Staff Changes

34 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

:facepalm:

Haha.  He's right.  LB play has been the least of our problems

47 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Exactly.

If.  And I'm saying if Frost can get the offensive line figured out, we'll be fine.  Our protection and missed blocks has Frost absolutely p!ssed.

When Frost says we're close, that's truly how close we are.

But with all of the woes for 4 years, what makes you think he can...

51 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Exactly.

If.  And I'm saying if Frost can get the offensive line figured out, we'll be fine.  Our protection and missed blocks has Frost absolutely p!ssed.

When Frost says we're close, that's truly how close we are.

Just fixing the line is all we need? Yeah ok. Get your head out of the clouds. There are a litany of other issues that need fixed as well. 

• Plus1 1

We are four years in. We have a should be senior QB & a fifth year loaded defense & we are 3-5. Including a loss to an average Minnesota team who was down to their 3rd string RB & a pitiful Illinois team in ease. Some parts may improve next year and some will take a step backwards. This team will never get going on all cylinders with Frost at the helm. Looking at probably winning one more game the rest of the season. Maybe two if we are improved. I’ll wait it out until the door is shown after the end of next season. 

• Plus1 4

Special teams. What would our record be if we didn’t make those errors on special teams? Missed FG’s, extra points, 7 yard punt, safety on a punt return, actually punting it to the direction of the directional punt call, fair catch around the 20 instead of letting it roll to the 5. The lack of a reliable kicker affected our play calls throughout the season. A 20 yard FG is a 50-50 gamble this year.

In summary on the hot seat per Carriker:  Personally I agree 100% with everyone on the list but am still unsure regarding SF as far as 'when' (I agree he should at least get 5) unless he can show he's aware enough and capable enough of making some tough/major calls himself regarding said staff.  Myself I would also add Lubick.

1. Frost (Says Frost should at least get 5 years)

2. Verduzco

3. Austin

4. Held

5. Dawson

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

In summary on the hot seat per Carriker:  Personally I agree 100% with everyone on the list but am still unsure regarding SF as far as 'when' (I agree he should at least get 5) unless he can show he's aware enough and capable enough of making some tough/major calls himself regarding said staff.  Myself I would also add Lubick.

2. Verduzco

3. Austin

4. Held

5. Dawson

Dawson? Maybe fired from special teams duties but that was Frost’s fault to begin with 

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, huskerfan99 said:

Just fixing the line is all we need? Yeah ok. Get your head out of the clouds. There are a litany of other issues that need fixed as well. 

A litany of problems which would more than likely be solved or get significantly better if we get better/dominant line play...aka, better running game and better pass protection that would result in more time to find open recievers, sustain drives, make better decisions and let routes develop. We have skill players that are more than adequate and Adrian has shown flashes of greatness. 

31 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

2. Verduzco

3. Austin

4. Held

5. Dawson

Good analysis and I agree.  I wouldn't add Lubick.  The WRs are a lot better this year than last.  The idea of Chinander stepping up as the new HC is an interesting one.  It could be a way to keep most of the defense in tact while changing the offense coaches.