing that a lot.  I think that we need a "nuts and bolts" kind of coach who is hard working, disciplined and won't be out-coached or worked who is "excuse free".   Scott is not gonna "get this fixed".  He is the proven problem.  Yes, he has four more games to "prove".  He "proved" to me his progress in a Minni-sort-of-way.

7 minutes ago, lo country said:

I point to year 4, because historically, coaches who have had success at a program (after inheriting a losing team) have been able to change the fortunes and get to 7-8-9 wins by year 3 or 4. This most likely won't happen for NU this year, so Frost would be a historical aberration at this point. 

• Plus1 1
56 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Do you think the top coaches in football wait for their AD to tell them they need to upgrade spots on their team? 

I think Frost places a high priority on loyalty. I also think the SI article where officials at Florida said that Frost was "unprepared" were closer to the mark than anyone wants to admit. Both of these traits make it very difficult to determine when changes should be made.