Poll: Should Frost be fired?

Kentmick

Should Frost be fired at the end of the season?  

203 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I think Frost places a high priority on loyalty. I also think the SI article where officials at Florida said that Frost was "unprepared" were closer to the mark than anyone wants to admit. Both of these traits make it very difficult to determine when changes should be made. 

I agree completely with this. It is apparent based on how the last 4 years have played out. 

• Fire 1
Just now, Crusader Husker said:

I have always said that he should get 5 years.  He doesn't deserve it, but I think he gets it.  I have a feeling that Trev is going to try and work with him for a year.  Not sure.

This I know.  I trust Trev. 

Then Frost gets to 6-6 next year with a cupcake schedule. Then the following year goes 4-8 and we fire him then. Yay 

• Oh Yeah! 1
8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I think Frost places a high priority on loyalty. I also think the SI article where officials at Florida said that Frost was "unprepared" were closer to the mark than anyone wants to admit. Both of these traits make it very difficult to determine when changes should be made. 

And there in lies another problem and one that has been mentioned previously.  It truly appears that he is in over his head.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

What does this mean?  He has a meeting with his boss and walks away only wanting to cash a paycheck?  What are you saying is going on in those meetings that demoralizes a guy so much he'd give up all pride and just go through the motions?  

Eh.. I plead guilty to hyperbole there in that part you quoted.  Should have stated it less adamant.  I'll put it more accurately as stating that his salary is not being earned, in my opinion, and that he may have an inkling as to that after speaking with his boss week in and week out as he piles more poo on to the poo show he's given us (and his boss.. for that salary).

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here are the top 10 all time winning football programs. I am curious how many of these programs would keep a coach for a 5th season who is 15-25 overall and 10-21 against conference opponents.  

1. Michigan

2. Ohio State

3. Alabama

4. Texas

5. Notre Dame

6. Oklahoma

7. Nebraska

8. Penn State

9. USC

10. Tennessee

None of them. 

• Plus1 1

If Frost agrees to the Frank Solich option mention above - revamp the coaching staff then I can see one more year.  If not - then we are on the insanity trail.  

However, if Frost ends up wt only 3 wins this year - no Solich option.  Time to move on.  I hate typing that.  It pains me to think that way towards Frost.  But we have to be realists and cut the emotion out of it.  It is a business and a business decision must be made and not an emotional one.  

It's mind boggling to think that Frost shouldn't be fired.

Mel Tucker inherited a program in bad shape and turned it around in a more difficult division in a year. 

Frost is in over his head. He hasn't developed a foundation to build off of. There is no offensive identity other than the cute option wrinkle they developed a few weeks ago. 

They don't do a good job of developing players.

Recruiting is a dumpster fire. They're going to finish last in the B1G this season. 

It's painful, it sucks. But it's pretty clear the schemes they've developed just don't work in the B1G. That's fine to admit. Frost isn't the guy and it's clear - with 4 years of evidence - that Nebraska needs a change. 

• Thanks 2
45 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's mind boggling to think that Frost shouldn't be fired.

Mel Tucker inherited a program in bad shape and turned it around in a more difficult division in a year. 

Frost is in over his head. He hasn't developed a foundation to build off of. There is no offensive identity other than the cute option wrinkle they developed a few weeks ago. 

They don't do a good job of developing players.

Recruiting is a dumpster fire. They're going to finish last in the B1G this season. 

It's painful, it sucks. But it's pretty clear the schemes they've developed just don't work in the B1G. That's fine to admit. Frost isn't the guy and it's clear - with 4 years of evidence - that Nebraska needs a change. 

You're right on the money. 

2 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Here are the top 10 all time winning football programs. I am curious how many of these programs would keep a coach for a 5th season who is 15-25 overall and 10-21 against conference opponents.  

1. Michigan

2. Ohio State

3. Alabama

4. Texas

5. Notre Dame

6. Oklahoma

7. Nebraska

8. Penn State

9. USC

10. Tennessee

You can add LSU to that list as they just fired a coach that went 34-11 with two top 8 finishes and a natty over the same time period Frost has gone 15-25 without a bowl. 

• Plus1 1