Frost vs His Peers

8 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'm just completely tired of being blamed for being negative on here and we are the reason 5 million dollar man and staff aren't landing 4 and 5 stars. Like no it is because we suck. We really suck. 

I think there is quite a range of attitudes about all this among Husker fans.  We've been through a lot in the past 20 years or so.. especially the past 10 or so.  It's all good as to opinions.  But many seem to want to wish good play into existence, and I think that portions of what we have as coaching staff could make it better, but damn we used to win 9-4 and complain.  This 3-5 crap is hellish for Nebraska Cornhusker Football.  Wishing ain't gonna do it, and like any disease or wound we have to look at it and say what we see before we can even hope to heal and change. 

17 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Of what?

Seriously. 

If you forget the fans and just look for advice within the coaching community, do you think the inside football world sees exciting things in the future for Scott Frost and Nebraska? Enough to stake a young player's future on?

Who put Scott Frost #1 on every college Hot Seat ranking, and why would a recruit, his family and advisors ignore that? 

My response was specifically regarding this site.....which has how many average daily posters?

....not many in the grand scheme of things.

Hot seat lists and negative recruiting are nothing new and it's up to Frost and Alberts to address those to Nebraska recruits 

Albert's is easier to find than Eichorst.

26 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'm just completely tired of being blamed for being negative on here and we are the reason 5 million dollar man and staff aren't landing 4 and 5 stars. Like no it is because we suck. We really suck. 

I've only seen one post that fits this description.  Are there more?

37 minutes ago, TheSker said:

My response was specifically regarding this site.....which has how many average daily posters?

....not many in the grand scheme of things.

Hot seat lists and negative recruiting are nothing new and it's up to Frost and Alberts to address those to Nebraska recruits 

Albert's is easier to find than Eichorst.

No. That was only half the response.

In the other half you claimed Frost and Alberts could offer recruits assurance.

And I asked "of what?"

Pointing out that the issue of Frost's ranking and reputation in the larger college football world really doesn't have anything to do with the fans on this site. 

Or Shawn Eichorst. You really wanna keep going back to that well?

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

No. That was only half the response.

In the other half you claimed Frost and Alberts could offer recruits assurance.

And I asked "of what?"

Pointing out that the issue of Frost's ranking and reputation in the larger college football world really doesn't have anything to do with the fans on this site. 

Or Shawn Eichorst. You really wanna keep going back to that well?

They can.

....or lack thereof if that's the answer you're looking for.

And yep.....because Eichorst was brought in for that adversarial relationship.....Alberts the opposite 

If recruits are making decisions based on message board chatter they need a better support system around them. It boils down to winning games- you do that recruits come. You don’t they don’t come or they change their mind and decommit. It’s all an excuse. Frost recruits and is responsible for winning. Blaming a message board and blaming whatever other outside factor is what is old with our fan base. How bout some accountability. I have seen people on this board making excuses for Pelini, Riley and now frost. Earn the 5 million and everything else takes care of itself 

21 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If recruits are making decisions based on message board chatter they need a better support system around them. It boils down to winning games- you do that recruits come. You don’t they don’t come or they change their mind and decommit. It’s all an excuse. Frost recruits and is responsible for winning. Blaming a message board and blaming whatever other outside factor is what is old with our fan base. How bout some accountability. I have seen people on this board making excuses for Pelini, Riley and now frost. Earn the 5 million and everything else takes care of itself 

I'm not blaming anyone. Just saying it's certainly not helping. When people want to go off the deep end on a decommit of a 3 star recruit, I'm going to point out fans certainly have a role in that. You bet your but if my boys are interested in playing college sports I'm going to be on that teams message boards figuring out whats up. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? STANLEY MORGAN'S MOM WAS ON THE BOARD AND A REGULAR POSTER during his recruitment. 

Recruits have cited fan interactions even liscense plates seen on commitment day as to why they have or have not chosen Nebraska. The idea that fan negativity has no impact is "tiring." Honestly, recruiting is probably the one place in a college program that fans do collectively make an impact.

My brother shares a story about one of his friends spouting off about Riley in a Lincoln bar and how much Riley sucked, then turned around and guess what Riley was seated not far behind them hosting a huge recruiting prospect. Needless to say that prospect did not commit to Riley.

Firing Frost now would be like cutting off a wounded limb just as it starts to heal because it is taking too long. I'm tired of Nebraska football gimping around too, but I'm not ready to cut our legs off.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I'm not blaming anyone. Just saying it's certainly not helping. When people want to go off the deep end on a decommit of a 3 star recruit, I'm going to point out fans certainly have a role in that. You bet your but if my boys are interested in playing college sports I'm going to be on that teams message boards figuring out whats up. AND YOU KNOW WHAT? STANLEY MORGAN'S MOM WAS ON THE BOARD AND A REGULAR POSTER during his recruitment. 

Recruits have cited fan interactions even liscense plates seen on commitment day as to why they have or have not chosen Nebraska. The idea that fan negativity has no impact is "tiring." Honestly, recruiting is probably the one place in a college program that fans do collectively make an impact.

My brother shares a story about one of his friends spouting off about Riley in a Lincoln bar and how much Riley sucked, then turned around and guess what Riley was seated not far behind them hosting a huge recruiting prospect. Needless to say that prospect did not commit to Riley.

Firing Frost now would be like cutting off a wounded limb just as it starts to heal because it is taking too long. I'm tired of Nebraska football gimping around too, but I'm not ready to cut our legs off.

So... Mike Riley... was in a Lincoln Bar... with a high school football prospect... yeah ok

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

No this is like cutting off your legs after youve tried to see if they would work for 4 years with the chance of getting a pair that actually work instead. You wanna know how to get rid of fan negativity? Don't have the worst win percentage of a husker HC since before any of us were born. Hell we havent been this s#!tty in my dads lifetime. If their is any negative point the finger at 5 million dollar man and his band of g5 coaches. 

14 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Bar and grill. Took him out for a meal.

Hooters I bet

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
58 minutes ago, TheSker said:

They can.

....or lack thereof if that's the answer you're looking for.

And yep.....because Eichorst was brought in for that adversarial relationship.....Alberts the opposite 

And Moos was brought in to hire Frost. Then left rather quickly and awkwardly. 

Anyhoo, love your consistency, but the bigger question is WHY you would accept Frost's assurance? He would have to say all the right things on behalf of Nebraska, but would recruits or their support network be wrong to doubt him at this point? They do have choices, you know. 

The other unanswered part of my question was whether independent college football advisors would tell recruits that exciting things are happening at Nebraska under Frost despite the numbers.

In a way it's the only question that matters regarding Scott's future. 

• Plus1 1