if we lose out is frost back next year?

BoSolich

I said in the other thread, that if Frost finishes wt just 3 wins - there  should be no Solich option (revamp the coaching staff) - there would be no justification based on reality that we should retain him for year 5. Cut the emotional part of it. Apathy is a real and present danger that can set in if we have year 5 of the same - being 'this close' but never obtaining.  

• Plus1 9
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, they say you won’t need to worry about this question. 

ESPN could very well be mistaken about how Nebraska's season pans out.  We have the most unreliable, unstable program in the West of the B1G, it seems.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

I said in the other thread, that if Frost finishes wt just 3 wins - there  should be no Solich option (revamp the coaching staff) - there would be no justification based on reality that we should retain him for year 5. Cut the emotional part of it. Apathy is a real and present danger that can set in if we have year 5 of the same - being 'this close' but never obtaining.  

They cut Harbaugh’s salary and made it incentive based. He revamped the coaching staff. He still may be out, but so far it’s looking like Meechigan is better than expected. I think he is the 8th highest paid coach in the B1G. Maybe Frost needs a kick too.

• Plus1 1

31 minutes ago, nic said:

They cut Harbaugh’s salary and made it incentive based. He revamped the coaching staff. He still may be out, but so far it’s looking like Meechigan is better than expected. I think he is the 8th highest paid coach in the B1G. Maybe Frost needs a kick too.

That may be an option. Something has to happen 

Frost should get two more years truly believe a coach should get at least 4 years to get his guys in there, and what not. If the situation involves a cultural problem I think it's fair to give the coach a couple extra years I think that applies here. Players haven't quit they are competitive program is heading in the right direction heck two weeks ago people were hopeful that we might have turned the corner. The most pathetic thing a fan can do and frankly I'm embarrassed for some of the posters on here is to come on after a loss cause your upset and start calling for the coaches head. Bottom line Frost came in with a toxic culture we haven't seen the results yet with Es and Ls but anyone who is being honest with themselves can see we are starting to get close to turning the corner. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Can’t fire Frost unless you have his replacement already lined up and 100% confirmed. I’m guessing Trev has (or will very soon) sent out feelers to certain coaches he’s interested in. I say if Chadwell is interested, you snag him while you can; otherwise someone else will. I think we’ll find out the interest of other coaches based on whether or not Frost is retained. If we finish with 3 or 4 wins and Frost is retained, that tells me that none of Trev’s targets were interested. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Frost should get two more years truly believe a coach should get at least 4 years to get his guys in there, and what not. If the situation involves a cultural problem I think it's fair to give the coach a couple extra years I think that applies here. Players haven't quit they are competitive program is heading in the right direction heck two weeks ago people were hopeful that we might have turned the corner. The most pathetic thing a fan can do and frankly I'm embarrassed for some of the posters on here is to come on after a loss cause your upset and start calling for the coaches head. Bottom line Frost came in with a toxic culture we haven't seen the results yet with Es and Ls but anyone who is being honest with themselves can see we are starting to get close to turning the corner. 

I felt that we were close to turning the corner, UNTIL the Minnesota game. That’s when I realized that with this staff, they’ll never get over the hump. Doing the same thing week after week and expecting a different outcome is insanity, yet that’s what our fan base is hoping for. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I felt that we were close to turning the corner, UNTIL the Minnesota game. That’s when I realized that with this staff, they’ll never get over the hump. Doing the same thing week after week and expecting a different outcome is insanity, yet that’s what our fan base is hoping for. 

This is where I am at,  Now Frost and Co goes 3-1 down the stretch and we go bowling...I'll admit I was wrong abd give him another year. I don't see that happening.  And it's not like we are having this discussion in year after the hype of the hire.  We are in year 4.  Losing at a clip unseen in 1 score games, against his peers, against P5 programs with a winning record....There is nothing other than 3 close games that even shows anything different than the previous years.  But at the end of the day.  They were losses.  And Frost wan't hired to make losses more respectable.....

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

If we lose out, no way he is retained IMO.

Purdue would warm the seat, but they just dominated Iowa, so in & of itself, it wouldn't be a bad loss if it's at least close.  An OSU loss is expected, but a blowout would be bad.  Winning in Camp Randal is tough.  Especially tough for a team who has only won 4 B1G road games in 3 1/2 seasons.  And all have been against bottom tier teams.  But Wisky really isn't that good, so again a loss will turn up the heat even more.  An Iowa loss would be the proverbial "nail in the coffin."

I also believe there's no way Trev's is or wants to make this decision single-handedly.  One of the reason Trev was hired was that he has a history of making tough decisions for the betterment of an athletic department.  He's even stated that he has put together a group of local CEO's and other important-type people to advise him for the inevitable Memorial Stadium capacity and/or other changes.  Parting ways with a NC winning former player who was endorsed by Osborne and who almost everyone wanted to come here in 2017 isn't a decision to be taken lightly.  I would be very surprised if Trev didn't have a similar, albiet non-public, group of advisers who will help him with this decision if it comes to that.  Although, I believe Trev would want and get the final say in what happens.

I think if we win at least two more including Iowa, then this conversation is moot.  At least for this season.

45 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

This is exactly what I said we shouldn't be doing. It's a knee jerk reaction to every play, call, and win or loss. Step back take a breathe. The fact that you are even considering that we might be turning the corner as little as two weeks ago already tells me we need to be patient. This loss was not nearly as bad as the Illinois loss not even close. You got to ask yourself are we trending in the right direction, and are we getting closer to getting over the "hump"? If you thought that we might be getting over the hump two weeks ago the answer is yes. I highly doubt there are any sure fire replacements for Frost. Best bet is to relax and weight a little longer to see if Frost can turn the corner

• Thanks 1