Staff Changes

6 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

And as a result, Coach Frost did attain a #1 ranking today on Rivals.  With Coach O resigning, he is the Coach on the hottest seat.  Balloons and streamers for all!

I just don't see how we are better next year. I have gone through our starters in a few places but we will have to replace a lot more potentially than people think. Losing 3 of your 4 in the secondary, Jojo, Stille...heck Daniels could leave early if he wanted if he's just ready to be done with ball and try the NFL. Does Tannor want another year? Offensively you could lose your QB, Top WR (who transfers out of this group? many young guys never play) Both your TEs could call it quits and try the NFL out. Sichterman may call it quits and not take the covid year. We lose our kicker and replace him with who? He is currently the best we have so that leaves me even more concerned than before. It just isnt as cut and dry as people make it sound. 

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I just don't see how we are better next year. I have gone through our starters in a few places but we will have to replace a lot more potentially than people think. Losing 3 of your 4 in the secondary, Jojo, Stille...heck Daniels could leave early if he wanted if he's just ready to be done with ball and try the NFL. Does Tannor want another year? Offensively you could lose your QB, Top WR (who transfers out of this group? many young guys never play) Both your TEs could call it quits and try the NFL out. Sichterman may call it quits and not take the covid year. We lose our kicker and replace him with who? He is currently the best we have so that leaves me even more concerned than before. It just isnt as cut and dry as people make it sound. 

If the right side of the offensive line is better next season, we'll be fine.

You've got a lot of "could"

And yes....none, some or all could happen.

• Haha 2
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Your assessment reveals the truth, we will not likely be any better in 2022 (notwithstanding the schedule).  Accordingly, we need to accept two likely outcomes; 1.) the staff will receive a 5th Year and 2.) it will be their last at the helm.  

The scenario that would be best for all parties, but seems unlikely, would be for the University and Coaching staff to reach a mutual separation agreement after this season.  Sometimes things do not work out so rather than continue with the charade, both should move on with respect. 

Hall of Famer Forrest Gregg coached only 2 seasons at his alma mater SMU (2-9 and 1-10) and soon realized that it would not work out.  Of course, getting beaten 95-21 by Houston may have also contributed, but he at least understood that sometimes in life the most respectable thing to do is swallow your pride and move on for everyone's good.

Take Held and replace him with a better & former RB coach already on staff. Obviously Austin & Verdu should be gone. 

Even then. This won’t matter. He’s probably gonna get fired here in the next 1-2 years no matter what. Just delaying the inevitable. 

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Other than RG and RT my concerns about next season are low.

C’mon.  We should be at 6 wins minimum right now.  You really think an upgrade at two line positions doubles our current W’s?  Maybe if they’re both first team All Conference caliber, but that’s not happening. 

• Thanks 2

As much as I want coach Frost to work out here sometimes you have to take a long look in the mirror at not only yourself but in this case also at the staff you've put together and ask yourself.  Am I/we really doing this the best possible way?  The problem I feel and this is just an opinion is that SF seems to lack awareness.  You can hear it in his quotes, you can see it in his sideline demeanor and if no staff changes are made well...

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

C’mon.  We should be at 6 wins minimum right now.  You really think an upgrade at two line positions doubles our current W’s?  Maybe if they’re both first team All Conference caliber, but that’s not happening. 

Please list our first team all conference players since 2003.

It won't take long