Dear Nebraska Football Media….?

IUHusker

Give him next year. Once upon a not too long time ago I would stop watching by the time the score got to 4 touchdowns down. At least Nebraska's keeping it within 1 TD now and I can watch the entire game. 

If Nebraska beats Wisconsin and Iowa I will be happy with the season, regardless if they lose to Ohio St. They better beat Purdue.

What does the media care? They criticize the program, they might lose their privilege to the executive toilet. Face it, even the sportswriters articles are stale because all they can write is:

Nebraska didn't want the game

Nebraska didn't look like they wanted to be there

Nebraska was not prepared

Nebraska gave the game away

Nebraska got in their own way

And a well worn favorite we've heard from every coach "I sure didn't see that coming"

It's the same crap in different order since Osborne retired. I'm amazed there are still any fans left.

18 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So if we go 6-6 next year with one of the easiest schedules in P5 football is that good enough for year 6? 

I'm not sure where this narrative started but it is completely false.  We have an "easier" schedule next year but it isn't an easy schedule by an metrics.  It looks easier because we are currently playing one of the hardest schedules in college football.  Next year we play the teams currently ranked #3, #6, #11, and #25.  We also have to go to Camp Randall, again- guessing Wisky will be better.  Yes, we do get what appears to be easier crossover games against Rutgers and Indiana but nothing in the B1G is a guarantee as this last week showed.

I am honestly torn regarding Frost.  I am struggling to see success in the future but I also think there have been a lot of things go wrong at critical times that were out of his control.  If the boys can find a way to win 3 of the last 4, I would be strongly in favor of retaining Frost.  Anything less than that and I wouldn't fault Trev for making a change.