Frost vs His Peers

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Maybe the kid got on some Husker message board and read a bunch of posters going on and on about canning the coach he committed to?? :dunno

But go on.  

Yeah I bet back in July he read the message boards and read some really cool things about Frost and decided to commit. Recruits really don't care about on the field results, but message board sentiment is big for them. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

50 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Sure, we are to blame.

I'm going to blame John Bishop for posting these lies and falsehoods on Twitter in the first place. Damn media's fault.

And equal blame needs to go to that evil Hedley Lamarr for posting fake news to this board. He should get a permanent ban for such vile accusations.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Well, it sucks worse as of a couple of hours ago with de-commit of defensive lineman Hayden Schwartz. Down to #73 (24/7) or #83 (Rivals) national ranking now.

He was our highest ranked recruit....our class on 247 hasn't updated since the decommit. We will drop to 76th just barely ahead of FBS juggernaut UConn and just below powerhouses like Central Michigan. 

• Plus1 2
38 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

He was our highest ranked recruit....our class on 247 hasn't updated since the decommit. We will drop to 76th just barely ahead of FBS juggernaut UConn and just below powerhouses like Central Michigan. 

Frost lovers be like "Do you know how much talent there is by Uconn, you can recruit from your car!"

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Frost lovers be like "Do you know how much talent there is by Uconn, you can recruit from your car!"

What's scary is they have to be selective on who they taking. Which means this is the best that is interested in us. Look who we have beat out for our recruits....

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You can’t go into houses and talk about UCF anymore.  Probably can’t even see that in the rear view mirror.

yep, the sample size at NU is too big to talk about what you did at the other place. What is scary is Frost is consistently taking top 25 classes and finishing 4-8. What is he going to do when it relies even more on his coaching as the skill diminishes? 

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Yes, so it begins.  When 3 star players de-commit - you got a problem.  I  Perhaps we need to go after 2 star players to keep them in the fold?

33 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, so it begins.  When 3 star players de-commit - you got a problem.  I  Perhaps we need to go after 2 star players to keep them in the fold?

Hahaha... there are decommits every single year. Good grief! Whats more, he's only a 3 star. Never seen so much crying over a 3 star decommit ever. This temper tantrum is getting ridiculous.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

The funniest thing is all over Facebook I see posts about "you need to trust Scott, he will get it done".  It was a memory they shared again from 2019.  I was thinking if the status quo is kept up, you will be sharing the same post again in 2022 and 2023 until they learn to separate Frost the player from Frost the coach.  What if Scott Frost is Larry Coker, Gene Chizik, or Ed Orgeron?  He caught lightning in a bottle one year and will never approach those heights again.  It is certainly possible.