Orgeron out at LSU

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It used to be. We used to have high standards and refused to lower them, refused to accept excuses. Over the years that’s all faded… criticism is frowned upon, and you’re expected to just accept whatever product you get without complaint. Any fan who expresses the least bit of criticism is labeled a Negative Nancy/Debbie Downer and told to find a new team to cheer for. It’s sad. 

Well said. That is what is so disappointing...so many fans seem to have accepted mediocrity.  We should always strive to be elite realizing it does not happen overnight but that it also should not take more than 4 years to have a winning season.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

10 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I wish our fan base wanted to win titles and was rabid 

The fan base has been beaten to submission after three years under Riley and four years under Frost. Going to a toilet bowl seems to be what we can aspire to over the past 7 years and even that is not happening. We are happy with moral victories now and the hope that we might somehow pull a miracle and go 6-6. If you told me in 1997 that this will be the state of husker football in 2021, I would have thought you are tripping on acid and would have taken you to the ER.

• Plus1 1

Coach O’s firing has much more to do with off the field stuff.  LSU is in the middle of a huge Title IX lawsuit with sexual assault allegations attached to it.  Coach O is attached to that lawsuit. 

the pic here is consensual but it’s a bad look to have your head coach posting selfies with himself and a girl he just banged.  Especially when  he is in the middle of a messy and public divorce. 

ed-o.jpeg?resize=375,667&ssl=1

• Oh Yeah! 3

2 hours ago, louisianared said:

Coach O’s firing has much more to do with off the field stuff.  LSU is in the middle of a huge Title IX lawsuit with sexual assault allegations attached to it.  Coach O is attached to that lawsuit. 

the pic here is consensual but it’s a bad look to have your head coach posting selfies with himself and a girl he just banged.  Especially when  he is in the middle of a messy and public divorce. 

ed-o.jpeg?resize=375,667&ssl=1

I knew there was more to it. 2 years removed from a national championship. If this is the case, you had to make that move. Smh. 

27 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

A good list for LSUs opening could also be names we could pursue...

IMO, Kiffin to LSU would set Kiffin back and his public opinion back years. He finally is gaining respect and has showed maturity, that if he leaves Ole Miss after a short time and goes to LSU, a team that is clearly a better job, but in the same division, that would be a bad look for Kiffin. It would almost be like Tennessee and USC all over again. Also, I think Kiffin would ultimately only last 2-3 years at LSU, because I dont think he lives up to LSU's expectations and he eventually gets fired, now he is spent trying to re brand himself and regain all the respect he had tried to gain since joining Saban's staff.

• Fire 1