Who Will Win - Huskers vs Purdue - Poll

TGHusker

Who will win  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Bell is putting up some pretty gaudy stats this season but I just don't think their overall passing game is on the same level.

i would argue that their passing game is all they really do. statistically they are a superior throwing team compared to Minnesota. Obviously getting their top targets back helps compared to the rest of the season. I would easily suggest that Iowa's defense is pretty damn good and Purdue tossed it around pretty dang well. If we get that Purdue team I don't like our chances. Not to mention we are 1-2 in the last 3 tries against Purdue. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

In the second half...yes.  First half...no.

We lost by 7 and left at least 11 (should be easy) points on the field.  I do think the defense had a mediocre first half but considering the game as a whole, I think they did a good job, especially when considering the time of possession was 38 to 22.  Our defense was on the field basically the majority of the first half.  

3 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

We lost by 7 and left at least 11 (should be easy) points on the field.  I do think the defense had a mediocre first half but considering the game as a whole, I think they did a good job, especially when considering the time of possession was 38 to 22.  Our defense was on the field basically the majority of the first half.  

This was a team loss.  Both units contributed to the loss.  The offense should have scored more.  The defense shouldn't have let them score at will in the first half.  It does matter if the points are scored in the first half or second half.  The fact is, they scored them.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

i would argue that their passing game is all they really do. statistically they are a superior throwing team compared to Minnesota. Obviously getting their top targets back helps compared to the rest of the season. I would easily suggest that Iowa's defense is pretty damn good and Purdue tossed it around pretty dang well. If we get that Purdue team I don't like our chances. Not to mention we are 1-2 in the last 3 tries against Purdue. 

It is definitely their offensive strategy- you may be right.  The reason I consider Minnesota more difficult is their ability to remain balanced and have 2 NFL caliber guys running routes.  Defense is constantly conflicted so we left them in 1 on 1 situations too often.  If Purdue can run the ball well enough, it may be more of the same.  

I would like to think our rested up defense will be able to perform though.  Purdue is averaging 15.75 points per game over the last 4 and will be coming off 2 physical games against Iowa and Wisconsin.  We should win... but we all know how that has turned out this year.      

Trying to predict who will win Nebraska's next game, we can no longer go by stats and injury reports and all that, let alone any lofty expectations to fire up and win out.  The instability of the Husker football time is now such that every game is a crap shoot, the Fordhams and Buffaloes notwithstanding, and I'm now not so sure we'd beat Buffalo again at this point.. maybe Fordham. 

Just what the hell is going on?  Has Frost lost them?  Some of them? 

Anyway, I'd hope that we pull it together during this bye week and get our noses open and breathing fire and keep it that way for four quarters and beat these arrogant Boilermakers something like 35 - 10.

I picked Huskers by more than 14 just because it seems like something the Husker roller coaster would do.

I also picked 2 more wins (counting Purdue).  I envision the team beating the crap out of Purdue, getting crushed by OSU, losing in a frustrating fashion at Wisconsin, and then playing inspired ball in a win against Iowa.  This just seems like the NU we are all used to...

This team desperately needs an "us against the world" attitude that Pelini was often chastised for.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Will be an interesting chess match on how Purdue schemes Bell and Smythe their TEs open.  I'd hope that Nebraska fans realize that Bell is probably the best WR in the Big Ten so barring an injury or apocalyptic weather he isn't getting slowed down.  I mean Purdue is ranked now so that pretty much means an auto-loss for Nebraska.

• Plus1 1

51 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

We come out fresh, healed up and pissed off and hand Purdue their hat.

Or David Bell goes off and we lose another close one.  If it's a blowout loss this whole place will burn down 

Huskers by 10

:throwdabones1:

It is sad when the most excitement we will get after the regular season is if we get a new head coach instead of looking forward to postseason play. 

5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It is sad when the most excitement we will get after the regular season is if we get a new head coach instead of looking forward to postseason play. 

That may be true for a % of the board but I still believe the majority on here, and huskers fans in general, are still pulling for Scott to turn it around.   

To the 20+ forum members that voted we go 0-4, anyone willing to put a bet on that?  I don't really believe any on here believe that but, if so, I'll offer 2-1 odds...

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

We come out fresh, healed up and pissed off and hand Purdue their hat.

:throwdabones1:

4 quarters of that would be nice.  Even though at this point it would feel something like when Appalachian State beat Michigan in 2007.