Staff Changes

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And, yet, those programs aren't any closer to winning a championship than when they fired those coaches.

I'm not disagreeing. Like I said, if Frost had proven he could win 8+ games at Nebraska, like the coaches fired at Texas, Tennessee, USC - we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Frost wouldn't be on the hot seat with a resume like Jones, Herman, Helton. 

• Plus1 4

50 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

They exist. Guys at P5 schools who didn't get over .500 their first 4 years, and were kept 6+ years. 

Dan McCarney

Bobby Johnson

Greg Schiano

Bill Curry

Derek Mason

Mike Stoops

People can feel free to add to this list. 

I do appreciate this list because I honestly couldnt find anyone of merit that ever stuck around for that many years of being bad. I am not sure I would want anything to do with any of these coaches. Schiano is obviously the best for the eventual turnaround to make Rutgers respectable and even led them to an 11 win season in year 6.  PS Mike Stoops won 6 year 3 ;-) 

51 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

They exist. Guys at P5 schools who didn't get over .500 their first 4 years, and were kept 6+ years. 

Dan McCarney- Iowa state

Bobby Johnson- vanderbilt

Greg Schiano- Rutgers

Bill Curry- Georgia tech

Derek Mason- Vanderbilt

Mike Stoops- Arizona

I'm not that well versed on all coaches, so here's where they coached at.

Not a great lousy of schools to be compared to. Mike Stoops got 8 years to figure it out and had two 8 soon seasons. Derek Mason got 7. Curry got 7 with a single 9 win season. Johnson had 8 seasons to try. Nobody turned it around, obviously.

This list might make me feel worse...

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Dan McCarney

Bobby Johnson

Greg Schiano

Bill Curry

Derek Mason

Mike Stoops

Hugh Freeze at Liberty.  

Just now, All Hail Herbie said:

Hugh Freeze at Liberty.  

Or Mark Stoops (Kentucky)

47 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I'm not disagreeing. Like I said, if Frost had proven he could win 8+ games at Nebraska, like the coaches fired at Texas, Tennessee, USC - we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Frost wouldn't be on the hot seat with a resume like Jones, Herman, Helton. 

Completely agree Hardy.  While there is always criticism that comes with a Power 5 job, I have no doubt this coaching staff would be secure had they simply gotten us to consecutive bowls the last 2 years (with a Year 1 transition).  Whether we want to admit it or not, this is not a profession that rewards folks for coming close to wins, but only for actual wins.  

At 3-5, we are not close...

• Plus1 1