Frost vs His Peers

2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Hahaha... there are decommits every single year. Good grief! Whats more, he's only a 3 star. Never seen so much crying over a 3 star decommit ever. This temper tantrum is getting ridiculous.

3 star players are the only commits we have at this time.   So yesterday's 4 & 5 star in now a 3 star. 

• Plus1 4

32 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

3 star players are the only commits we have at this time.   So yesterday's 4 & 5 star in now a 3 star. 

Riiiigght. The BIG screwed us in recruiting last year. How many home games did we have to show recruits what we got? How many visits could be made? It has always been known our best tool in recruiting is getting the kids to campus. Of course our recruiting was going to suffer this year with limited slots and the inability to use our best tool for nearly 2 years.

Get a grip. 

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2
2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Riiiigght. The BIG screwed us in recruiting last year. How many home games did we have to show recruits what we got? How many visits could be made? It has always been known our best tool in recruiting is getting the kids to campus. Of course our recruiting was going to suffer this year with limited slots and the inability to use our best tool for nearly 2 years.

Get a grip. 

What other schools would you say have that same issue regarding the best tool for recruiting being visiting campus for a game? Only 2 schools in the B1G don't have a single 4 star commit. Nebraska and Illinois. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

What other schools would you say have that same issue regarding the best tool for recruiting being visiting campus for a game? Only 2 schools in the B1G don't have a single 4 star commit. Nebraska and Illinois. 

You know what is going to keep 4 and 5 stars from committing now? Coaching uncertainty, real or perceived. And if you don't think recruits don't check out team message boards, you're living in a different universe. I don't think Frost needs to worry about his job. I don't think Trev will pull that trigger this year regardless how we finish. That being said, a recruit or parent for that matter following these message boards seeing that 15 of the front page threads were about canning our coach would probably sway someone on the fence to be sure. 

In other words, if you believe recruiting is an issue, huskerboard most definitely is not helping right now.

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

You know what is going to keep 4 and 5 stars from committing now? Coaching uncertainty, real or perceived. And if you don't think recruits don't check out team message boards, you're living in a different universe. I don't think Frost needs to worry about his job. I don't think Trev will pull that trigger this year regardless how we finish. That being said, a recruit or parent for that matter following these message boards seeing that 15 of the front page threads were about canning our coach would probably sway someone on the fence to be sure. 

In other words, if you believe recruiting is an issue, huskerboard most definitely is not helping right now.

This is specious reasoning at best. Every fan base wants a new coach after a loss, even Alabama and Clemson. I doubt their recruiting is affected - at all - by this. Besides, if a kid decides to decommit because of what some randos on a message board say? Good riddance.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I wouldn't even sweat Huskerboard negativity in regard to recruiting.....Frost and Alberts can offer the recruits reassurance.

• Haha 3
39 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

You know what else doesnt help recruiting? Losing nearly double the number of games you win....I would venture to guess that has kept 4 and 5 stars from committing or even looking at NU without laughing over 99% of the time. You want to know why we have HC uncertainty? Because we blow man, we freaking suck. If Frost was winning games and competing for even the freaking B1G West once in the last 4 years we would be fine. The kids that are seniors this year have spent their entire high school career watching us get our a$$ kicked by Minnesota, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, etc. Why would you want to come here when you could go to a school we perceive as below us on the totem pole and beat us?  

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
14 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I wouldn't even sweat Huskerboard negativity in regard to recruiting.....Frost and Alberts can offer the recruits reassurance.

"young man don't you listen to those message board posters, look Frost isnt going anywhere, look at all the success we have had under his watch. We win 1 out of every 3 times we play on average. Come be apart of something special." 

• Plus1 2

I think keeping Scott is the right move so he gets to a Bowl Game next year.  Only 5 road games where Scott has trouble winning.

Schedule:

North Dakota (1-0)

Georgia Southern (2-0)

Oklahoma (2-1)

at Rutgers (3-1)

Indiana (4-1)

at Northwestern (4-2)

at Michigan (4-3)

Minnesota (4-4)

at Wisconsin (4-5)

Purdue (5-5)

Illinois (6-5)

at Iowa (6-6)

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Dano564 said:

I think keeping Scott is the right move so he gets to a Bowl Game next year.  Only 5 road games where Scott has trouble winning.

Schedule:

North Dakota (1-0)

Georgia Southern (2-0)

Oklahoma (2-1)

at Rutgers (3-1)

Indiana (4-1)

at Northwestern (4-2)

at Michigan (4-3)

Minnesota (4-4)

at Wisconsin (4-5)

Purdue (5-5)

Illinois (6-5)

at Iowa (6-6)

so much progress :laughpoundunfortunately we will lose to someone we shouldnt as well so probably a 5-7 year

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Jeremy said:

This is specious reasoning at best. Every fan base wants a new coach after a loss, even Alabama and Clemson. I doubt their recruiting is affected - at all - by this. Besides, if a kid decides to decommit because of what some randos on a message board say? Good riddance.

So you're saying its perfectly cool to run off top talent with negativity and demands that the head coach or position coaches get fired because what? We lost? If the goal is to stop losing, and that is what you're tired of, wouldn't it make more sense draw recruits in than to give them reasons to doubt? 

If a 5 star that has offers from Ohio St. Clemson, heck even Iowa, at this point, comes into Huskerboard to gauge the temperature on the coach they are thinking about pledging the next 5-6 years of their lives to and they see that most of what is posted are calls for firing, why would they come here? Negative posts are only perpetuating the problem of insufficient talent. 

And to the point that Trev and Frost can assure the recruits- Frost has to say he's going to be around and A.D.'s don't tip their hat until they pull the trigger. Kids are smarter than that. 

• Haha 3
14 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

So you're saying its perfectly cool to run off top talent with negativity and demands that the head coach or position coaches get fired because what? We lost? If the goal is to stop losing, and that is what you're tired of, wouldn't it make more sense draw recruits in than to give them reasons to doubt? 

If a 5 star that has offers from Ohio St. Clemson, heck even Iowa, at this point, comes into Huskerboard to gauge the temperature on the coach they are thinking about pledging the next 5-6 years of their lives to and they see that most of what is posted are calls for firing, why would they come here? Negative posts are only perpetuating the problem of insufficient talent. 

And to the point that Trev and Frost can assure the recruits- Frost has to say he's going to be around and A.D.'s don't tip their hat until they pull the trigger. Kids are smarter than that. 

Or they could look at the writing on the wall called 15-25. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Of what?

Seriously. 

If you forget the fans and just look for advice within the coaching community, do you think the inside football world sees exciting things in the future for Scott Frost and Nebraska? Enough to stake a young player's future on?

Who put Scott Frost #1 on every college Hot Seat ranking, and why would a recruit, his family and advisors ignore that? 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You know what else doesnt help recruiting? Losing nearly double the number of games you win....I would venture to guess that has kept 4 and 5 stars from committing or even looking at NU without laughing over 99% of the time. You want to know why we have HC uncertainty? Because we blow man, we freaking suck. If Frost was winning games and competing for even the freaking B1G West once in the last 4 years we would be fine. The kids that are seniors this year have spent their entire high school career watching us get our a$$ kicked by Minnesota, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Colorado, etc. Why would you want to come here when you could go to a school we perceive as below us on the totem pole and beat us?  

Well said.  And the OP chart on the peer comparison bears it out.

• Plus1 1