Who Will Win - Huskers vs Purdue - Poll

TGHusker

Who will win  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, here is my reaction after Minne and after having :koolaid2:kool aid drinking expectations following  the Michigan game.   Big bubble burst. 

There will be no kool aid drinking this week or next as we must wait 2 weeks for the game   

My prediction,  Purdue wasn't intimidated by being at #2 Iowa and even more so won't be coming into Lincoln.

The Big 10 coaches know they can play their game and while watching Nebraska implode and us fans can 

watch Frost being out coached once again.  This won't be a Northwestern game - or a Michigan game at home.

Visitors by 14+.   Until Frost proves otherwise, he cannot beat higher ranked opponents. 

Bubble Burst Bursting GIF - Bubble Burst Bursting Kid - Discover & Share  GIFs

• TGHusker changed the title to Who Will Win - Huskers vs Purdue - Poll

If we played like we did against the Gophers then we aren't winning any more this year. Really depends on which team shows up. Purdue demonstrated they aren't a doormat. Wiscy is down but what's Frost's record on the road? tOSU will do what tOSU usually does to us. Iowa will control the time of possession the entire game and win by 3 as they usually do.

If we play like we did against Michigan in the 2nd half I like our chances to win out. That's not going to happen, though.

Where’s the Does it even matter choice?  And how are we supposed to know what team shows up for any of those games? Is it the team that showed for OU, MSU and Michigan (if so one score losses) or is it the team that showed for Illinois and Minny (likely more than one score losses). It would be par for the course to win 2 of the 4 and be just that close but not quite bowl eligible.

Kool-Aid pitcher is empty and broken on the floor. Stained the damned carpet.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

This team is so in their head an riding an emotional roller coaster...and it's going to take more than Frost to level things out. 

Also, with the rumor of Adrian Martinez playing hurt against Minny...does he get healed up in two weeks, or are we going to debut the Smothers show against Pur-f******-due?

• Plus1 3

I’m glad (seriously) that there are still some optimistic fans that can bring themselves to say 3 wins in the next 4 games. I have a feeling if 2 was an option, nobody would be saying 3.  Honestly I can’t see 1 win even though 2 or 3 of those teams only require a team that won’t beat themselves to win.

While there is no reason or metric other than recruiting rankings to predict a win, this would be very Husker-like to pull out this one, give us hope, then lose the final 3. Went with Huskers by 3.

Intellectually, if the secondary can't stop Tanner Morgan, I don't have much hope they can stop Purdue.

10 hours ago, hskrpwr13 said:

While there is no reason or metric other than recruiting rankings to predict a win, this would be very Husker-like to pull out this one, give us hope, then lose the final 3. Went with Huskers by 3.

Intellectually, if the secondary can't stop Tanner Morgan, I don't have much hope they can stop Purdue.

Autman-Bell was the reason the secondary had issues.  He is an elite receiver who missed time earlier in the year.  This was their first game of the season with their top 2 receivers healthy.  They accounted for 161 of their 214 yards and 14 of their 21 completions.  Bell had 103 yards on 11 receptions.  The only other team we see during the remaining schedule with similar receiver talent is Ohio State.

Our secondary picked the ball off twice as well.  Defense did enough to win imo.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

Autman-Bell was the reason the secondary had issues.  He is an elite receiver who missed time earlier in the year.  This was their first game of the season with their top 2 receivers healthy.  They accounted for 161 of their 214 yards and 14 of their 21 completions.  Bell had 103 yards on 11 receptions.  The only other team we see during the remaining schedule with similar receiver talent is Ohio State.

Our secondary picked the ball off twice as well.  Defense did enough to win imo.  

Purdue has a receiver that might have something to say about this....

10 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

311-3115036_giant-magic-8-ball-magic-8-b

I just ordered one of these. I felt it was most likely more reliable than knowing what we will get on the field each saturday. 

• Plus1 1