Who Will Win - Huskers vs Purdue - Poll

TGHusker

Who will win  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really don't know what to expect here.  On paper we should beat Purdue.   On paper we should have beat Illinois and Minnesota as well, but those games weren't as competitive as the final score indicated.  Those teams beat the snot out of us. 

It would be in character for this team to get thumped by Purdue but then make it competitive against Ohio State. 

If we win convincingly then it'll be confirmed that I'm the good luck guy because the Northwestern game was my first game in AGES and that looked like real Nebraska football.  Then I'll be honor-bound to attend every Husker game for the rest of my life.

As for the rest of the season, we need 3 Ws to earn a bowl game.   I don't know if Frost has the coaching chops to rally the troops but we shall see.

• Plus1 2

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I just don't get this. David Bell could wreck our team by himself.

FCkJRsMXEAIjPRK?format=jpg&name=orig

I bet a Purdue fan $10 in every sport.  When he Venmoed me my $10 for volleyball, he went ahead and did $10 more because he's confident we are going to beat them.

There are a lot of people outside the Nebraska fan base that don't see us as bad as we see ourselves.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I bet a Purdue fan $10 in every sport.  When he Venmoed me my $10 for volleyball, he went ahead and did $10 more because he's confident we are going to beat them.

There are a lot of people outside the Nebraska fan base that don't see us as bad as we see ourselves.

This is the same Purdue team that just beat Iowa. I know they lost badly to 3-3 Wisconsin, but we're still... us. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is the same Purdue team that just beat Iowa. I know they lost badly to 3-3 Wisconsin, but we're still... us. 

I can't argue against that.  But, the majority of experts and betters outside our fan base are expecting us to win obviously.

What's up with their QB.  Did their starter get hurt or did they make a switch this week to try something different?

EDIT:  Sorry, didn't realize he had played quite a bit already this year.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can't argue against that.  But, the majority of experts and betters outside our fan base are expecting us to win obviously.

What's up with their QB.  Did their starter get hurt or did they make a switch this week to try something different?

They're running a three-headed monster at QB. The vast majority of snaps are going to Aidan O'Connell, but they're bringing Plummer and Burton in for running plays. 

I watched quite a bit of the Purdue/Wisconsin game. If Matt Millen had said ONE MORE TIME, "If you've got three quarterbacks, you don't have any quarterbacks" I was going to punch my TV. It was working for the first half of the game. 

29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What's hilarious, and finally becoming evident, is a lot of offensive/defensive metrics have Iowa and Wisconsin as basically the same team with Wisconsin actually being better. The big difference has been turnovers on both sides of the ball, and then the schedules. Definitely speaks to the importance of turnovers - turn it over against great defense and it doesn't matter how bad their offense is.

I have no idea what's going to happen in this game, but I like that CTB seems to be peaking and that Purdue benched their QB with 0 INTs in favor of the one who's thrown 8.