Frost vs His Peers

38 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

How many programs does a Solich or a Bo get fired from with their winning percentage while at Nebraska?  

Any and all programs that strive to be top 20 year in and year out. And what happened with Frank or Bo years ago has absolutely nothing to do with the current situation.

I don’t have the answers but you sure can’t settle on 3 or 4 wins annually because you’re afraid you’ll get another Callahan or Riley…..or Frost.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Any and all programs that strive to be top 20 year in and year out. And what happened with Frank or Bo years ago has absolutely nothing to do with the current situation.

I don’t have the answers but you sure can’t settle on 3 or 4 wins annually because you’re afraid you’ll get another Callahan or Riley…..or Frost.

Sadly, I’d much rather have Callahans results. 

51 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

I answered that in a previous post but here it is again. If the team finishes 6-6, I would like Frost to get another year but ONLY if he makes staff changes. Greg Austin and verduzco need to go yesterday. Hire a talented special teams coach and an offensive coordinator and Frost needs to give up play calling and concentrate on managing the team. Anything less, Frost needs to make way to another coach who can right this chaotic ship. 

Also, a good coach can make an impact right away. At least in their second year without making excuses about culture and empty cupboards. I do not like PJ Fleck. In fact he makes me sick every time he speaks, but I do admire his ability to get so much out of inferior talent. On the other hand, Frost seems to find ways to lose to inferior talent all the time. Point is, I do not believe that a good coach will need 5 years to rebuild. Especially not with a fan base that packs the stadium and supports their team even when their team manages to lose every game that matters. Husker fans have been extremely supportive of Frost and generously patient but the status quo is not acceptable. Husker fans deserve better.

I was where you were at until @Hedley Lamarrposted this....  Our record W-L is really bad.  When you look at the statistics in the tweet our HC is currently (for the criteria set forth)  the worst or almost the worst across every category.  Think our recruit class sucks now?  Wait until other teams see this and share with recruits....I would, so pretty sure a guy making $ will also....NIL?  Sure kid. Go get sponsored by Fleet Enema because they are always sh!tting the bed there......

Besides losing by less, what the hell have we improved?  We started an injured QB against one of the biggest OL in the country.....had a kicker who has been abysmal all season trot out with a bad hip flexor and kick away (ys he made the 50, but think it cost the PAT and other FG).....Yantz got benched last week for going the wrong way....how many lineman got penalties and kept on trucking.....Those stats are pure garbage.  If it wasn't Frost, Trev would fire "that guy" after that Tweet was verified......No way ANYONE would not defend NU firing him.  If he moves on and becomes great that's awesome.  I truly wish him the best here or there, but thinking he will be anything other than what we currently have while at NU is ludicrous.......And if he some how lights the world on fire, I will take my virtual beatdown by those who have stood solidly in his corner.  I'd love to see the team get to a bowl.  They deserve it.  Winning in spite of the HC and staff (to clarify offense).

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It told me that Frost is actually worse than I thought he was. 

I agree, this puts things in perspective. Things are worse than I thought seeing how he is basically doing worse than everyone in the country and he has better recruiting and resources than majority of those other coaches. 

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

The names that have been kicked around as either HC or staff (if Frost stays) would all do better.  I am not saying NC, but I feel they would be able to contend for the West, be better than a .375 win percentage and win at least 1/2 of those one score games........Our best wins(against teams with winning records) were in 2018 with another coaches kids.....Another example of no improvement....

Not aimed at you, but go back and re-read those stats....Look at where we fall.  Look at what two programs we actually "beat"....

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

We dont know if we return a lot of starters or not yet. We could lose on offense, Martinez, Allen, Vokolek for starters if they dont opt for the extra year. We lose our top WR in Toure. Defensively you have to replace the entire secondary minus one CB as well as Domann and Stille. Daniels could opt out, Tannor could opt out if he just wants to move on. That doesnt take into account any subtractions from guys going into the transfer portal. We return a young poor performing OL I guess and our stable of RBs. With pieces of the defense returning in the front 7. You might not get what you are looking for next year. 

My view on returning starters is simple. If you are a good team returning starters is a good thing. If you are a bad team- who cares if you have returning starters. They have already proven they don’t win games 

• Plus1 2

Like everyone else in the state, I was on cloud nine when Frost was hired. I really thought he would be the one who turns the corner. I supported him and if I am being honest I still want him to succeed but his pressers over the last two years including this year leave me no choice but to believe that he is way out of his league and completely lost. He keeps defending Martinez which is admirable but being a super nice guy who faced adversity and struggles does not magically make you an excellent QB. Frost keeps saying we need to know Martinez and what he has been through but that is irrelevant when it comes to college football. I like Martinez. I think he is a wonderful young man, polite, and humble but he is not an excellent QB. A good QB would have at least won half of the games where they had the ball in their hands with 2-3 minutes left and 2 timeouts in their pocket. Having three chances to take the lead on a not so good and depleted Minnie team says it all. Frost is riding Martinez win or lose which says two things: (1) he does not trust his other QBs because he knows he cannot recruit worth a damn, and (2) he has no game plan and just hopes Martinez will pull a miracle run. Both reasons tell you that Frost is learning on the job by trial and error. Given the stats shared here, we cannot do much worse by giving someone else a shot. And please do not give me the no coach would want to come to Nebraska BS, because we have been patient and packed the stadium for a coach who went 15-25 and have zero wins against ranked opponents. If that is not patience, I do not know what is.

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, huskerfan74 said:

. Frost is riding Martinez win or lose which says two things: (1) he does not trust his other QBs because he knows he cannot recruit worth a damn, and (2) he has no game plan and just hopes Martinez will pull a miracle run. Both reasons tell you that Frost is learning on the job by trial and error. 

I think it’s (3)…….

SF doesn’t want to give up on AM.  He plucked him from Tennessee.  AM was the elite player that was going to turn the NU program around.  There is something psychological about it.  It’s almost like a TO type “I won’t give up an a player” type thing.

I don’t even remember who got benched for Frazier.  Joseph or McCant, but AM will cost Frost his job.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I think it’s (3)…….

SF doesn’t want to give up on AM.  He plucked him from Tennessee.  AM was the elite player that was going to turn the NU program around.  There is something psychological about it.  It’s almost like a TO type “I won’t give up an a player” type thing.

I don’t even remember who got benched for Frazier.  Joseph or McCant, but AM will cost Frost his job.

Or Mike Grant

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Think our recruit class sucks now?  Wait until other teams see this and share with recruits....I would, so pretty sure a guy making $ will also....NIL?  Sure kid. Go get sponsored by Fleet Enema because they are always sh!tting the bed there......

Well, it sucks worse as of a couple of hours ago with de-commit of defensive lineman Hayden Schwartz. Down to #73 (24/7) or #83 (Rivals) national ranking now.

7 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Well, it sucks worse as of a couple of hours ago with de-commit of defensive lineman Hayden Schwartz. Down to #73 (24/7) or #83 (Rivals) national ranking now.

Maybe the kid got on some Husker message board and read a bunch of posters going on and on about canning the coach he committed to?? :dunno

But go on.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Maybe the kid got on some Husker message board and read a bunch of posters going on and on about canning the coach he committed to?? :dunno

But go on.  

Sure, we are to blame. We are also to blame for bad recruiting over the last four years and for the mass exodus of players who left since this coaching staff came onboard. It is all our fault. We should be stoned.

• Plus1 1