This certainly didn't age well...

6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

AM starts to pass better when he is getting to move about.  I honestly would like to see at least half of our plays involve the option where AM can run or designed rollout where AM can run or pass while on the move.  Not only does this make it more difficult to defend, he also is more confident and tends to make bigger plays.  

100% agree...complete it or tuck it and get 5...rinse and repeat

13 hours ago, CyHawk said:

I really believed that Frost was a good choice for Nebraska and the entire Big 10. He lost me last year with the "play anybody, anywhere" early in the year, changed to "hey, my guys decided that they do not want to go to a bowl game this year". Who does that?  Good coaches (not even great, just good) would have basked in the opportunity for several weeks more practice and one more game . If nothing else, more time to iron things out for next year. Well, how did "next year" turn out? If Nebraska does not win 2 more, with one of them being Iowa, I cannot imagine a reason to keep him around. Good guy, just not a great coach for this point in time.  

With you on that.  I wondered at the time if he was lying about the majority of the players not wanting to bowl.  Hell, players love to play.  And after the effort to dodge the Oklahoma game I wondered more, as both those incidents smack of our boy Scott Frost as having a bit of a let's say poor skill set with regard to some of the aspects of his job as head coach of a large program football team.  Plus throwing players under the bus.  Repeatedly and in more than one way.

“‘I'm still a kid at heart’," Frost says.

I hope he still feels this way.

“I just love football.”

I hope he still feels this way.

“He has a personal stake in bringing the program back to that level.”

We KNOW he must feel this way.

“Frost says, ‘We have to have high hopes. And it's more than a hope here—it's an expectation.’"

It is still an expectation. That’s why the wide disconnect between the ‘Expectation’ and the Reality is such so dissonant and sour. And that wide gulf has been going on for so long now that confusion and puzzlement now rules the day. 

"‘I think the best predictor of future performance is past performance’," Frost says.

So does Husker Nation. But which future from which of The Red’s pasts? The former past one of glory, or the recent one? It's time for a fresh Future Performance. 

“Take a stroll around Lincoln, and you can feel it.”

Yes you can. But again... feeling that past or feeling the present? 

"... predicts the bartender at The Watering Hole, home of the best wings in Lincoln. ‘I feel sorry for the next coach that's going to come after Frost.’"

So does Husker Nation. Oh there will be optimism for the new guy whenever he comes in. There always is. But it will take someone with the courage to take on huge expectations with little mood for patience or margin for error.

“There is no more waiting.”

There wasn’t then, there isn’t mood for it now. The Hope is always in... Tomorrow.

But for now... there is STILL... waiting. And wondering. And wishing...