if we lose out is frost back next year?

BoSolich

If we move on from Frost the interesting thing will be how it impacts the current players. Besides Callahan, each of the previous coaches had some winning behind them and I am sure the current players, even the talented ones were skeptical of a new staff coming in and that staff has to work hard to gain their trust and get their buy in. It's almost, at least seemingly in our case, always at least a one year learning curve to get players on board. But again, they've always had some sort of winning in their past that they could be skeptical or have some sort of bitterness toward the athletic department for firing their coach. But in Frost's case, there hasn't been any winning, there hasn't been any stability of a winning culture. It's been loss, after loss, after loss, turned to moral victory after moral victory after moral victory. If a new coach comes in, it'll be interesting to see how quickly they can get buy in from the players. Even when Frost came in, even after all the hype, the celebration, his success at UCF, he didn't get players buying in and had to change the culture. 

The only time the transition seemed to be better in year one was when we hired Bo after Callahan and I think that had a lot to do with Bo coming in with a stocked roster of Callahan's recruits and Bo was a college coach compared to Callahan and probably connected with the locker room much better and was able to get more out of them.

• Fire 1

I really didn't know where to put this and the last thing we need is another thread talking about Frost and his job.

But I've seen this come up in several threads and just wanted to address it with my thoughts.

SCOTT FROST WAS A GREAT HIRE! : he was one of the hottest names out there the year the Huskers crumbled under Riley.  He was wanted by SEC teams and every media outlet drooled at the idea of Frost bringing NU back.  Recruits were more than willing to hear him out and give NU a chance.  We can all acknowledge that the scenario in 2017 was handled perfectly.  NU got the coach everyone that was looking wanted!

also...

SCOTT FROST HASN'T WORKED OUT:  there could be a ton of discussion of why or where the blame lies.  But the current situation is a mess.  NU is "close" yet so "far away". The current situation doesn't make fans wrong for celebrating the hire 4 years ago.  It was awesome and we were all expecting great things!  Unfortunately, Frost's history has shown us little.  Actually, It's shown us a lot as far as game, roster, and administrative management goes.  I don't believe fans were "duped", but I do believe many of us were counting eggs before they were hatched.  

Is Jamal Lord coaching anywhere?  Maybe Crouch will move up from youth football...? 

Want progress examples? Our best defense in over ten years with three of our losses against teams who remain undefeated. More progress examples? I was in the stadium in Ann Arbor for Michigan three years ago. I was in Lincoln for Michigan two weeks ago. Anyone who did the same sees the obvious progress. Remarkable progress in fact. Throw a weird Covid year in there and that wasn’t that long ago. 

We knew this was a long term project. Was this a successful season? No. But I have no interest in going a different direction with head coach barring multiple crazy blow outs or obvious off-the-field or legal issues. 

For those who want Frost fired today….how did you feel after the Michigan loss two weeks ago? Probably pretty good. Heartbreaking loss. But we were close. All the Minnesota loss told me was that we still have a ways to go. And I am willing to wait a little longer to find out. 

That being said, I expect to see some staffing changes. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1