Frost vs His Peers

23 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, so it begins.  When 3 star players de-commit - you got a problem.  I  Perhaps we need to go after 2 star players to keep them in the fold?

Update is needed and correction to my post above.   Nebraska cut Schwartz loose after he suggested he'd like to make more trips: 

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/three-out-decommits-all-conference-huskers-and-nu-coaches-on-the-road

Cutting a recruit loose is nothing new

There are a number of folks up in arms about Hayden Schwartz

decommitting and what some of my and Sean's thoughts have been about Schwartz. What I understand now is Schwartz told Nebraska that he may have wanted to take another trip or two and based on that news Nebraska let him out of the class.

So, while Nebraska wasn't looking for a reason to necessarily get Schwartz out of the class, they didn't turn the chance away when it presented itself. As Sean and I said on the board earlier this week, Schwartz hardly looked the part of a Big Ten defensive lineman. The pictures don't lie. 

Jake Appleget  towered over Schwartz.

This is not the first time Nebraska has cut loose a player and it will hardly be the last. Heck, this staff cut a player loose just a year ago and, while there are no official records around this data, I have compiled a list to take all of you down memory lane.

12 hours ago, TheSker said:

I said nothing remotely close to any of this.

With the possible exception of the many times you did. 

You know this board keeps a record of your posts, right?

Anyway, you used that last line to dodge the question. Honestly, it's not just for you, it's for everyone:

Imagine you're a recruit, a recruit's family member, or a recruit's coach. Do you think Scott Frost's Nebraska is a good place to commit a football career?

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

With the possible exception of the many times you did. 

You know this board keeps a record of your posts, right?

Anyway, you used that last line to dodge the question. Honestly, it's not just for you, it's for everyone:

Imagine you're a recruit, a recruit's family member, or a recruit's coach. Do you think Scott Frost's Nebraska is a good place to commit a football career?

Another poster is concerned about the message board in regard to recruits.  I'm not.

Eichorst was in reference to his relationship with Pelini.  I said Alberts is much more visible for Frost and it's opposite of Eichorst and Pelini.

I said nothing of Eichorst affecting Frost 

Enjoy your Wednesday.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Another poster is concerned about the message board in regard to recruits.  I'm not.

Eichorst was in reference to his relationship with Pelini.  I said Alberts is much more visible for Frost and it's opposite of Eichorst and Pelini.

I said nothing of Eichorst affecting Frost 

Enjoy your Wednesday.

I don't think fretful fans on this message boards are a serious threat to recruits either. But are they wrong about the general perception of Scott Frost's Nebraska as a good destination right now? You seem to be in the "don't worry, Scott and Trev have this" camp, but it's not clear what that optimism is based on. That's why I keep asking the question.

The other stuff about Eichorst and Perlman goes back years, based on your belief that their removal would get rid of the problem. 

And you seem to forget there was a Moos between Eichorst and Alberts. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I don't think fretful fans on this message boards are a serious threat to recruits either. But are they wrong about the general perception of Scott Frost's Nebraska as a good destination right now? You seem to be in the "don't worry, Scott and Trev have this" camp, but it's not clear what that optimism is based on. That's why I keep asking the question.

The other stuff about Eichorst and Perlman goes back years, based on your belief that their removal would get rid of the problem. 

And you seem to forget there was a Moos between Eichorst and Alberts. 

Whether they are right or wrong doesn't mean you can claim I said something I didn't say.

And I am in the "don't worry" category regarding Alberts and Frost.

You and others may see it quite differently....and that's ok.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Update is needed and correction to my post above.   Nebraska cut Schwartz loose after he suggested he'd like to make more trips: 

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/three-out-decommits-all-conference-huskers-and-nu-coaches-on-the-road

Dropping a kid because he wants to take a couple more trips to make sure of his decision is pretty damn stupid.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Dropping a kid because he wants to take a couple more trips to make sure of his decision is pretty damn stupid.  

Looks like they tried to position it as they were looking for an easy out to cut the kid. If they didnt want him they should have just told him they didnt want him. 

• Plus1 1