if we lose out is frost back next year?

BoSolich

6 minutes ago, ndobney said:

This loss was not nearly as bad as the Illinois loss not even close.

And that's the new brand of progress at Nebraska?  Good gosh man that coach has been at the helm for 40 games and has handed us 15 wins.  That's Kansas stuff. 

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I think he gets a year, maybe two, regardless of what happens on the field this year. In the end does it really matter if you finish 3-9 or 5-7? Neither gets you to a bowl. And if they can't come up with the buyout cash he may be here 5 more years.

Recruiting might suffer a bit with only 3 wins but we are already ranked last in the B1G so it's not like we have far to fall.

7 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

I think he gets a year, maybe two, regardless of what happens on the field this year. In the end does it really matter if you finish 3-9 or 5-7? Neither gets you to a bowl. And if they can't come up with the buyout cash he may be here 5 more years.

Recruiting might suffer a bit with only 3 wins but we are already ranked last in the B1G so it's not like we have far to fall.

Lol. Can’t come up with the buyout cash. Hahahahahahahahaha

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

No offense, but these are words of a defeatist.

• Oh Yeah! 2
57 minutes ago, ndobney said:

This is exactly what I said we shouldn't be doing. It's a knee jerk reaction to every play, call, and win or loss. Step back take a breathe. The fact that you are even considering that we might be turning the corner as little as two weeks ago already tells me we need to be patient. This loss was not nearly as bad as the Illinois loss not even close. You got to ask yourself are we trending in the right direction, and are we getting closer to getting over the "hump"? If you thought that we might be getting over the hump two weeks ago the answer is yes. I highly doubt there are any sure fire replacements for Frost. Best bet is to relax and weight a little longer to see if Frost can turn the corner

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. This same stuff has been going on for 4 seasons, to the point that I - and many others - EXPECT the team to self destruct each week. Going to the 4Q against Minny, you just KNEW what was coming: another close, disappointing loss. Is that really what we want?

• Plus1 1

38 minutes ago, hagg said:

And that's the new brand of progress at Nebraska?  Good gosh man that coach has been at the helm for 40 games and has handed us 15 wins.  That's Kansas stuff. 

3-5 (1-4) isn’t progress and I’m kind of sick or people telling me it is. And I wish we would stop using Riley as a dead man walking with a DC he was forced to hire as the barometer for our program. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ndobney said:

This loss was not nearly as bad as the Illinois loss not even close.

I am trying to understand the head space of some who are so high on this "progress" they say they're seeing.  Help us with this.  Look at stats from those two games and show me the progress:

Nebraska at Illinois total yards:  Neb 392 Ill 326  ... 1st downs:  Neb 18 Ill 19 ... Score Neb 22 Ill 30 (8 points)

Nebraska at Minny total yards:  Neb 377 Min 396 .. 1st downs:  Neb 19 Min 22 .Score Neb 23 Ill 30 (7 points)  

Our "progress" was losing by one less point to the Moles than to the Fighting Illini.  Woo-hoo!  And a few yards here and there.  Aaaaaaand of course we were sleepy so at a disadvantage.   Again, help us with this progress thing you see.

16 minutes ago, hagg said:

I am trying to understand the head space of some who are so high on this "progress" they say they're seeing.  Help us with this.  Look at stats from those two games and show me the progress:

Nebraska at Illinois total yards:  Neb 392 Ill 326  ... 1st downs:  Neb 18 Ill 19 ... Score Neb 22 Ill 30 (8 points)

Nebraska at Minny total yards:  Neb 377 Min 396 .. 1st downs:  Neb 19 Min 22 .Score Neb 23 Ill 30 (7 points)  

Our "progress" was losing by one less point to the Moles than to the Fighting Illini.  Woo-hoo!  And a few yards here and there.  Aaaaaaand of course we were sleepy so at a disadvantage.   Again, help us with this progress thing you see.

Only progress is losing by less....And that's where we are at (some) as a fan base.  Now if we had picked up 2 or 3 of the one score games this year (0-5) things would look different.  But as it stands, I do not know how we can't even be 50% in 1 score games.  I mentioned it earlier, but one of our beat writers on the MSU game said that all Tucker had to do was keep it close.  Stay with us and let Nebraska sink ourselves.  And we did.  As we have 71% of the time.....And it hasn't been just this year......Hold OU to lowest points in 65 games......Hold MSU's Walker to below average....And still lose.

What i fear worst is that this will be a continous thing.  We will continue to have just outstanding kick a$$ games that we will win but every couple of times a year just come out like absolute trash and lose like we did under bo.  Just un motivated, un diciplined crap of a game.  I fear that could be the new norm which would be just as annoying.  

3 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

What i fear worst is that this will be a continous thing.  We will continue to have just outstanding kick a$$ games that we will win but every couple of times a year just come out like absolute trash and lose like we did under bo.  Just un motivated, un diciplined crap of a game.  I fear that could be the new norm which would be just as annoying.  

Our only kickass game that we won is against the worst NW Fitz has had in over a decade. This would he different if we were coming up close against top dogs and smashing those lower on the totem pole. We can't even eek out wins against the bottom half at a .500 clip. 

8 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Our only kickass game that we won is against the worst NW Fitz has had in over a decade. This would he different if we were coming up close against top dogs and smashing those lower on the totem pole. We can't even eek out wins against the bottom half at a .500 clip. 

The more i think about the more i think it will be situational.  If trev thinks throws out a offer to a good p5 coach and they take it frost is gone no matter what.  But if he casts a line out and no one bites hes holding firm till next year.

Just now, Stone Cold said:

The more i think about the more i think it will be situational.  If trev thinks throws out a offer to a good p5 coach and they take it frost is gone no matter what.  But if he casts a line out and no one bites hes holding firm till next year.

Lane Kiffin come on down! Welcome home to the place of your birth. 

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

That’s why you hire a disciplinarian fundamentals teaching coach that demands perfection. That is basically what Nick Saban is. Am I saying we need to get one of his assistants or find the next Saban? No.

We just need a tough coach who isn’t going to coddle the players and say it’s ok to f#&% up at a program like Nebraska, we’ll coach you up. CFB isn’t pee wee league like HCSF makes it out to be or his predecessor. It is simply one step away from the pros. That’s how college players view it these days. 

We have to hire a proven guy that will instantly boost our recruiting prowess, IMO.